Austin Jeeper Needs to Learn to Work a Jeep!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Austin Jeeper Needs to Learn to Work a Jeep!!

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Groover
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Austin Jeeper Needs to Learn to Work a Jeep!!

Hey, all-
I'm located in Austin, TX. 8 months with her and I couldn't be happier!

I'm a female who just moved here to go to grad school. I'm pretty passionate about vehicles-- but I'm not so good at working on them.

Will trade home-cooked meals!

PM if interested

Groover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
bigt2317
Mall Crawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well first off welcome to the jeep world!

This is the right place to learn all you would ever want to know about jeeps so I'm sure you'll have no problems with filling your brain up.

Are you wanting to learn something particularly or just how to wheel it with finesse? There are write ups on here for almost every job that has been done on a jeep from spark plugs to brakes to complete motor rebuilds. If you're up for wheeling the jeep then keep an eye on this area of the forum and we usually post up a time when we plan on getting together. Doesn't matter if your 100% stock or sitting on prorock 60's, 42" tires and have a Hemi, we all have fun and can find fun trails for you

Build thread
Flickr pictures
Crawler Hauler build FOR SALE
bigt2317 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have meet ups every so often at Opal Devines "marina" location off mopac, you are more then welcome to join in our rowdy bunch.

what exactly are you trying to learn??

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
Groover
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks to everyone for the welcome! I'm new and I'm trying to meet people in the area. Will keep a lookout- I used to drive a lot on my farm but nothing like TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have meet ups every so often at Opal Devines "marina" location off mopac, you are more then welcome to join in our rowdy bunch.

what exactly are you trying to learn??
Thanks!

I'm not entirely sure. I did some upgrades on the car myself, I'm working on reupholstering my seats myself and I did some radio work. I just want to know more like changing oil, doing tune-ups, etc. I know there's some one out there who loves to teach that stuff!
Unread 09-26-2012, 05:18 AM   #5
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the "gang" and stay tuned to this forum.. from time to time folks will be posting about work they are about to do. I'm sure they would not mind someone coming by to help as well!
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
bigt2317
Mall Crawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

As bhoch said, people do usually post up here when doing upgrades and what not to their jeep asking to help here and there. This would be a great time to swing by their area and lend a hand and learn a bit in the process. Also keep a lookout on here for wheeling days where people get together and go to some trails, taggin along is a good way to get to know people.

With that said, myself as well as plenty of others on here are willing to lend a hand when needed, if schedule works out. When you want to work on your jeep just post up a week or so in advance to get some interest.

Build thread
Flickr pictures
Unread 09-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #7
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groover View Post
Thanks to everyone for the welcome! I'm new and I'm trying to meet people in the area. Will keep a lookout- I used to drive a lot on my farm but nothing like TX.

Thanks!

I'm not entirely sure. I did some upgrades on the car myself, I'm working on reupholstering my seats myself and I did some radio work. I just want to know more like changing oil, doing tune-ups, etc. I know there's some one out there who loves to teach that stuff!
your quite welcome. and yes you did come to the right place to learn or to find people to teach ya, what part of austin are you located in?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Unread 09-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #8
Groover
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in Hyde Park/North campus area.

Any idea about the next meetup? I was planning on going to the Exclusive's one but I've read otherwise on here.
Unread 09-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #9
bigt2317
Mall Crawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Any idea about the next meetup? I was planning on going to the Exclusive's one but I've read otherwise on here.
There are usually meet ups on Fridays to grab a bite to eat and some beer at Opals. I have yet to go to one but need to!!

I have a few friends that are member of AJE and they like it, I've never been to one of their events so I can't comment of their rules and what not.

Build thread
Flickr pictures
Unread 09-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #10
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

AJE has monthly dues and a membership fee, if your into that then okay. VERY rule oreninated

the rest of us are more for a good time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt2317 View Post
There are usually meet ups on Fridays to grab a bite to eat and some beer at Opals. I have yet to go to one but need to!!

I have a few friends that are member of AJE and they like it, I've never been to one of their events so I can't comment of their rules and what not.
I think I see TWO people in this thread that need to meet up at opals.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Unread 09-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #11
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

check here and or subcribe to find out about updates on when we all meet up

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/...0/index89.html

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Unread 09-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #12
AlTheKillerr

Shoot me a PM (can't find the option from my phone to send you one) and I can help you out. I've got a lift, tools and some know how. If I don't know it, someone else in the shop will.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Hope you can make it out to some of our meet ups and trail rides.
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #13
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlTheKillerr View Post
Shoot me a PM (can't find the option from my phone to send you one) and I can help you out. I've got a lift, tools and some know how. If I don't know it, someone else in the shop will.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Hope you can make it out to some of our meet ups and trail rides.
colton I HOPE you can make it to some of the meet ups and trail rides.

maybe if that paint job gets finished?!?!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Unread 09-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #14
AlTheKillerr

Haha well the woman ended up needed a lower control arm replaced on her compass and she wrecked one of her brand new tires so we now need three instead of just two. Won't be able to afford wheelin for a while. I'll probably force the top back on it and just store it from now till late spring. :/
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #15
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlTheKillerr View Post
Haha well the woman ended up needed a lower control arm replaced on her compass and she wrecked one of her brand new tires so we now need three instead of just two. Won't be able to afford wheelin for a while. I'll probably force the top back on it and just store it from now till late spring. :/
sad face. its okay I still need a new transfer case.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.