Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

The Colony, TX (Dallas Area) my first wheelin pix!

34K views 143 replies 36 participants last post by  j33p4l1fe4x4 
#1 ·
Here are a couple pics from my first time out in my new to me jeep!! always wanted one and found a good deal.

2003 sport w/37k miles. one owner. dana 44. 4 inch lift w/33s.

to do list: freaking slip yoke eliminator :(
gears/lockers
front bumper/winch

i have a 2002 trans am and its a money pit. so what did i do, invested in another one!! best decision EVERRRR!! haha

bad thing: the tires are over 5 years old and they showed while i was climbing. couldnt grab ne thing!! i have 4 brand new bfg mt km2s sitting at discount tire that will be on the jeep by 6pm :)

This looked way steeper in person. the picture kinda makes me seem like a ***** lol. my buddies jk with a 2 inch lift couldnt make it up where he is sitting. he got hung up every time. but me, i made it!!! so freaking happy!!

first awesome(to me) flex!!

just a couple more to show the rear tires. i was pretty ecstatic about these shots lol

i didnt wanna try crawling up this with my ****ty tires. just didnt seme like a good idea. ill get it next time.

See less See more
#3 ·
#7 ·
Man thats 5 min from my house! I'll have to check it out too!

#12 ·
I believe it is army core land. That or frisco land. Who cares no one goes out there!! Ppl are there everyweekend having bonfires. Ima be out there this afternoon sometime just to take my girl and buddy out for a spin.

#14 ·
The area that this thread is talking about is 100% Frisco, none of that land is City of Colony (where I live) even based on this map (or any I've found). I know that the army corp of eng owns just about all the land around the lake that is left in Colony City Limits, and most left in Denton County around the lake.

However, being from that area of Toronto originally, I can tell you that there are alot of developers there, so that would explain part of the private property in Frisco that is zones for residential development in the future. Keep in mind, when you look at the map I originally posted that you can tell exactly where the flood plane and park land is - aka where nobody will ever bother you. Remember, there are no roads from Frisco easily accessing this property, and the Colony Police obviously have no concern since it is not their jurisdiction.

I'll be out there tomorrow at some point! :thumbsup:

#15 ·
I'll be out there today. Shoot me a text if anybody comes out. My name is Nick and my # is 214-683-5344

#17 ·
i really like this spot cuz there are a couple nice climbing places, good trails, and some mud if you go out by the lake. its pretty perfect if your in The Colony area...

#18 ·
So, as soon as you drive into the area, there is a fork in the road and this sign is in the middle. I Assume this is intended for the land development happening if you take a right...so I went for it. It is a really nice area, lots of good hills, and definitely a good amount of mud after a good rain or down by the lake. I'll be going back, and in the mean time I'm going to start trying to look into who holds the title for the land (seems like City of Frisco, so I'll start there). I'll post up more if I find anything out. Otherwise, happy wheeling!

Attachments

#19 ·
yea i never go onto that land. as i respect farmer's fields. thats how they make a living. its def a fun place tho!

#22 ·
Just so Everyone knows. The lake is pretty non existent now. However there are two little trenches/creeks that have water and mud if you have to balls to go through it!!

#26 ·
yall go out there at all this weekend? its too damn dry now :(

#31 ·
Guys went out last night for a night run here. it was damn fun after all the rain. i will say it had plenty of mud. here is some links to a couple of pics one covered in mud. almost got stuck took me 30 mins with mud up to the bottom of my doors to get out of. this was right when you enter the off road section. think about going to tomorrow around noon. Hit me up if you want to join. cell is 214-236-1509 Matt. heres the pics. not the best pics. dark and my iphone had a smudge at the time.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.