AUSTIN/RR/SAN MARCOS...meet up? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > AUSTIN/RR/SAN MARCOS...meet up?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
girljeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

AUSTIN/RR/SAN MARCOS...meet up?

New to JF...first Jeep owner. I am in the Austin area for the next couple of months...Is anyone interested in wrenching party/drive up/meet up to discuss all things Jeep over some cold beverages? I need to learn anything I can about Jeeps!!! I have lots of ideas in my mind...I caught the bug.

Let me know..I am willing to drive a bit on the weekends...nothing better to do yet Staying in a hotel in Round Rock. Also, if anyone in the area is working on their Jeep and don't mind me hanging around to help/watch/learn, I would be very greatful!

Unread 04-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
TexasYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like your boy will be hunting for his own Jeep!
TexasYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
girljeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ha...I was just talking to my co-worker about that...i have almost decided to keep this one "stock" for my son and buy one to modify for myself...
He (being a Jeep owner also) very enthusiastically encouraged this idea!!
Unread 04-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
FlyinHawaiian
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Id be interested in a get together, although i have to trailer mine
Unread 04-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #5
DerGeist
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm interested in meeting up sometime...It seems most of the more local (to me) Jeepers are busy with school or the like, so nothing I know of happens in the way of meets and such. You'd really think it wouldn't be that hard to get people out for a beer/some food and a little Jeep-speak...lol

I'm willing to drive a wee bit to make a meet out closer to your area (I'm in College Station, roughly 90 minutes away), and will be swapping my engine out and doing other bits rather soon, in the event that qualifies as something you'd like to watch/help on. I, also, need to hit a few salvage yards around Austin soon-ish for Jeep and other parts, so maybe we can do beer/food while I'm out there for that, as well. Any other ideas from anyone?

I'll update in this thread or send the OP a PM once I have some idea on timing for my engine thing and/or when I know I'll be around Austin. Just drop me a PM via the forum if I don't catch a reply here quickly enough sometime!
DerGeist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
TexasYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I would also try make a trip, I am about the same distance as DerGeist and have a buddy with a JK I could probably wrangle, pun intended, along.....since my heep needs the entire steering re-worked. Have the parts just need to log some time in my buddies garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGeist View Post
I, also, need to hit a few salvage yards around Austin soon-ish for Jeep and other parts, so maybe we can do beer/food while I'm out there for that, as well.
I would also be up for a tool around some salvage yards in A-town. Always looking for a good deal on moderately used parts!
Unread 04-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #7
girljeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Lets do it...I need to go to the J-yard also..I need a new seat and some other junk....WHEN?? I am available next weekend...I will check out some junk during the week next week and scope out some prospects...
Unread 04-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #8
girljeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian View Post
Id be interested in a get together, although i have to trailer mine
Where you coming from??
Unread 04-14-2011, 06:14 PM   #9
girljeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGeist View Post
You'd really think it wouldn't be that hard to get people out for a beer/some food and a little Jeep speak so maybe we can do beer/food
Yuuumm....Beer!!
Unread 04-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #10
TexasYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

So far, I plan to be working on the Heep next weekend. However, I would still be willing to make the jaunt especially to hit up a pick and pull. Need to find some Cavalier seats for a seat mod.
Unread 04-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #11
FlyinHawaiian
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by girljeeper View Post
Where you coming from??
San Antonio
Unread 04-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #12
TexasYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian View Post
San Antonio
What part of SA are you in?
Unread 04-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #13
FlyinHawaiian
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasYJ View Post
What part of SA are you in?
281 and evans rd
Unread 04-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #14
Keith
Admin

I'd be game as well. San Marcos might be Central if we got SA and Austin folks. I have a parking lot that could accommodate 12-13 with a decent Mexican food restaurant directly next door.

Glock Forum
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #15
girljeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I'd be game as well. San Marcos might be Central if we got SA and Austin folks. I have a parking lot that could accommodate 12-13 with a decent Mexican food restaurant directly next door.

Thanks Keith, that sounds like a good plan..I am getting the Rampage frameless top soon and would love to have help with it, from what I read on the forums, it can be rather difficult to maneuver the first time.

have you tried this place for CJ parts?

www.austinjeeps.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.