anyone in Lubbock area? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > anyone in Lubbock area?

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
jeffa187
2001 TJ Wrangler 

anyone in Lubbock area?

I have recently moved back to Lubbock and have seen a few people from Lubbock on here. Where do you go wheelin or muddin?? Im down to go just about anytime so if you have a good spot fairly nearby hit me up!

jeffa187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
Firedog13
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I live near Lubbock, but I don't know of any legal places to wheel. (I will not do the illegal wheeling thing) I usually end up just going down muddy farm roads after it rains. I know there's supposed to be a place around Palo Duro and another at/near Canadian river by Amarillo. Problem is that nobody really has any good information on these places.
Unread 07-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
jeffa187
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey firedog I was starting to think no one would answer this post! I recently found a 4wd club based in Lubbock. They are doing a run in Post Aug 1st. From the pics on their website it looks like there are some pretty sweet trails... some of them I probably wont even try! Check out the site at fwdnut.com Hope you can make it if not lets meet up for some muddin
Unread 07-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
Firedog13
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I've seen their site. I tried to contact them, but I think the link is broken. I'd like to do the Post run, but I'm already working that day.

Anyway, I think there is still a chance for rain this week - We shall see.
Unread 07-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
bigandrich44
1998 TJ Wrangler 

im from lubbock. Got a cj7 im fixing up, and getting a tj in november. I've got a ranch that I'll be doing lots of wheeling on after the first, everybody in lubbock area is welcome to join. Its about an hour north of lubbock.
bigandrich44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #6
jeffa187
2001 TJ Wrangler 

That sounds great, I am up for going wheeling anywhere... let me know when you are ready! If you would like to go to Post this Sat let me know
Unread 07-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #7
Firedog13
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandrich44 View Post
im from lubbock. Got a cj7 im fixing up, and getting a tj in november. I've got a ranch that I'll be doing lots of wheeling on after the first, everybody in lubbock area is welcome to join. Its about an hour north of lubbock.

Around Kress or Tulia I'm guessing?

Last edited by Firedog13; 07-30-2009 at 11:16 PM..
Firedog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 12:40 PM   #8
aswitchtech
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Lubbock here too! I would love to do Post, but I think we need to join the local club to do it! And in the panhandle, it's all private land around Palo Duro Canyon! But the Canadian River has lots of wheeling! Just take 87 N from Amarillo till the river bride. The Amarillo club has some info on the are: www.west-texasoutlaws.com
aswitchtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #9
jeffa187
2001 TJ Wrangler 

You dont have to be a member of the club to go to Post but you do have to pay $25. If you are a member it is still $15. I figure I will just go this time and if it is really sweet, probably become a member. If you want to go just meet at the McDonalds in Post at 8 AM.
Unread 07-30-2009, 11:18 PM   #10
Firedog13
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa187 View Post
You dont have to be a member of the club to go to Post but you do have to pay $25. If you are a member it is still $15. I figure I will just go this time and if it is really sweet, probably become a member. If you want to go just meet at the McDonalds in Post at 8 AM.
Post again after you go. Let us know what you think. Maybe next time I won't have to work.
Unread 08-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #11
jeffa187
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The run to Post was a BLAST! My jeep is one step above stock and every other jeep was ANYTHING but stock. There are a variety of trails though, and some can be very technical (as you will see in the pics below). Most of the time there is a less difficult way or if you dont feel comfortable going up a certain section (which I didnt a few times) you can just wait and watch because all of the trails are basically circles that come back to right where they started and most of the more difficult ones are pretty short so you wont be waiting long. Overall, I would say it is defintely worth it to take a day off and go on this run at least once! All the guys there were friendly and helpful. After only taking my jeep offroad in CO (besides and occasional mudhole) I never thought I would have that much fun wheelin in West Texas!!

OK some pics... (all taken with my cell phone)

Dont bring a hummer

Not me....

Last edited by jeffa187; 08-02-2009 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: messed up
Unread 08-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #12
CJATE

is this a Park or private land the club has access to? we are always looking for a place to go.
35's, fenders cut
bad paint
leaks just about everything
CJATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
jeffa187
2001 TJ Wrangler 

It is private land that the local club has a lease on. where do you live?
Unread 08-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #14
CJATE

Waco, my club travels a bit, and always looking for something new. Never thought about a club lease...
35's, fenders cut
bad paint
leaks just about everything
CJATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #15
Firedog13
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I saw on their calendar that they have another Post run scheduled for the 22nd. I believe I'm actually off that day. Hopefully I can join you guys then.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.