Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

AUSTIN/RR/SAN MARCOS...meet up?

123K views 2K replies 80 participants last post by  Tommy R 
#1 ·
New to JF...first Jeep owner. I am in the Austin area for the next couple of months...Is anyone interested in wrenching party/drive up/meet up to discuss all things Jeep over some cold beverages? I need to learn anything I can about Jeeps!!! I have lots of ideas in my mind...I caught the bug.

Let me know..I am willing to drive a bit on the weekends...nothing better to do yet :D Staying in a hotel in Round Rock. Also, if anyone in the area is working on their Jeep and don't mind me hanging around to help/watch/learn, I would be very greatful!

#3 ·
Ha...I was just talking to my co-worker about that...i have almost decided to keep this one "stock" for my son and buy one to modify for myself...
He (being a Jeep owner also) very enthusiastically encouraged this idea!! :D

#5 ·
I'm interested in meeting up sometime...It seems most of the more local (to me) Jeepers are busy with school or the like, so nothing I know of happens in the way of meets and such. You'd really think it wouldn't be that hard to get people out for a beer/some food and a little Jeep-speak...lol

I'm willing to drive a wee bit to make a meet out closer to your area (I'm in College Station, roughly 90 minutes away), and will be swapping my engine out and doing other bits rather soon, in the event that qualifies as something you'd like to watch/help on. I, also, need to hit a few salvage yards around Austin soon-ish for Jeep and other parts, so maybe we can do beer/food while I'm out there for that, as well. Any other ideas from anyone?

I'll update in this thread or send the OP a PM once I have some idea on timing for my engine thing and/or when I know I'll be around Austin. Just drop me a PM via the forum if I don't catch a reply here quickly enough sometime! :)

#6 ·
I would also try make a trip, I am about the same distance as DerGeist and have a buddy with a JK I could probably wrangle, pun intended, along.....since my heep needs the entire steering re-worked. Have the parts just need to log some time in my buddies garage.

I, also, need to hit a few salvage yards around Austin soon-ish for Jeep and other parts, so maybe we can do beer/food while I'm out there for that, as well.
I would also be up for a tool around some salvage yards in A-town. Always looking for a good deal on moderately used parts! :thumbsup:

#7 ·
Lets do it...I need to go to the J-yard also..I need a new seat and some other junk....WHEN?? I am available next weekend...I will check out some junk during the week next week and scope out some prospects...

#15 ·
Thanks Keith, that sounds like a good plan..I am getting the Rampage frameless top soon and would love to have help with it, from what I read on the forums, it can be rather difficult to maneuver the first time.

have you tried this place for CJ parts?

www.austinjeeps.com/

#19 ·
YES, let's move it!! The more the merrier.

Has a time and/or date been established? The wife mod was inquiring, she is pretty stoked to look at some other Jeeps and visit with other Jeep people. And yes she is aware I refer to her as the wife mod!

Keith, can we meet up in San Marcos on Saturday 30th or Sun. May 1st at your lot/restaurant?

#22 ·
Much as I would love to do something either this weekend or the one on the 30th-1st, it's not looking like I'll have my YJ rolling under her own power by then (am in the middle of my engine swap right now)...Argh, to say the least...lol Unless I get more done on her this coming week than I think will happen, it looks like SAT/SUN (07 or 08 MAY) will be the earliest I can make a meet out that way. Round Rock, Austin, San Marcos would all be fine with me, though.

I'll keep updating and checking here! :)

#24 ·
No worries...:) It seems this coordination will take alot more than myself to get it done!!

I am willing to meet up this weekend, anywhere in between these points...I got my new Rampage Frameless and need to install.

I won't be available 7/8...it's Mother's Day Weekend for me and I will be traveling to the RGV to hang with my boys....

#27 ·
I will be at Plucker's in San Marcos on Saturday at 1pm......If anybody shows up, we can move on from there. If nobody shows, then I will be forced to go to the outlets and shop :D

PM me, or IM: usbpgirl@yahoo

105 N IH 35
San Marcos, TX 78666
phone: 512-754-WING

#31 ·
girljeeper said:
I will be at Plucker's in San Marcos on Saturday at 1pm......If anybody shows up, we can move on from there. If nobody shows, then I will be forced to go to the outlets and shop :D

PM me, or IM: usbpgirl@yahoo

105 N IH 35
San Marcos, TX 78666
phone: 512-754-WING
I'll see what I can do. I may be in my shop all day workin on my duramax

#35 ·
Having people over this weekend, can't do. weekend of the the 14th I plan on hitting National Topless day on the coast outside of houston. there is a thread on it somewhere I will try and post. If anyone else is wanting to go, last I read there were like 194 RSVP's, we could get a Central Texas convoy heading down there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.