JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Texas Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/)
-   -   boulder creek june 8 (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/boulder-creek-june-8-a-567130/)

DESERTDEACON 06-05-2008 12:48 PM

boulder creek june 8

anyone wanna go

J33Pyj 06-05-2008 01:04 PM

If it was close to houstone yes i would but cant afford gas to go that far and wheel :(

AlTheKillerr 06-05-2008 06:08 PM

not worth while IMO. last we went out there it was either a dirt road a civic could go on or something that needed 37s+. also that place costs an arm and a leg to get in :dunno:

SlinkyTJ 06-06-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gir (Post 5304382)
not worth while IMO. last we went out there it was either a dirt road a civic could go on or something that needed 37s+. also that place costs an arm and a leg to get in :dunno:

That sounds about the same as Long Ranch to me. I know they are constantly working on trails and encouraging people to make new ones... both at Long's and Boulder Creek.

DESERTDEACON 06-06-2008 09:55 AM

yeah i see that i might just go to long but i dont know how my jeep will hold up there

AlTheKillerr 06-06-2008 11:22 AM

yeah Long doesnt have alot but its cheaper :laugh: i dont know. ill give boulder another chance in a while once they get some more work done. maybe we just didnt find the right trails either :dunno: there was one section that i was willing to do (35s and lockers required) but no one else would and no one wanted to spot me :thumbdown: i wouldnt have minded the body damage :)

DESERTDEACON 06-06-2008 12:28 PM

yeah i just have 33s with a 3" lift. i have taken it tho 3 and half feet of mud and had no problem and on so hard climb by my self i just dont have the stuff to get my self unstuck if i do roll it or cant get up something right now

kingvm 06-06-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ (Post 5306449)
That sounds about the same as Long Ranch to me. I know they are constantly working on trails and encouraging people to make new ones... both at Long's and Boulder Creek.

It is like Long as far as the easy/hard ratio but the easy stuff is more interesting and the scenery is much better.

SlinkyTJ 06-06-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DESERTDEACON (Post 5306917)
yeah i see that i might just go to long but i dont know how my jeep will hold up there

You can ride around on most of the trails and bypass the difficult stuff in a stock jeep at longs. You should be fine there. :thumbsup:

SlinkyTJ 06-06-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingvm (Post 5307759)
It is like Long as far as the easy/hard ratio but the easy stuff is more interesting and the scenery is much better.

That's cool. I still want to check it out... I'm mainly interested in the harder stuff since my jeep is a trailer queen and not my daily driver anyway. :D

AlTheKillerr 06-06-2008 07:26 PM

mine will be a trail queen here soon. a Yamaha Vino is in my future (110MPG) :laugh:

DESERTDEACON 06-08-2008 09:27 AM

ok well since no one is going to longs now i think ill just go try out boulder creek if anyone wants to go, im leaving austin in about 10 mins (hwy360) so ill see you there

moprr71 06-11-2008 08:19 PM

so how was boulder creek? I went on the 7th and there was only 2 other vehicles on the ranch and they were near stock. I had a good time and the trails were nice but i didnt have a spotter to help. I would like to go with a group of people. next time lets see if we can get a group together

tube yj 06-12-2008 10:14 AM

sorry i was not able to make the past trip out there. I will be up for a day trip out there very soon if anyone wants to set things up.:thumbsup:

If anyone has some chainsaws I am up for cutting some trails too

tube yj 06-12-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gir (Post 5304382)

what places are much cheaper than Boulder Creek? Longs is 5 dollars cheaper but lacks in difficult trails. Boulder Creek seems to have alot to offer in terms of 37 and up, but it does need some moderate trails to be cut.

Overall I still think Trees Ranch has the best mix of trails but, because of diesel prices I will be heading to boulder creek alot more that Trees

The time now is 12:05 AM.