Anyone interested in a run to Hidden Falls? - Page 30 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Anyone interested in a run to Hidden Falls?

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 10-26-2012, 06:14 AM   #436
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Yeah, that was definitely a classy move.. Nothing like duplicity and trying to stroke yourself to prove you're in the right.. *cough* Aaanyway - I didn't go create an FJ account, but you can pass the word back that there are at least some Jeepers who'd band together with you goofy Toy drivers ( ) in this...

Makes me wonder why he's ex-NASA.. maybe he couldn't grasp the importance (or the concepts) of maintenance, responsibility, accountability, and interpersonal relations.. Aaahh well. I can't throw too many stones. I've stepped in it a few times too. Never in front of thousands of people, or quite so aggressively, for so long, but still..

Canyons is 110 miles to HF's 60 miles from me, and is the closest alternative. Might not go wheeling as much as I thought.

2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #437
bigt2317
Mall Crawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

wow, that is a nice little fight going on. I know some of the park rangers and will talk to them about this to see if they know why it got that bad. We're still going there this weekend and we'll be sure to take pics of any damage to any trail before and after we pass. It's sad that it has to come to this but you almost need a few gopros mounted up to have real proof in case something like this happens again

Build thread
Flickr pictures
Crawler Hauler build FOR SALE
bigt2317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #438
bigt2317
Mall Crawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ustabearenegade View Post
I have a few big tired guys and a few small - i have no idea what we trails we are looking at. I have a black YJ on 37's towed with a green and tan f250.
reply or PM me with your name, that way I can feel a little more friendly if we meet up, it's beats the 'ol "hey I know you" thing.

I'm Travis

EDIT: never mind I just looked at your profile. See you out there

Build thread
Flickr pictures
Crawler Hauler build FOR SALE

Last edited by bigt2317; 10-26-2012 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: found info
bigt2317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #439
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

At one point he threatened to sic his "rangers" on some of the FJ guys.. It was like reading some petty 15 yr old trying to out-mouth everyone on the forum. Disheartening to read.

And apparently they also have some remote cameras mounted in trees to take photos.. So yeah - I guess taking before and after on anything dubious might not be a bad idea.

FJ guys posted up videos and photos of several Jeeps hitting that same section of fence over the last two years, and HF has stated they're going after them now as well.. Would be nice for them to collect from 5-6 drivers for the same section of fence.. And then not fix it - as they haven't fixed it in the past 4 yrs.. Oh wait, that would be fraud, wouldn't it?

apparently no one over there has ever heard of internet searching, since they claimed they'd never seen any images of anyone hitting the fence before the one they took of the FJ against the fence past the destroyed sections..

In some posts they claim the FJ caused all the damage.. In other posts they state they know the damage was pre-existing, but since they have him on film they're holding him accountable anyway since no one else stepped up to report damage in the past.. Sellers told 3 or 4 different versions of events before they shut down the thread.
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
Unread 10-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #440
Winners97TJ
Go Big Or Go Home

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep
Canyons is 110 miles to HF's 60 miles from me, and is the closest alternative. Might not go wheeling as much as I thought.
It's a little longer drive, but I'd be interested in going to Canyons. Never been. Always worth a shot.

1997 Jeep TJ - Truly BUILT not BOUGHT! Purchased from original owner stock... obviously THAT didn't last long!

| WJ Seat Swap into a TJ WITH FORWARD TILT!!

Winners97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #441
agentsmith23
2004 TJ Wrangler 

When would you all be going to Canyons?
agentsmith23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #442
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Hey, man... thought you had class tonight.. pay attention

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 10-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #443
agentsmith23
2004 TJ Wrangler 

LOL I'm trying to stay awake. Got my new tires installed this afternoon and still need to install my passenger side rock slider.
agentsmith23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #444
Winners97TJ
Go Big Or Go Home

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith23
LOL I'm trying to stay awake. Got my new tires installed this afternoon and still need to install my passenger side rock slider.
Just hug the left side of the trail, you'll be good!

1997 Jeep TJ - Truly BUILT not BOUGHT! Purchased from original owner stock... obviously THAT didn't last long!

Unread 10-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #445
BamaFanInTX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

My speculation on it would be that the neighboring land owner might own that section of fence and is after the HF owner to fix it. So, instead of ponying up he is trying to pass the expense on to this guy. Its complete BS as that fence has been torn up since my first trip out there in March. If they don't want people in the fence, then they need to close that section of the trail and make you take the by pass. Most people choose the line that is next to the fence. If you don't make it up in one shot, you pretty much have to back into the fence. Best part of it all, is they claim to be a "christian" business then the owner acts like that.

With all that said, I am up to go to Canyons sometime. I will still go to HF since it's so close, but I'm not going to be running that section of North Pole.
BamaFanInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #446
Winners97TJ
Go Big Or Go Home

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFanInTX

With all that said, I am up to go to Canyons sometime. I will still go to HF since it's so close, but I'm not going to be running that section of North Pole.
Agreed.

Unread 10-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #447
BamaFanInTX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well i just looked at their facebook page, it says the have closed sections of North Pole due to fence damage and roll over hazards. Please take the bypass and do not destroy the yellow tape.

Since when do they care about roll overs?
BamaFanInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #448
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Bama - Sellers was very clear that the owner on the other side had no interest in the fence, had refused to put any money into it, and thus it was solely HF's fence and property.
And yeah - they have closed it now - as part of the argument that it was closed before (they just hadn't put up tape, made announcements, or marked it as such on the maps or info board).. Another one of their BS moves, but anyway..

Yeah - the whole christian company thing came out - right after one of Sellers' worst rant/diatribe posts someone pasted their Company Mission statement from the website with all the christian virtues and behaviors they were upholding and representing. It was almost sad how far away from any of them the post was that warranted the repeating of their Mission statement.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 10-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #449
AlTheKillerr

so i looked up some video of North Pole and thats considered a trail now? I thought it was just ranch road
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #450
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

I believe it had been for a while.. They didn't maintain it. now it has some 3+ sections and at least two places that are off camber enough to roll you if you make a mistake..

Quote:
Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.