JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Texas Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/)
-   -   AUSTIN/RR/SAN MARCOS...meet up? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/austin-rr-san-marcos-meet-up-1195920/)

girljeeper 04-13-2011 02:52 PM

AUSTIN/RR/SAN MARCOS...meet up?

New to JF...first Jeep owner. I am in the Austin area for the next couple of months...Is anyone interested in wrenching party/drive up/meet up to discuss all things Jeep over some cold beverages? I need to learn anything I can about Jeeps!!! I have lots of ideas in my mind...I caught the bug.

Let me know..I am willing to drive a bit on the weekends...nothing better to do yet :D Staying in a hotel in Round Rock. Also, if anyone in the area is working on their Jeep and don't mind me hanging around to help/watch/learn, I would be very greatful!

TexasYJ 04-13-2011 03:29 PM

Looks like your boy will be hunting for his own Jeep! :shhh:

girljeeper 04-13-2011 03:51 PM

Ha...I was just talking to my co-worker about that...i have almost decided to keep this one "stock" for my son and buy one to modify for myself...
He (being a Jeep owner also) very enthusiastically encouraged this idea!! :D

FlyinHawaiian 04-13-2011 05:44 PM

Id be interested in a get together, although i have to trailer mine

DerGeist 04-14-2011 04:03 PM

I'm interested in meeting up sometime...It seems most of the more local (to me) Jeepers are busy with school or the like, so nothing I know of happens in the way of meets and such. You'd really think it wouldn't be that hard to get people out for a beer/some food and a little Jeep-speak...lol

I'm willing to drive a wee bit to make a meet out closer to your area (I'm in College Station, roughly 90 minutes away), and will be swapping my engine out and doing other bits rather soon, in the event that qualifies as something you'd like to watch/help on. I, also, need to hit a few salvage yards around Austin soon-ish for Jeep and other parts, so maybe we can do beer/food while I'm out there for that, as well. Any other ideas from anyone?

I'll update in this thread or send the OP a PM once I have some idea on timing for my engine thing and/or when I know I'll be around Austin. Just drop me a PM via the forum if I don't catch a reply here quickly enough sometime! :)

TexasYJ 04-14-2011 05:12 PM

I would also try make a trip, I am about the same distance as DerGeist and have a buddy with a JK I could probably wrangle, pun intended, along.....since my heep needs the entire steering re-worked. Have the parts just need to log some time in my buddies garage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerGeist (Post 11368393)
I, also, need to hit a few salvage yards around Austin soon-ish for Jeep and other parts, so maybe we can do beer/food while I'm out there for that, as well.

I would also be up for a tool around some salvage yards in A-town. Always looking for a good deal on moderately used parts! :thumbsup:

girljeeper 04-14-2011 06:05 PM

Lets do it...I need to go to the J-yard also..I need a new seat and some other junk....WHEN?? I am available next weekend...I will check out some junk during the week next week and scope out some prospects...

girljeeper 04-14-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian (Post 11362396)
Id be interested in a get together, although i have to trailer mine

Where you coming from??

girljeeper 04-14-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerGeist (Post 11368393)
You'd really think it wouldn't be that hard to get people out for a beer/some food and a little Jeep speak so maybe we can do beer/food

Yuuumm....Beer!!:cheers2:

TexasYJ 04-14-2011 06:44 PM

So far, I plan to be working on the Heep next weekend. However, I would still be willing to make the jaunt especially to hit up a pick and pull. Need to find some Cavalier seats for a seat mod.

FlyinHawaiian 04-15-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girljeeper (Post 11369034)
Where you coming from??

San Antonio

TexasYJ 04-15-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian (Post 11372697)
San Antonio

What part of SA are you in?

FlyinHawaiian 04-17-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasYJ (Post 11373113)
What part of SA are you in?

281 and evans rd

Keith 04-18-2011 01:02 PM

I'd be game as well. San Marcos might be Central if we got SA and Austin folks. I have a parking lot that could accommodate 12-13 with a decent Mexican food restaurant directly next door.

girljeeper 04-19-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 11388641)
I'd be game as well. San Marcos might be Central if we got SA and Austin folks. I have a parking lot that could accommodate 12-13 with a decent Mexican food restaurant directly next door.

Thanks Keith, that sounds like a good plan..I am getting the Rampage frameless top soon and would love to have help with it, from what I read on the forums, it can be rather difficult to maneuver the first time.

have you tried this place for CJ parts?

www.austinjeeps.com/

The time now is 06:12 AM.