fab shop in houston? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > fab shop in houston?

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 12-13-2007, 01:44 PM   #1
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

fab shop in houston?

hello guys,

I'm looking for a fab shop near or in Houston that would be willing to install a Ford 8.8 axle for me, into my YJ, this would include sourcing parts and welding the spring perches and shock mounts(because I lack the welding ability )

There is a fab shop near me on Clay Road, but they told me I would have to do my own parts sourcing (for EVERYTHING, including the brakelines, which is what I am having trouble with, because there seem to be different ways to do that) since they are so backed up.

any help would be appreciated.

1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
Gabe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

is this javier's?
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

yep, that is the place.
Unread 12-13-2007, 07:38 PM   #4
BK'sTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i got my flexible brake lines from currie, i don't remember the part numbers but just call them and ask, they're real helpful. for the hard lines and t fitting i just went to napa. you could go to creative engineering, i had him weld on my tj brackets to my 8.8. just go to www.ceoffroad.com it's out by the woodlands.

"I don't believe in repeat offenders, I believe in dead offenders." Ted Nugent
BK'sTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #5
Fool Injected
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Javiers is backed up? With what?
Fool Injected is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #6
Fool Injected
2001 TJ Wrangler 

And to be of some use...check out TGTW Offroad www.tgtwoffroad.com

Ask for Steve, tell him Kris Kelso sent ya. They dont just sell parts, they also fab on Jeeps.
Fool Injected is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #7
Ustabearenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

i would wait for Javier's to open up - they are backed up with completing Kelso's jeep - and the sourcing that wont too hard - this very forum is chocked full of people that have already done it
Unread 12-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #8
Dave@Javiers

Sorry we couldn't get to you right away. We are not only backed up with Kelso's Jeep, but many other projects.

Go here for parts for the swap:
www.mountainoffroad.com

Click on "catalog", then go to "Axle mounting hardware & brakelines"
Scroll down to the "Ford 8.8 Install Kits"

You'll need this:
98500 - Installation Kit 1987-1995 YJ
EB1 - Emergency Brake Cable Kit 1987-1995 YJ
221379 - Special Yoke All F 8.8 to 1310 series u-joint

Those are all the parts you will need for installation. All you need now is an axle assembly. Look in the Yellow Pages and call up salvage yards around town. It is a widely available axle, so you should be able to locate a few, go look at them, and then pick the one that looks like its in the best shape.

Once you get all your parts, come back in if you're still interested, and we will get it swapped in for you. Just keep in mind that we are REALLY busy and it may take a week or two.
Dave@Javiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 03:12 PM   #9
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

You know a place to get the same stuff to put a 14 bolt under a TJ?
Unread 12-28-2007, 08:00 AM   #10
Dave@Javiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
You know a place to get the same stuff to put a 14 bolt under a TJ?
Not a complete kit like that. Check out the Rubicon Express bracket kit, and Poly Performance brackets.
Dave@Javiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #11
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

ah, thanks for the input Dave, I hope I didn't come off as lazy hehe, the M.O.R.E parts and axle assembly was of no problem, car-part.com yielded some assemblies for me, but the brakelines were driving me nuts and still are.

plenty of articles on how to setup the lines for SOA, but I have yet to find anything for SUA, though, unfortuneatly I had to axe the axle swap after the home PC needed some love....GAH.
Unread 01-02-2008, 12:05 PM   #12
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trw
ah, thanks for the input Dave, I hope I didn't come off as lazy hehe, the M.O.R.E parts and axle assembly was of no problem, car-part.com yielded some assemblies for me, but the brakelines were driving me nuts and still are.

plenty of articles on how to setup the lines for SOA, but I have yet to find anything for SUA, though, unfortuneatly I had to axe the axle swap after the home PC needed some love....GAH.
Stupid home pc's.... I found most of what I want on BTF's website. Next time you have computer trouble, try posting in the Houston thread. There's a few of us in there that do alot of computer work and we can probably steer you in the right direction and save you some money.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.