Austin area - Hidden Falls Adventure Park? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Austin area - Hidden Falls Adventure Park?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 06-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
M1Garand
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Lightbulb Austin area - Hidden Falls Adventure Park?

Howdy everyone, just getting a feeler for getting a group of people together that would like to go rock crawling at Hidden Falls off 1431 right before Marble Falls. I've been out there a few times now (only 4) and would like to hit the trails out there some more. I've only got a 2012 2dr Rubicon with a Mopar/Jeep electronic sway bar skid plate, Mopar/Jeep Dana 44 sliders, Mopar/Jeep tail light covers, VDP stub caps, 1 3/4" daystar spacers front/rear, 1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers and 285/70/17 BFG KM2s.... but I can make it through a lot of the trails out there. I also have taken my 2000 Wrangler on a 2" lift, 33x12.5r15 Procomp Xterrains and XRC bumpers with factory 2.5l, 5-speed and Dana 30/35 axles out there, and made it through Midnight Run (level 4 at the time last year, now its rated at a 5 from washing out more) and Bronco Buster (level 4 as well) without any issue except kissing my rear bumper on the 2000 once. I've taken the Rubicon through several 3's out there and down one 4 (might have been part of a 5, we went down it though not up since we couldn't make it that way).

That said, pretty much anyone with a factory JK with bigger tires (not even needing a budget boost) you will make it through level 3 and some 4 trails no problem.... lockers not needed like the park claims, and you wont break anything as long as you know how to wheel.

I was hoping to get a group of people that would like to go hit some trails for a few hours sometime coming up. They even have camp sights out there so maybe we can even get some camp out thing going, its cool spending the night out there because you can go driving around/wheeling until midnight (so make sure you have your KC's wired up!).

Let me know what you guys might be interested in doing, there's quite a few miles of easy trails to crawl and the terrain is pretty awesome looking as well. Its a 3000 acre park, and its only $20 a vehicle for a day pass and then a small fee for any extra passengers. I think a camp sight is around $20 as well. To top it off, if for some reason you decided rock crawling the Wrangler wasn't fun enough you can rent ATV and dirt bikes for not TOO expensive ($90 for two hours) and have many miles of trails to ride on that are ATV/dirt bike only.

-Kyle

M1Garand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 05:11 AM   #2
StanF
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You should probably let this thread die, and track these two threads, as that is where we've been scheduling runs to HF. We just went a couple of weeks ago. A few of us are planning to go out there again in the 2nd half of July - probably Sunday July 21st. It will be hot...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/...et-up-1195920/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/...falls-1292072/

As far as camping goes, maybe in the fall after it cools off a bit. There are also Jeep Happy Hours once a month or so that are good social events (track the thread above for the HH info)
Unread 06-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
Eric90xj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm gonna head out there tomorrow. Would love to hook up with some folks. Shoot me a PM with a phone number if ya don't mind!
Eric90xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
M1Garand
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah sorry I didn't check this thread until just now Eric, I was out there in my Rubicon with my wife and 3yr old son from around 1-5pm today hitting some level 3 and 4 trails. It was the first time I've taken my son to any off-road park and he wasn't too sure about the first hill we hit though (The first climb on the Level 2 trail Rocky which is washed out and now upgraded to a 3) but after that he had a blast.

I'll check out that other thread and post up in there as well. Are there any other good parks around here? I'm getting pretty close to have been over the entire park at Hidden Falls and would like to wheel in some other places as long as its not very far away.

Kyle
M1Garand is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.