The Colony, TX (Dallas Area) my first wheelin pix! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > The Colony, TX (Dallas Area) my first wheelin pix!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
02ws666
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The Colony, TX (Dallas Area) my first wheelin pix!

Here are a couple pics from my first time out in my new to me jeep!! always wanted one and found a good deal.

2003 sport w/37k miles. one owner. dana 44. 4 inch lift w/33s.

to do list: freaking slip yoke eliminator
gears/lockers
front bumper/winch

i have a 2002 trans am and its a money pit. so what did i do, invested in another one!! best decision EVERRRR!! haha

bad thing: the tires are over 5 years old and they showed while i was climbing. couldnt grab ne thing!! i have 4 brand new bfg mt km2s sitting at discount tire that will be on the jeep by 6pm

This looked way steeper in person. the picture kinda makes me seem like a ***** lol. my buddies jk with a 2 inch lift couldnt make it up where he is sitting. he got hung up every time. but me, i made it!!! so freaking happy!!

first awesome(to me) flex!!

just a couple more to show the rear tires. i was pretty ecstatic about these shots lol

i didnt wanna try crawling up this with my ****ty tires. just didnt seme like a good idea. ill get it next time.

02ws666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
Louiecvt
2011 JK Wrangler 

where is that place?
Louiecvt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2011, 07:23 AM   #3
02ws666
2003 TJ Wrangler 

you enter at this point on the map. and just trailride into the back. there are a couple nice climbing spots. a couple hills to crawl over. and you can get all the way to the lake if you take the right trails... nothing special, but i live in The Colony, so its easy for me to access and have a little fun

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...45447&t=h&z=15
Unread 06-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #4
arodgers
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ws666 View Post

Time for some disco's!
arodgers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
TripLeader
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Very Nice!
borat.jpg  
TripLeader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
lecharbon
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I am in Carrollton. I will have to check it out.
Unread 06-23-2011, 07:30 AM   #7
CraigWK
2005 WK 

Man thats 5 min from my house! I'll have to check it out too!
Unread 06-23-2011, 07:38 AM   #8
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

very nice. Congrats on the Jeep

FIX IT TILL it's broke
hesterj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2011, 05:40 PM   #9
lecharbon
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Who owns the property? Anyone know?
Unread 06-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #10
hrt4me
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecharbon View Post
Who owns the property? Anyone know?
+1, I'd also like to know...
hrt4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #11
CraigWK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrt4me View Post
+1, I'd also like to know...
Well I did some digging on some gov sites and the best I could determine is that this land is Frisco city owned and zoned partly for future parks, but mostly as flood plane. Looks like they have not done much updating since 2006 though and I could not find any tax record or what would resemble and address to prove any other ownership to the land on a district appraisal website.

http://maps.friscotexas.gov/

So where does that leave us? Clueless.
Unread 06-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #12
02ws666
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I believe it is army core land. That or frisco land. Who cares no one goes out there!! Ppl are there everyweekend having bonfires. Ima be out there this afternoon sometime just to take my girl and buddy out for a spin.
Unread 06-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #13
lecharbon
2002 TJ Wrangler 

http://gis.dentoncounty.com/DentonGIS/MapViewer.html

The portion heading west and south of the pond belongs to City of The Colony. The rest of it is private property owned by:

GGH Kingwood Land LLC
3751 Victoria Park Ave
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Tread Lightly. Privately owned and foreign at that; that's weird.
Unread 06-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #14
CraigWK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecharbon View Post
http://gis.dentoncounty.com/DentonGIS/MapViewer.html

The portion heading west and south of the pond belongs to City of The Colony. The rest of it is private property owned by:

GGH Kingwood Land LLC
3751 Victoria Park Ave
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Tread Lightly. Privately owned and foreign at that; that's weird.
The area that this thread is talking about is 100% Frisco, none of that land is City of Colony (where I live) even based on this map (or any I've found). I know that the army corp of eng owns just about all the land around the lake that is left in Colony City Limits, and most left in Denton County around the lake.

However, being from that area of Toronto originally, I can tell you that there are alot of developers there, so that would explain part of the private property in Frisco that is zones for residential development in the future. Keep in mind, when you look at the map I originally posted that you can tell exactly where the flood plane and park land is - aka where nobody will ever bother you. Remember, there are no roads from Frisco easily accessing this property, and the Colony Police obviously have no concern since it is not their jurisdiction.

I'll be out there tomorrow at some point!
Unread 06-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #15
02ws666
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be out there today. Shoot me a text if anybody comes out. My name is Nick and my # is 214-683-5344

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.