AX5 needed (or a shop to rebuild) in Austin/SM. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > AX5 needed (or a shop to rebuild) in Austin/SM.

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
jmmorgan82

AX5 needed (or a shop to rebuild) in Austin/SM.

Like the title says, I am looking for an AX5. Mine sounds like it is about to blow up, and I'd rather find one to buy and swap , rather than have my ride down a few days for repair/rebuild. If nobody has one they would part with, do you have any shop recommendations? Thanks!

Jimmy

jmmorgan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
mopar408
1974 CJ5 

87 Gear in San Antonio is #1.
Also a Jeep enthusiast.
Talk to the owner, Eric.
Unread 06-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
mattcofc
2000 WJ 

Jeep Masters on South Congress Avenue in Austin is a pretty good place. They have always been fair and upfront with me.
[http://jeepmasters.com/]
mattcofc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
Arkos
2012 JK Wrangler 

Eagle transmission in Pflugerville is a pretty good shop. The owner (when I went) was building a v8 TJ at the time I think. Not sure if he's still there. Prices were pretty good. everything they rebuilt (auto tranny in 96 xj) has held up just fine 4 years into it now.
Arkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
jmmorgan82

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I had found one in SA that I was supposed to pick up today, but the guy flaked out and never returned my calls or emails. I've decided that since this is my DD, I can't afford to have her down for very long. Therefore, I'm going to order a rebuilt tranny from Southwest Standard Transmissions. $700 shipped with a one year unlimited mileage warranty doesn't seem like too bad of a deal.
jmmorgan82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.