The Colony, TX (Dallas Area) my first wheelin pix! - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > The Colony, TX (Dallas Area) my first wheelin pix!

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #61
onecooltngeek

Hey, thanks for the info...
I'm in town this week and part of next for work. Got a 2012 JKU for a rental and was lookin for something fun to do with it =0)

Was going to check the colony's area, but this looks like a safer bet (less trouble from the law).

I'll be out there either today and or tomorrow around 4pm - 7pm, and next week on wednesday (3/7) if I can get a 4x4 rental again.

Can't be to crazy since I have to get to work at 10 pm, but sounds like a cool place.

onecooltngeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #62
02ws666
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecooltngeek
Hey, thanks for the info...
I'm in town this week and part of next for work. Got a 2012 JKU for a rental and was lookin for something fun to do with it =0)

Was going to check the colony's area, but this looks like a safer bet (less trouble from the law).

I'll be out there either today and or tomorrow around 4pm - 7pm, and next week on wednesday (3/7) if I can get a 4x4 rental again.

Can't be to crazy since I have to get to work at 10 pm, but sounds like a cool place.
The colony area is good just watch for cops on exit. DO NOT go to the place on 380 in my last post. Got busted 2 weeks ago apparently it's core land. Just a heads up
Unread 03-01-2012, 03:22 AM   #63
onecooltngeek

doh, didn't see this in time =)

went by the COlony's area, but the entrance I saw of Squire I had to drive by a house and there were lots of kids riding bikes back there, so I just moved on...

Went to the place off N Trinity... spent about 2 or so hours out there... no problems, didn't see anyone else... an amazing amount of trash out there though.... went up/down most every trail a few times... The 2012 stock with street tires JKU X did good for that area. THe only issues were when my backend slipped into the ruts a few times, but I never got stuck...
I did want to cross that creek back behind the "pond" area, but dind't want to risk getting stuck.

The sides of the jeep did get some brushing as well, so if I you like perfect paint, stay away...
lewisville-20120229-00595.jpg   lewisville-20120229-00597.jpg   lewisville-20120229-00596.jpg   lewisville-20120229-00600.jpg   pilot-point-aubrey-20120229-00599.jpg  

onecooltngeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #64
02ws666
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecooltngeek
doh, didn't see this in time =)

went by the COlony's area, but the entrance I saw of Squire I had to drive by a house and there were lots of kids riding bikes back there, so I just moved on...

Went to the place off N Trinity... spent about 2 or so hours out there... no problems, didn't see anyone else... an amazing amount of trash out there though.... went up/down most every trail a few times... The 2012 stock with street tires JKU X did good for that area. THe only issues were when my backend slipped into the ruts a few times, but I never got stuck...
I did want to cross that creek back behind the "pond" area, but dind't want to risk getting stuck.

The sides of the jeep did get some brushing as well, so if I you like perfect paint, stay away...
Yea you gotta get into the colony spot when no ones around. And nice pics of n trinity. Only thing they can do is ask you to leave and warn you, since there are no signs or gates/fences. The creek crossing behind the pond is pretty deep, although it may have dried up. You could of proy made it but woulda taken all ur driving skills. I'm in the process of finding who exactly owns the land. Everywhere south of the pond, including the creek area is absolutely core land. The main wheeling place with all the hills and such I don't think it is. But according to the Denton county sheriffs, it is. I plan on checking public records and seeing ad if it's privately owned, I'll contact the owner and get permission. I even checked the army corps website an downloaded their map and that section is NOT labeled their land. So who knows. Worst case scenario they kick you off and tell you not to come back. They cant ticket or arrest without any no trespassing signs and no gates.
Unread 03-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #65
Piepenbrok420
2013 JK Wrangler 

Im down to go wheeling anytime, i work at firestone in the colony, and need to get my new xj project dirty for the first time

jeepin-420.jpg
Unread 03-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #66
XlieutenantdanX
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i checked it out today. It was great. very chill trail. There were couple of guys there with mountain bikes and dirt bikes. Looking forward to buying some good tires and lifting it so I can really get in the mud.
XlieutenantdanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #67
hotrodjeeper
1998 ZJ 

Iv rode some of these trails off legacy and 4th army street in Frisco! Theres some fun out there, I'm over in Little Elm/Frisco out by Saratoga. I need to hit these trails from the side you posted with the google hyperlink. I Havnt been on that side yet. PM IF someone wants to join one day.

These are out at Saratoga, even though the trees are half gone the trail is still there to the core land / shore lines.

Unread 04-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #68
hotrodjeeper
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ws666 View Post
Yea you gotta get into the colony spot when no ones around. And nice pics of n trinity. Only thing they can do is ask you to leave and warn you, since there are no signs or gates/fences. The creek crossing behind the pond is pretty deep, although it may have dried up. You could of proy made it but woulda taken all ur driving skills. I'm in the process of finding who exactly owns the land. Everywhere south of the pond, including the creek area is absolutely core land. The main wheeling place with all the hills and such I don't think it is. But according to the Denton county sheriffs, it is. I plan on checking public records and seeing ad if it's privately owned, I'll contact the owner and get permission. I even checked the army corps website an downloaded their map and that section is NOT labeled their land. So who knows. Worst case scenario they kick you off and tell you not to come back. They cant ticket or arrest without any no trespassing signs and no gates.
Well if its no ones land let's go take it haha! Yeah I heard the guy who owed all the land originally died and his kids sold off most the land to the housing developments. Iv lived here all my life and rememeber when it was all ranch and farm land.
Unread 04-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #69
02ws666
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ya there are def some good spots, but after you wheel em all 5-10 times they get old lol. Where is the spot by the lake in your pic?
02ws666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #70
hotrodjeeper
1998 ZJ 

Out in Saratoga or next to hidden cove park off stone brook. It's more of a mud/fishing area then trails. When the lake got real low it was tones of fun. U could ride the shore forever.
Unread 05-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #71
ntkarter4x
2006 LJ Wrangler 

thinking about hitting fourth army today if anybody wants to join....shoot me a pm if you want to go out
ntkarter4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #72
aggieslaughter
2008 JK Wrangler 

Anyone still do any wheelin' around here? I'm new to the area and haven't had a chance to make a run!! I know it's short notice but I'd even do something tomorrow if anyone is interested?!?!

Let me know!
Unread 06-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #73
02ws666
2003 TJ Wrangler 

There is now a no motor vehicles sign at the entrance so be careful. Havnt gone in a while as my jeep doesnt have 4x4 at the moment. But did go with my dad in his new silverado out there to do some fishing last month. still got good trails if you dont mind scratching your jeep. well you dont have to, but those are the more fun trails ne ways.
Unread 06-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #74
Piepenbrok420
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieslaughter
Anyone still do any wheelin' around here? I'm new to the area and haven't had a chance to make a run!! I know it's short notice but I'd even do something tomorrow if anyone is interested?!?!

Let me know!
im down to go out there, i got a few guys with jeeps down to go, hit me up 469-216-1218
-chris

oO| | | | | | |Oo
2008 WK 3.7L QT1 RRO lift + Bilteins, 33" Destination M/T
Unread 06-09-2012, 12:57 AM   #75
hotrodjeeper
1998 ZJ 

What Time are yall thinking about going? Im down the street from that area and would like to join if it fits in with my plans. Im sure there going to be alot muddier then normal from all the rain, so the colony spot might be kinda bad as its got some trails that go to and from the creek.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.