boulder creek june 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > boulder creek june 8

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 06-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
DESERTDEACON
1992 YJ Wrangler 

boulder creek june 8

anyone wanna go

DESERTDEACON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
J33Pyj
1995 ZJ 

If it was close to houstone yes i would but cant afford gas to go that far and wheel
90 yj/ 4:88 gears/33x12.50x15 Super Swamper TRXUS Mud Terrains/K&N air system/2.5L/D30front aussie equip'd/D35 rear / 3in BL/ 2in shackle lift / XRC8 Winch

If you havent broken it, you havent been wheelin
J33Pyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2008, 06:08 PM   #3
AlTheKillerr

not worth while IMO. last we went out there it was either a dirt road a civic could go on or something that needed 37s+. also that place costs an arm and a leg to get in
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2008, 08:01 AM   #4
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gir View Post
not worth while IMO. last we went out there it was either a dirt road a civic could go on or something that needed 37s+. also that place costs an arm and a leg to get in
That sounds about the same as Long Ranch to me. I know they are constantly working on trails and encouraging people to make new ones... both at Long's and Boulder Creek.
Unread 06-06-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
DESERTDEACON
1992 YJ Wrangler 

yeah i see that i might just go to long but i dont know how my jeep will hold up there
Unread 06-06-2008, 11:22 AM   #6
AlTheKillerr

yeah Long doesnt have alot but its cheaper i dont know. ill give boulder another chance in a while once they get some more work done. maybe we just didnt find the right trails either there was one section that i was willing to do (35s and lockers required) but no one else would and no one wanted to spot me i wouldnt have minded the body damage
Unread 06-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #7
DESERTDEACON
1992 YJ Wrangler 

yeah i just have 33s with a 3" lift. i have taken it tho 3 and half feet of mud and had no problem and on so hard climb by my self i just dont have the stuff to get my self unstuck if i do roll it or cant get up something right now
Unread 06-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #8
kingvm
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ View Post
That sounds about the same as Long Ranch to me. I know they are constantly working on trails and encouraging people to make new ones... both at Long's and Boulder Creek.
It is like Long as far as the easy/hard ratio but the easy stuff is more interesting and the scenery is much better.
Unread 06-06-2008, 01:07 PM   #9
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTDEACON View Post
yeah i see that i might just go to long but i dont know how my jeep will hold up there
You can ride around on most of the trails and bypass the difficult stuff in a stock jeep at longs. You should be fine there.
Unread 06-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #10
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvm View Post
It is like Long as far as the easy/hard ratio but the easy stuff is more interesting and the scenery is much better.
That's cool. I still want to check it out... I'm mainly interested in the harder stuff since my jeep is a trailer queen and not my daily driver anyway.
Unread 06-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #11
AlTheKillerr

mine will be a trail queen here soon. a Yamaha Vino is in my future (110MPG)
Unread 06-08-2008, 09:27 AM   #12
DESERTDEACON
1992 YJ Wrangler 

ok well since no one is going to longs now i think ill just go try out boulder creek if anyone wants to go, im leaving austin in about 10 mins (hwy360) so ill see you there
Unread 06-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #13
moprr71
1997 TJ Wrangler 

so how was boulder creek? I went on the 7th and there was only 2 other vehicles on the ranch and they were near stock. I had a good time and the trails were nice but i didnt have a spotter to help. I would like to go with a group of people. next time lets see if we can get a group together
Unread 06-12-2008, 10:14 AM   #14
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

sorry i was not able to make the past trip out there. I will be up for a day trip out there very soon if anyone wants to set things up.

If anyone has some chainsaws I am up for cutting some trails too
tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2008, 10:22 AM   #15
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gir View Post
what places are much cheaper than Boulder Creek? Longs is 5 dollars cheaper but lacks in difficult trails. Boulder Creek seems to have alot to offer in terms of 37 and up, but it does need some moderate trails to be cut.

Overall I still think Trees Ranch has the best mix of trails but, because of diesel prices I will be heading to boulder creek alot more that Trees
tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.