DFW Area - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > DFW Area

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 02-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #16
HrToy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

North Dallas here.
I had heard 360 was heavily patrolled by the police and they were handing out tickets for trespassing. I haven't been out since October or so. Same with Cambpbell Rd.
Bridgeport is open to the public now. I was out there a lot during trail building. Fun place. Everything from rocks to stock. I believe they charge $20 a day to wheel. They have air out there now, too.
A group is forming for tomorrow (Sat. 6th). I have a Super Bowl party to host otherwise I would be out there.
Let me know if ya'll make a date and place. I am interested in more short trips than driving to Clayton. Have ya'll been to Barnwell Mtn./Gilmer yet? It's about 2 1/2 hrs. from me. Good camp ground, toilets, showers, air. I've driven out for just an afternoon, but the drive kills me with those 35 Mud Grapplers.

HrToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 07:09 PM   #17
austentatious
2001 TJ Wrangler 

no i hear its awesome though

2001 TJ - |Goodyear|Rokmen|Zone|Nemesis|MetalCloak|RockHard|IPF|Mastercraft|TomWoods|Novak|TenFactory|
austentatious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #18
DavidAnderson
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HrToy View Post
North Dallas here.
I had heard 360 was heavily patrolled by the police and they were handing out tickets for trespassing. I haven't been out since October or so. Same with Cambpbell Rd.
Bridgeport is open to the public now. I was out there a lot during trail building. Fun place. Everything from rocks to stock. I believe they charge $20 a day to wheel. They have air out there now, too.
A group is forming for tomorrow (Sat. 6th). I have a Super Bowl party to host otherwise I would be out there.
Let me know if ya'll make a date and place. I am interested in more short trips than driving to Clayton. Have ya'll been to Barnwell Mtn./Gilmer yet? It's about 2 1/2 hrs. from me. Good camp ground, toilets, showers, air. I've driven out for just an afternoon, but the drive kills me with those 35 Mud Grapplers.

your the guy in the silver tj right?
DavidAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 09:40 PM   #19
smcginnis87
4X4WK

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb817 View Post
have yall been to bridgeport yet?

yes we have and when i say "we" i mean some of the WK guys ... i was gonna go but family stuff came first it was the sunday after Christmas,but we do plan to go here soon i hope when the weather gets a little better! i will post stuff on the south forum here if we talk about it on the WK forum
smcginnis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #20
HrToy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

No. I am a woman with a blue TJ. Hope I didn't disappoint you, Mr. Anderson.
Unread 02-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #21
DavidAnderson
1993 ZJ 

I have been going to 360, well, since nov-dec, not so much, but every weekend, fri-sat-sun and during the week. Never saw another jeep other than the silver one with mud grapplers.

Now im puzzled, ive wheeled with almost everyone out there, and still dont recognize your rig. Can we get a picture?

Also, are you on LSJC??
DavidAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #22
HrToy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yes on LSJC> I don't hang around them much anymore. Same name on their website. Still have friends from the club and I'm a member but I have a serious difference of opinion than they do. Have been hanging with FWD-FWD people and having a great time. Been to Clayton a lot. Haven't been to Gilmer in a while. Spent a lot of time at Bridgeport. We've probably crossed paths somewhere.
Unread 02-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #23
txZJwheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Im in Keller, been to bridgeport a bunch and gilmer a couple times. Im in a Khaki rubicon LJ on 33" swampers now that my ZJ is dead. There is a club run at Gilmer coming up in march. Check out dfw-tx4wd.org for details
txZJwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 08:11 AM   #24
Bagration44
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I am in Denton, but I am currently Jeepless. When I last had a Jeep I was in Lubbock. I am hoping to remedy that dreadful situation before long, though, so hopefully I'll see some of you out on the trails soon.

J
Bagration44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #25
HrToy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Old pic at Campbell Rd. I have made a lot of mods since then...
ujjun080018.jpg  
Unread 02-19-2010, 09:26 AM   #26
cj7major77
1977 CJ7 

my buddy at campbell. I will update this weekend with my cj. If anyone else wants to go to campbell this weeken d pm me

Official NObama Club Member!!!
Built Not Bouught Member
Texas Jeep Club Member
cj7major77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #27
HrToy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I was thinking about going to Bridgeport on Sunday. I'm waiting for my trail buddy to call me back for a yes or no. He has family stuff on Saturday.
Does Campbell Rd. still allow us out there?
Unread 02-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #28
cj7major77
1977 CJ7 

Ya man. My buddys and i go up there all the time

Official NObama Club Member!!!
Built Not Bouught Member
Texas Jeep Club Member
cj7major77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #29
HrToy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I group from LSJC is going to Bport on Sunday. I'm will be going.

http://lsjc.org/board/showthread.php?t=41089

What time are you looking to go to Campbell on Saturday? I may come out for a bit. Haven't been there in a while and I'd like to see how it's changed.
Unread 02-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #30
HrToy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't hear from anyone re: Campbell on Saturday. I ended up breaking a shock mount and trashing a shock bushing while out on a Garland street. All I wanted to do was get my CO2 tank filled. Their roads in that neighborhood are worst than some of those dirt roads in Commerce. I got it fixed but it took all afternoon.

Sunday at Bridgeport was awesome. We had a few hours of sunshine and short sleeve weather. Then the front came in. The clay was thick and slicker than owl poop. My jeep is coated from top to bottom. My husband wouldn't allow me to park in the garage. I had to leave Leroy out to dry in the driveway.
I'm not looking forward to washing him. I had to make a new trail at one point and the effects won't be pretty. Good thing the weather is gonna be crappy. That will buy me a few days to enjoy the new color.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.