Central Texas wheeling May 17th or 18th - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Central Texas wheeling May 17th or 18th

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Central Texas wheeling May 17th or 18th

Is anyone up for some wheeling next weekend out at the new boulder creek park near Austin? I am planning on just going out to check out the property, if anyone want to tag along feel free to post up

here is a link to the parks website
http://www.bouldercreekfarms.org/4x4.html

tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
kingvm
2005 WK 

I can't make it that weekend but I did go check it out a few weeks ago and it really has some potential. Right now the jeep section is 700 acres and has not been developed that much but there are 5 or 6 trails and a lot of access trails. My problem with the trails is that all but 2-3 of them are too much for my rig but you should enjoy them.

The front larger section has really been developed pretty well for ATV runs and most of them are wide enough for Jeeps/Toyotas etc. They really would be good beginner trails for jeep folks but the trails for mid level rigs are just not quite there yet.

The place is so big that if you just like scenic climbs and descents thru the hills it can keep you busy all day without having to run the same trails over and over.
Unread 05-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

That looks interesting... I may have to look into it a bit more.
Unread 05-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #4
TJTRUBL2006
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yall let me know if you guys decide to run I may go myself...

CENTEX OFFROAD MILITIA

06 Rubi
Shane
TJTRUBL2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2008, 07:34 AM   #5
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I am deffinently going next weekend so if you want to come along let me know
Unread 05-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #6
dz1087
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Don't think I'll be able to make it, but I might head up there after I get my wings.

BTW, tube YJ, were you up a Long's Ranch on Sunday, August 5 last year? I saw a 'yota that looked a lot like yours going through the lawnmower.

Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF037AD
'03 TJ Sport, Black on White, Stock. [[Gone]]
'99 XJ, Purple, Stock but with new wheels.

Running Doorless? Check your state's Mirror Laws!!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/list-state-mirror-laws-565361/

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
Theodore Roosevelt
dz1087 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2008, 07:53 PM   #7
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

yeah that was me, sadly that was the last time I have had my toyota out on the trails. I am looking forward to this weekend
Unread 05-13-2008, 07:59 PM   #8
Fool Injected
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Tube (Tim, IIRC???),

you used to be a big proponent of Trees Ranch, I remember you always pimpin it when you had your Jeep. Do you still go out there? Will you be there for Texas Twister?

Sorry for the brief hi-jack.
Fool Injected is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2008, 08:06 PM   #9
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Injected View Post
Tube (Tim, IIRC???),

you used to be a big proponent of Trees Ranch, I remember you always pimpin it when you had your Jeep. Do you still go out there? Will you be there for Texas Twister?

Sorry for the brief hi-jack.
I still try to make it out to trees when I can. Unfortunently my current job has me in a spot where i can not take vaction until October of this year, and I work on sunday of memorial day weekend. I will be out there for next years texas twister for sure, but this year it is not going to work out. I basically work every third day, so I am limited to day trips for the time being

Although we have been talking about taking a trip to moab in october since i will have of vacation to burn
Unread 05-13-2008, 08:09 PM   #10
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

BTW I saw your pictures from clayton, I have been dying to get back up there, so if you are planning on any trips this winter let me know
Unread 05-13-2008, 08:09 PM   #11
Fool Injected
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ah, well in that case...Hurry up October!!!

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Unread 05-13-2008, 09:19 PM   #12
dz1087
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tube yj View Post
yeah that was me, sadly that was the last time I have had my toyota out on the trails. I am looking forward to this weekend
Well, after the beating you gave it there, it needed a break. Too bad I didn't know how they hell you were, I would have said howdy. I was the guy there with the stock white TJ with street tires. Raymond, the guy with the red CJ "Slideaction" invited me to go up there with him. I was riding with him when he broke in the middle of the lawnmower. Really the only trail ride I've had time for. Hoping to get out a little after training is done here.

Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF037AD
'03 TJ Sport, Black on White, Stock. [[Gone]]
'99 XJ, Purple, Stock but with new wheels.

Running Doorless? Check your state's Mirror Laws!!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=565361

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
Theodore Roosevelt
dz1087 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #13
Fool Injected
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tube yj View Post
BTW I saw your pictures from clayton, I have been dying to get back up there, so if you are planning on any trips this winter let me know
Ah, just saw this, I guess we posted at the same time last night.

Looks like Clayton is shaping up for the weekend of October 2nd - 5th. Would love to have you along, my V.P. is a Yota guy and he will need all the help he can get

I'll let ya know when it gets confirmed.
Unread 05-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #14
AlTheKillerr

i went last weekend with a few jeeps and it wasnt that great. way over priced and not much out there other than dirt roads and a few level 5s
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #15
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlTheKiller View Post
i went last weekend with a few jeeps and it wasnt that great. way over priced and not much out there other than dirt roads and a few level 5s
Well the price is on par with other parks, and the proximity for me is what makes it worth the money. All I am personally interested in are level 5s, but the beauty of the park is that they allow you to cut trails. So if you don't think there are enough trails out there, make some. I beleive they let you wheel for free if you are cutting trails.

This place will only be as good as we make it, if you want to cut some trails let me know, I will be out there to help. Having been involve in wheeling in Texas for a while, I must say that it is nice to have an area as close as boulder creek

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.