AUSTIN/RR/SAN MARCOS...meet up? - Page 125 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > AUSTIN/RR/SAN MARCOS...meet up?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 07-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #1861
AlTheKillerr

meet up this friday?

AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #1862
Tommy R
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Not going to be able to make it this weekend. I have a big RC race in Hutto that I'll be at.

And the following weekend I'll be New Orleans for the Running of the Bulls.
Unread 07-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #1863
AlTheKillerr

friday the 12th im gonna be up at Hardtails Bar and Grill with my jeep if anyone wants to meet up.
Unread 07-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #1864
raybobl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Have test in austin Friday Morn. Lookin for somethin to do after.... Hardtails? sounds good...
raybobl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #1865
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm gonna be down from Friday night until next Thursday! We should do a get together one day Sat through Weds I'll run whichever day we decide by the Fiancée and see if she doesn't have something planned!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #1866
raybobl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Im lookin for somethin to do saturday....
raybobl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #1867
Winners97TJ
Go Big Or Go Home

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm looking for a solution to my idle problem....

Not IAC.
Not TPS.
Newer O2 sensors...

Any suggestions??

1997 Jeep TJ - Truly BUILT not BOUGHT! Purchased from original owner stock... obviously THAT didn't last long!

| WJ Seat Swap into a TJ WITH FORWARD TILT!!

Winners97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #1868
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

The Fiancee has me all day Saturday but I'm hoping to get together with some buds on Sunday. Dunno the plans yet.
Unread 07-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #1869
AlTheKillerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winners97TJ View Post

Not IAC.
Not TPS.
Newer O2 sensors...

Any suggestions??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dIAwJ0yHlc
thats really weird. I doubt this will be the issue but when I had a high idle issue, it turned out to be the cruise control cable getting hung up and holding the throttle body open a bit. not wide open or anything and it didnt bounce like that it may be something to check if you have cruise. Have you cleaned the throttle body lately?
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #1870
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

So on Sunday, us south Austin/Buda/Kyle/San Marcos folk are going to Texican Cafe; 11940 Manchaca Rd. Austin, TX 78748. We're meeting there at 12:30 or so. Our group is notorious for running a few minutes late haha anyone is welcome to meet us there
Unread 07-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #1871
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny-g
So on Sunday, us south Austin/Buda/Kyle/San Marcos folk are going to Texican Cafe; 11940 Manchaca Rd. Austin, TX 78748. We're meeting there at 12:30 or so. Our group is notorious for running a few minutes late haha anyone is welcome to meet us there
We believe no rules!!!

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #1872
StanF
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Kenny, I won't be able to make lunch on Sunday, but still hope to see your new ride one of these days.

Advance notice - we're getting another group together to hit Hidden Falls on Sunday, July 21st, if anyone wants to join in. There should be at least 3 TJs and a YJ.

Unread 07-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #1873
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Dang that sucks Stan. One day I'll go on one of those HFs trips I swear haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 07-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #1874
BamaFanInTX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winners97TJ View Post

Not IAC.
Not TPS.
Newer O2 sensors...

Any suggestions??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dIAwJ0yHlc
Stop stepping on/off the gas and it will quit doing that.

I have some issues with mine when its cold outside the throttle sticks when i shift gears and stays up around 2500 when i shift. It stops doing it after the engine warms up. I have never been able to figure it out.

Seems like you have a sensor or electrical issue causing yours to do that. Does it stop at some point or is that all it will do? What happens if you rev the engine?
BamaFanInTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #1875
Winners97TJ
Go Big Or Go Home

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFanInTX

Stop stepping on/off the gas and it will quit doing that.

I have some issues with mine when its cold outside the throttle sticks when i shift gears and stays up around 2500 when i shift. It stops doing it after the engine warms up. I have never been able to figure it out.

Seems like you have a sensor or electrical issue causing yours to do that. Does it stop at some point or is that all it will do? What happens if you rev the engine?
That's the crazy thing. You may be on the same road I'm on then. That's how mine started off. It drove great but occasionally would stall if I pushed in the clutch. And others, idle at 3-400 rpm. But it was idling smoothly. Other times, idling at 12-1500. But once the battery died, this came up. I'm going to run a can of B12 Chem-tool through the tank (about 1/4 tank left) so it should be pretty potent. I cleaned the throttle body about a year or 2 ago and when I changed out the IAC everything looked pretty clean still. If I burp the throttle it smooths out but once it drops back down to idle speed, it starts bouncing again......
And don't try driving it. You can be cruising and it will start to surge and feels like the rear end is about to fall out from underneath the thing!

1997 Jeep TJ - Truly BUILT not BOUGHT! Purchased from original owner stock... obviously THAT didn't last long!

| WJ Seat Swap into a TJ WITH FORWARD TILT!!

Winners97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.