anyone in Lubbock area? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > anyone in Lubbock area?

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #46
RikatyJeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys,

Just moved to Lubbock about 6 months ago, Im looking for some people to go wheelin with and wrench with when needed. PM me and I'll send you my number, I've been out to Buffalo Springs lake but I didn't know there were any trails out there for Jeeps. I'd love to go do some light to moderate wheeling. I'd love to get to know some people locally from the forum.

Dylan

RikatyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #47
Firedog13
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You have probably already read about the local 4x4 club called 4x4 and more of Lubbock. Website is fwdnut.com. There is a link to a different forum there too. We try to schedule runs out to some land in Post once or twice a month during the warmer season. It's off limits for us in the Fall/Winter because of hunting season though. During those months we gather a few times and go to Buffalo. It's cheap to get in, and really close. There are actually some decent trails out there. But don't let it fool you, it can get technical real quick (ask me how I know!). We try to post what is going on in the fwdnut forum. Wrenching days are welcomed as well.

Welcome to Lubbock!
Unread 01-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #48
RikatyJeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedog13 View Post
You have probably already read about the local 4x4 club called 4x4 and more of Lubbock. Website is fwdnut.com. There is a link to a different forum there too. We try to schedule runs out to some land in Post once or twice a month during the warmer season. It's off limits for us in the Fall/Winter because of hunting season though. During those months we gather a few times and go to Buffalo. It's cheap to get in, and really close. There are actually some decent trails out there. But don't let it fool you, it can get technical real quick (ask me how I know!). We try to post what is going on in the fwdnut forum. Wrenching days are welcomed as well.

Welcome to Lubbock!
Registered on the Forum today. I'm not looking for any trails to extreme right now, just some mild ones to learn on. Do I dare ask how you know the trails get technical quick? lol
Unread 01-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #49
Firedog13
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sometimes when people travel the trail before you do, they get hung up at the top, and in trying to achieve forward momentum again, they chew up the soil with their tires and make it very soft for the next person. Sometimes the result for the next guy is less than desirable.

But not to worry: We always offroad together and are more than willing to lend the necessary helping hands when needed.

The trails at Buffalo and Post are shorter trails and there are usually bypass routes around the more difficult routes. And there is no shame in using the bypass routes. I've used them more than once. Better to know your Jeep's limits and play it safe than to know it won't make it and try it anyway.
Unread 01-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #50
bigandrich44
1998 TJ Wrangler 

^^^^^^ hey man, are you the one with the red tj on 33s? This is grant, I had the black tj on 35s that was topless that day lol.
bigandrich44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #51
RikatyJeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
But not to worry: We always offroad together and are more than willing to lend the necessary helping hands when needed.

The trails at Buffalo and Post are shorter trails and there are usually bypass routes around the more difficult routes. And there is no shame in using the bypass routes. I've used them more than once. Better to know your Jeep's limits and play it safe than to know it won't make it and try it anyway.
Ive heard of that happening on different occasions. My Jeep is more capable than me lol
Unread 01-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #52
Firedog13
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandrich44 View Post
^^^^^^ hey man, are you the one with the red tj on 33s? This is grant, I had the black tj on 35s that was topless that day lol.
That's me!

Looks like the first offroading trip for Post this year is scheduled for January 20th.

Last edited by Firedog13; 01-04-2011 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: added wheeling trip
Firedog13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #53
RikatyJeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe this isnt the place to ask this but, I figured you guys would know better than most. Where is a good salvage yard for Jeeps in Lubbock? I called a few and they said they didn't have any Wranglers in their yard. I'm in need of some parking brake parts that the auto parts stores don't carry, and really don't want to go to the dealer.
Unread 01-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #54
bigandrich44
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I havent found ANY wranglers in any of the salvage yards. YMMV, i'd try Davey's Jeeps or the like
Unread 01-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #55
RikatyJeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys. I need to replace my power steering box in my TJ this weekend, and am in need of some experienced help. I know its fairly short notice, but the steering is getting dangerously loose. I am a college student and South plains college, and all my tools are at school so I have nothing. If anyone would be available with tools please PM me, I can pay cash, beer, or whatever else.

I already have the box, and have been soaking the pitman arm for the past week with PB. I can get the Socket for the pitman arm nut if needed.
Unread 01-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #56
bigandrich44
1998 TJ Wrangler 

^^^^ Get on fwdnut.com and go to the forums and see if patrick or brian will help you out... patrick helps me out on alot of my stuff. pretty good guy.
Unread 11-28-2011, 06:38 AM   #57
RikatyJeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Morning all, My TJ's been down for about 6 or 7 months now with an issue with the transmission. Dos anyone around here know enough about them to work on them, or know of someone thats honest I can take it too? I don't trust dealerships much.

Basically i was driving to the Dr one day and I crossed railroad tracks, and heard a loud CLUNK, I pulled over and everything underneath looked fine, but the shift pattern was shifted over about 2 or 3 inches (I have to push all the way over to the left and move the console to get it in first) 5th gear is where 3rd usually is. It may be something simple, Im not sure. I can pay cash to whoever does it. If you know anyone please PM me and Ill respond thanks.

Dylan
Unread 11-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #58
Firedog13
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I've got a tranny that had a similar issue. It happened when I went from a 3" BL to a 1.25" BL. We just bent the shifter over to the right and now it clears the console. The loud "clunk" you heard sounds concerning though. I'm assuming you looked at the bolt holes in the middle of the skid plate to make sure everything is aligned?
Unread 11-29-2011, 06:48 AM   #59
RikatyJeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've got a tranny that had a similar issue. It happened when I went from a 3" BL to a 1.25" BL. We just bent the shifter over to the right and now it clears the console. The loud "clunk" you heard sounds concerning though. I'm assuming you looked at the bolt holes in the middle of the skid plate to make sure everything is aligned?
Yah I did a complete visual inspection of the exterior of the transmission, I jacked up the tail housing and pulled the skid and replaced the tranny mount just in case. It was grinding going into 3rd gear before this happened, I hadn't checked the fluid level right before this happened, but a month of 2 before it was full. It also feels like its in limp mode, I cant seem to get it to go over 20 MPH. I would rev the engine to 3k RPM and slowly let the clutch off and the RPM would drop to about 700 and then spit and sputter and slowly begin to move.

I don't know anything about transmissions and this is the first AX-15 that has ever given me a problem. Has less than 100,000 miles on it.

Sorry about the late details, Im recalling this stuff from 6 or 7 months ago.
Unread 09-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #60
AA-Train
2006 WK 

I've been here in Lubbock for a while now. I just got my WK last year & it's still mostly stock, but I've been hoping to find a person or group with more experience (& gear - I really don't have any yet) wheeling & get started. Lmk. Thanks!
Muffler Delete; Homemade Intake (w/ Spectre P4 & 4" Tubing)
AA-Train is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.