Doin some wheelin in the DFW area! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Doin some wheelin in the DFW area!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 03-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
meboz23
2013 JK Wrangler 

Doin some wheelin in the DFW area!

Just off 360, took my first JK with a few mods out on the trail and had some fun!

image-1922756458.jpg

image-1764611595.jpg

meboz23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2014, 07:29 PM   #2
nitromud
2003 WJ 

Where on 360 is that?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 03-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #3
meboz23
2013 JK Wrangler 

Turn off by the golf course then follow the trail down and under the bridge and you will eventually find it. All the trails led to this portion.
Unread 03-09-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
Cadreamin
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Where is Dfw?
Cadreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #5
nitromud
2003 WJ 

Is that just an open area to go or do you have to go so.ewhere to get access to it? I know exactly where that place is. It's just south of 183 and 360.

Unread 03-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #6
meboz23
2013 JK Wrangler 

It's not technically "open" but no one messes with you, usually. I have been going out there for years and if anyone says anything they usually just ask you to leave. A lot of 4 wheel clubs go out there but it's slowly becoming commercial land so the trails are shrinking. I used both turn offs before and after the railroad bridge and they were still accessible.
Unread 03-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #7
Cadreamin
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What state / county?
Cadreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2014, 07:52 PM   #8
meboz23
2013 JK Wrangler 

Near mid-cities in the DFW area of Texas.
Unread 03-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #9
DFWCook
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Not to be the barer of bad news but the 360 Trinity river area around the golf course is illegal to wheel in. There are several no trespass signs, fences, burms and guard rails set up to keep you out, and they do ticket and tow, I've bailed buddies out who have gotten caught. Yea a lot people go and get away with it, but I wouldn't. It's not worth the price of admission if you get caught.

Also Grand Prairie is notorious for sending police in on 4 wheelers and arresting for trespassing and impounding your rig.

Just a heads up.

Yea I know it stinks, I used to go out there years back, I remember crossing the rail bridges and the pond, going up the hill besides 360 to the trinity rail express tracks and crossing over into Euless where all the dirt bikes used to ride.

4Sale: RE1142 Disco's,Fabtech 2.5" Lift
DFWCook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #10
nitromud
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWCook View Post
Not to be the barer of bad news but the 360 Trinity river area around the golf course is illegal to wheel in. There are several no trespass signs, fences, burms and guard rails set up to keep you out, and they do ticket and tow, I've bailed buddies out who have gotten caught. Yea a lot people go and get away with it, but I wouldn't. It's not worth the price of admission if you get caught.

Also Grand Prairie is notorious for sending police in on 4 wheelers and arresting for trespassing and impounding your rig.

Just a heads up.

Yea I know it stinks, I used to go out there years back, I remember crossing the rail bridges and the pond, going up the hill besides 360 to the trinity rail express tracks and crossing over into Euless where all the dirt bikes used to ride.
That is what I was afraid of .

Unread 03-13-2014, 12:20 AM   #11
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Since about 2006, 360 has become a 4-letter word. The previous owner of the land used to let people come on and go wheeling, but in 2006 (or thereabouts, it's a bit fuzzy) the land was bought by somebody else- I want to say the golf course next door though I'm probably mistaken. (It may have been the City of Arlington) The new owner is not amenable to the idea of people 4-wheeling on the trails that are all carved into the land already. They don't even want to charge people to use the land, even though they could potentially make a killing.

Now, the rumor is the City of Arlington owns it and intends to expand the golf course and River Legacy park onto it, though UTA is currently performing some paleontological activity on part of it. A few things are certain, however: GP has no jurisdiction on the land, which is entirely within Arlington; it's not a guarantee you'll be picked up by cops; it's not worth the risk of legal trouble. I mean, it's better than the BS between Carrollton and Frisco off 121, but neither of the two are legal, and neither of the two are even as good wheeling as Bridgeport.

I personally think Arlington should make it an OHV park. I'd pay to play there. It's plenty big enough, and it'd be a great influx of money to the economy, I bet. Better than expanding that stupid flood-prone golf course anyway.

(By the by, Nitromud, what part of AG do you live in? My buddy just picked up a WJ and he and I are looking for some local Grand Cherokee guys to talk shop with)

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2014, 08:06 AM   #12
nitromud
2003 WJ 

I'm in south west Arlington.

Unread 03-16-2014, 08:17 AM   #13
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm also in SW Arlington, just South of the Bowen/Sublett intersection.

Check out Lone Star Jeep Club. They have alot of runs coming up soon. You don't have to be a member to go on thier runs.
Here's a link to the club's forum.
http://www.lsjc.org/board/forum.php
Unread 03-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #14
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromud View Post
I'm in south west Arlington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuder View Post
I'm also in SW Arlington, just South of the Bowen/Sublett intersection.

Check out Lone Star Jeep Club. They have alot of runs coming up soon. You don't have to be a member to go on thier runs.
Here's a link to the club's forum.
http://www.lsjc.org/board/forum.php
Me and another user here (Kulhu) are south of 20, near Collins and Matlock respectively. Should oughta get the troops together.

Also, good note about LSJC. I keep forgetting to join up, mostly because all the guys in LSJC I've met have been in super jacked-up TJs and think a ZJ is lame. It may or may not be indicative of LSJC as a whole, but what can you do?

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2014, 06:24 AM   #15
kristi5683
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Bringing back a month old thread... I'm in the alliance area but work in west FW and often drive all over the place. I think a pint night is needed!

any of y'all been out to Tolar yet?
kristi5683 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.