Finally getting on the trail with my XJ again - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Finally getting on the trail with my XJ again

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
pjbjr413
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Finally getting on the trail with my XJ again

Haven't had my Cherokee out since August. It was stock then, I went out to the trails around Broken Bow Lake in the Quachita National Forest, nothing too technical, but fun none the less. Cut a tire a rocky trail and wasn't at all prepared for it and had to drive in the last 10 miles on a flat tire, destroying it in the process, I'm sure we all have stupid newbie stories like that.

Finished up my lift a couple weeks, put a 3" Rough Country lift on it and set of 31x10.50x15 Lemans all terrains on it, not great, but, they were cheap and still have a ton of tread on them.

Anyways, heading out to Bridgeport tomorrow morning. Hoping I'm a bit more prepared this time. Have a spare tire that holds air, a high lift jack, tow strap, and such. So, wish me luck and I will post some pictures and videos tomorrow or Sunday.

This is what I finished the last 10 miles of my last trip on.....

pjbjr413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
SHOMurph
1995 ZJ 

Posted on cherokee.....heading to Bport on Sunday.

Weather and Mud report?! purdy please!
SHOMurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
dirtdude35
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Just got home from out there. Dont believe I saw you. I was in the black LJ.

And its pretty slick out there but I have seen it be worse

93 ZJ, 2in BB, Moabs, Goodyear wanglers MT/r Cherry bomb glass pack

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/dirtdude35s-lj-build-1415016/"]LJ Build[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/dirtdude-s-zj-build-thread-1236754/"]ZJ Build Thread[/URL]
dirtdude35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
pjbjr413
1988 XJ Cherokee 

It was pretty slick and soupy in places, but this was my first time out there, so I have nothing to compare to.

I was out there from about 9-1:30, I stayed on the easier trails to get the feel of everything, hitting mainly 1's and 2's.

I was happy with the way everything worked, it plowed through any mud, over all the hills and rocks I tried. Well, besides my high lift jack, which broke on its first use and that I knocked off the vacuum line to the front axle about an hour in, luckily that was an easy fix, had a hose clamp in my truck in the parking lot.
pjbjr413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.