Finally getting on the trail with my XJ again - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Finally getting on the trail with my XJ again

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 01-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
pjbjr413
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Finally getting on the trail with my XJ again

Haven't had my Cherokee out since August. It was stock then, I went out to the trails around Broken Bow Lake in the Quachita National Forest, nothing too technical, but fun none the less. Cut a tire a rocky trail and wasn't at all prepared for it and had to drive in the last 10 miles on a flat tire, destroying it in the process, I'm sure we all have stupid newbie stories like that.

Finished up my lift a couple weeks, put a 3" Rough Country lift on it and set of 31x10.50x15 Lemans all terrains on it, not great, but, they were cheap and still have a ton of tread on them.

Anyways, heading out to Bridgeport tomorrow morning. Hoping I'm a bit more prepared this time. Have a spare tire that holds air, a high lift jack, tow strap, and such. So, wish me luck and I will post some pictures and videos tomorrow or Sunday.

This is what I finished the last 10 miles of my last trip on.....

pjbjr413 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
SHOMurph
1995 ZJ 

Posted on cherokee.....heading to Bport on Sunday.

Weather and Mud report?! purdy please!
SHOMurph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
dirtdude35
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Just got home from out there. Dont believe I saw you. I was in the black LJ.

And its pretty slick out there but I have seen it be worse

93 ZJ, 2in BB, Moabs, Goodyear wanglers MT/r Cherry bomb glass pack

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/dirtdude35s-lj-build-1415016/"]LJ Build[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/dirtdude-s-zj-build-thread-1236754/"]ZJ Build Thread[/URL]
dirtdude35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
pjbjr413
1988 XJ Cherokee 

It was pretty slick and soupy in places, but this was my first time out there, so I have nothing to compare to.

I was out there from about 9-1:30, I stayed on the easier trails to get the feel of everything, hitting mainly 1's and 2's.

I was happy with the way everything worked, it plowed through any mud, over all the hills and rocks I tried. Well, besides my high lift jack, which broke on its first use and that I knocked off the vacuum line to the front axle about an hour in, luckily that was an easy fix, had a hose clamp in my truck in the parking lot.
pjbjr413 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.