AUSTIN/RR/SAN MARCOS...meet up? - Page 127 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > AUSTIN/RR/SAN MARCOS...meet up?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 07-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #1891
JcArnold
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFanInTX View Post
I guess that's not a bad problem to have. I'm pumped to see it complete.
I think 37's will still get the job done and I wont have to worry as much about breaking stuff

37x12.50x17 Goodyear Wrangler MTRs
Pro-Comp 7031 17x9
Rock Krawler 5.5" X-Factor
Fox Racing Shocks
Synergy Front Cage Kit
Synergy Axle Tubes/C gussets
4.88 gears frt/rr
Replacement frt/rr driveshafts
Poison Spyder rockers
And a bunch of other little stuffs
JcArnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #1892
Winners97TJ
Go Big Or Go Home

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcArnold

I need a vacation really bad. granted working on the Jeep will be a vacation but I've got to put in that family time first. We were going to go out west and get in the mountains but after spending 9 months in them I've changed my mind.
Oh, I'm with ya on the vay-cay! I was saying that in relation to your "By August" estimate completion date! Do you already have parts on order!?

1997 Jeep TJ - Truly BUILT not BOUGHT! Purchased from original owner stock... obviously THAT didn't last long!

| WJ Seat Swap into a TJ WITH FORWARD TILT!!

Winners97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 02:38 AM   #1893
JcArnold
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winners97TJ View Post
Oh, I'm with ya on the vay-cay! I was saying that in relation to your "By August" estimate completion date! Do you already have parts on order!?
Ive already got a stack of parts in the garage waiting and I will be ordering everything else just before I leave Manas so it should all be sitting at the house before I leave for my vacation. I will be back from the beach on the 21st of august and I will start disassembling the Jeep that afternoon. I feel pretty confident that it will be on the road by the 31st. Maybe sooner if " people " decide they want to help out. Im gonna need a camera man for the build thread. The longest portions of the build will be installing the bulletproofing on the front axle and the front cage install. Ive got an Artec full width front truss, axle sleeves and gussets to install. It should take about a day to do the front axle and the lift once I get done with the cage stuff.

Pro-Comp 7031 17x9
Fox Racing Shocks
Synergy Front Cage Kit
4.88 gears frt/rr
Poison Spyder rockers
Unread 07-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #1894
Winners97TJ
Go Big Or Go Home

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Ive already got a stack of parts in the garage waiting and I will be ordering everything else just before I leave Manas so it should all be sitting at the house before I leave for my vacation. I will be back from the beach on the 21st of august and I will start disassembling the Jeep that afternoon. I feel pretty confident that it will be on the road by the 31st. Maybe sooner if " people " decide they want to help out. Im gonna need a camera man for the build thread. The longest portions of the build will be installing the bulletproofing on the front axle and the front cage install. Ive got an Artec full width front truss, axle sleeves and gussets to install. It should take about a day to do the front axle and the lift once I get done with the cage stuff.
holy gaJeeperz, Batman! That's awesome. I got a Nikon camera that I can get some pretty HQ pics of the build if needed. Are you wanting to do video as well?! I'd be happy to lend a hand if time/the boss permits.

1997 Jeep TJ - Truly BUILT not BOUGHT! Purchased from original owner stock... obviously THAT didn't last long!

Unread 07-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #1895
JcArnold
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
holy gaJeeperz, Batman! That's awesome. I got a Nikon camera that I can get some pretty HQ pics of the build if needed. Are you wanting to do video as well?! I'd be happy to lend a hand if time/the boss permits.
No video, I don't see the point. Its not going to be a documentary. I'm just going to put up a build thread with some photos as it goes together. I'm going to be off for about 45 days when I get back so I will pretty much be working on it everyday until its done. I'm dreading the new gear break in period.

Pro-Comp 7031 17x9
Fox Racing Shocks
Synergy Front Cage Kit
4.88 gears frt/rr
Poison Spyder rockers
Unread 07-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #1896
StanF
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanF
Who's in for the Sunday run to Hidden Falls? I think BamaFaninTX (Jason) is a definite yes. BigT2317? wicked_wench? Others?

We'll meet at Camp B at 10am. For those with CBs - let's use Ch 4. See you all out there.
It sounds like we'll have at least 6 out there - BigT2317, Jason, me, Tonya, Mike + 2 of his friends. Anyone else is welcome to join us out there too.
Unread 07-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #1897
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

From the trails in San Angelo today

About 75% of the trails looked like this. A lot of water and mud to splash through :P I'm not a huge fan if mud cause it cakes the engine compartment and that isn't necessarily the easiest thing to clean nor is it the best thing for the rotating parts...I'm more of a "I can't climb that? Bullsh*t, watch me do it" kind of guy haha
Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #1898
StanF
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Good times yesterday at Hidden Falls:

The poor FJ driver scraped his passenger door on the rock a few seconds after this picture was taken:

All my pictures are here:
http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/St...ls%207-21-2013
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #1899
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Dude you got some sick pics!
Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #1900
Winners97TJ
Go Big Or Go Home

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny-g
dude you got some sick pics!
x2!!

Unread 07-25-2013, 05:19 AM   #1901
JcArnold
1990 YJ Wrangler 

My journey out of this ***** hole has begun. I will be stateside in 6 days.

Pro-Comp 7031 17x9
Fox Racing Shocks
Synergy Front Cage Kit
4.88 gears frt/rr
Poison Spyder rockers
Unread 07-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #1902
Winners97TJ
Go Big Or Go Home

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My journey out of this ***** hole has begun. I will be stateside in 6 days.
Glad to hear it! Have a safe trip back.

Unread 07-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #1903
Winners97TJ
Go Big Or Go Home

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well, if anyone is interested in the progress of my "bouncing idle issue" I got it fixed! I ordered a refurbished PCM this week and got it installed today. After the install..... EVERYTHING is working as it should!! I can get this beast back on the road and trails again.

Unread 07-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #1904
BamaFanInTX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, if anyone is interested in the progress of my "bouncing idle issue" I got it fixed! I ordered a refurbished PCM this week and got it installed today. After the install..... EVERYTHING is working as it should!! I can get this beast back on the road and trails again.
Good news. That saves me a headache if mine continues down the same road yours did. Thanks for following up.
BamaFanInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #1905
StanF
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Last weekend, I picked up a Ford 8.8 at a local wrecking yard. It should be a bulletproof upgrade for my rig, and guarantee that I won't have rear axle issues on the trail (my main goal!). First thing on my list is to get the tubes welded to the pumpkin. It sounds somewhat difficult because of the cast pumpkin, so I'm looking for a local shop or person with good experience. Any recommendations?

As a side note, it was hard to find an 8.8 with 4.10 gears to match my front. There was only one in the entire lot, and it has LSD. Eventually, I'll drop in a Detroit locker, but I hope to run it as is for a while (Just Empty Every Pocket!). 3.73s were very common at the yard.

I'll also gain a little more ground clearance with the install - I'm going to use a U-bolt flip kit and rotate the shocks mount flush with the tube. Little tweaks, but it may help me on an obstacle at some point.

Thanks, Stan

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.