Anyone interested in a run to Hidden Falls? - Page 28 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Anyone interested in a run to Hidden Falls?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #406
BamaFanInTX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I washed mine last night too, and found i dented the driver's side front fender. Not sure when that happened, cause i don't remember that part of the Jeep rubbing on anything. Oh well, might try to straighten it out. So much for thinking i could save those to resale after getting some tube fenders.

BamaFanInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #407
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFanInTX View Post
I washed mine last night too, and found i dented the driver's side front fender. Not sure when that happened, cause i don't remember that part of the Jeep rubbing on anything. Oh well, might try to straighten it out. So much for thinking i could save those to resale after getting some tube fenders.
Need to borrow a rubber mallet?
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #408
jadedadventure

Nov 2-4?

My boyfriend and I recently fell in love with Jeeping on a trip out to Colorado where we got to go offroading with a friend out there. He's in the army stationed in Killeen and I'm a medical student in Milwaukee. I'm coming down to Austin Nov 2-4 to visit him, but he doesn't know it yet..I'm going to surprise him I was looking up places to go camping, and I stumbled upon hidden falls' website. It sounds so awesome! We don't have a jeep.. yet! So I just thought I'd see if anyone would be up for some Jeeping adventures with us? We would be more than happy to chip in for gas, plus we have some pretty awesome camping gear, so if anyone wanted to camp out we'd be happy to cook what would be probably the best camping food you've ever eaten, and we'll be sure to bring a whole cooler full of drinks too =)
jadedadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #409
BamaFanInTX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep View Post
Need to borrow a rubber mallet?
nah, i have one of those. Just not sure i can get one in where the dent is to hammer it back straight. You pretty much have to look from the top of the hood down to notice it. Either way my front left matches my right rear corner now. I will take sheet metal damage over breaking drive train parts any day. I'm still wondering how the plastic factory steps are still hanging on to the sides.
Unread 10-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #410
Winners97TJ
Go Big Or Go Home

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFanInTX

nah, i have one of those. Just not sure i can get one in where the dent is to hammer it back straight. You pretty much have to look from the top of the hood down to notice it. Either way my front left matches my right rear corner now. I will take sheet metal damage over breaking drive train parts any day. I'm still wondering how the plastic factory steps are still hanging on to the sides.
Let Agentsmith23 take it for a spin next time... He'll take care of those pesky steps for ya!!

1997 Jeep TJ - Truly BUILT not BOUGHT! Purchased from original owner stock... obviously THAT didn't last long!

| WJ Seat Swap into a TJ WITH FORWARD TILT!!

Winners97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #411
agentsmith23
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah one trip through Snoopy Falls and they will be gone.

And it will give you a good excuse to get some rock rails!
agentsmith23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #412
BamaFanInTX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winners97TJ View Post
Let Agentsmith23 take it for a spin next time... He'll take care of those pesky steps for ya!!

I'm sure I can take care of them on my own eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith23 View Post
Yeah one trip through Snoopy Falls and they will be gone.

And it will give you a good excuse to get some rock rails!
I made it through snoopy with no problems.

Although after all my trips out to HF, I'm not sure how those steps don't even have scratch on them, but my fender flares are scratched like nobody's business.
Unread 10-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #413
agentsmith23
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You should let me drive through Snoopy Falls with your Jeep, I can fix that. My Jeep is still covered in mud. Not sure of the extent of the damage yet, should have time to clean her up some time over the weekend. Only thing I have noticed so far besides the passenger nerf bar is the drivers side nerf bar has a dent in it also. Everyday at work someone reminds me that she needs a bath.
Unread 10-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #414
Winners97TJ
Go Big Or Go Home

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, mines still filthy.... With a leaking rear diff.

But hey, I made it home!

1997 Jeep TJ - Truly BUILT not BOUGHT! Purchased from original owner stock... obviously THAT didn't last long!

| WJ Seat Swap into a TJ WITH FORWARD TILT!!

Winners97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #415
BamaFanInTX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winners97TJ View Post
Yeah, mines still filthy.... With a leaking rear diff.

But hey, I made it home!
Sounds like everyone took on some damage, well at least the TJ's did anyway. Anything happen to Matt's yota?

I hope that diff leak is nothing too serious. Is it leaking around the cover or the pinion? Hopefully its the former rather than the latter. On the positive side you can take care of some maintenance since you will likely have to drain the fluid and refill it.
Unread 10-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #416
BamaFanInTX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You should let me drive through Snoopy Falls with your Jeep, I can fix that. My Jeep is still covered in mud. Not sure of the extent of the damage yet, should have time to clean her up some time over the weekend. Only thing I have noticed so far besides the passenger nerf bar is the drivers side nerf bar has a dent in it also. Everyday at work someone reminds me that she needs a bath.

I'm pretty sure i can take care of it on my own. I noticed this afternoon that the drivers side one is a little loose, so i guess i banged it on something.

Tell your co-workers that its a jeep and the mud is just an accent to the paint job.
Unread 10-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #417
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Matt's Yota lost a tail light when he rolled/backed down the bypass on Snoopy.. *crunch* into the bank. He had to have Bobby winch him up - got too far left and wedged into the bank/ruts.
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
Unread 10-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #418
agentsmith23
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I removed my destroyed nerf bar today and the transfer case drop. Took it for a short test drive got it up to 65 and no vibrations. I also noticed the other day that I also suffered a punctured tire, front passenger side has a slow leak now.

I think Denisse is addicted (I know I am ), before our trip last week she was telling me we would only make a trip like that once or twice a year. On Tuesday she asked me when we are going again. Before we go again I want to at least have new tires, hopefully 33s and rock rails.
Unread 10-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #419
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Whoo hoo! Good to hear Another convert... My wife's response was "Yaaaay!"

Might want to check your bead - my passenger front is slow leaking too, but I packed about 4" of the bead with clay and the air's just seeping out. Dropped the tire off to get it broken down and cleaned out since I don't have the equipment to do it myself

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 10-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #420
BamaFanInTX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I removed my destroyed nerf bar today and the transfer case drop. Took it for a short test drive got it up to 65 and no vibrations. I also noticed the other day that I also suffered a punctured tire, front passenger side has a slow leak now.

I think Denisse is addicted (I know I am ), before our trip last week she was telling me we would only make a trip like that once or twice a year. On Tuesday she asked me when we are going again. Before we go again I want to at least have new tires, hopefully 33s and rock rails.
That's awesome news about Denisse being addicted. If you get her into it then you are golden.

If you don't get vibrations between 35-45, then you probably won't get any at all. Seems like thats where everyone gets them from the reading I have done and where I was getting them also before I did the motor mount lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep View Post
Whoo hoo! Good to hear Another convert... My wife's response was "Yaaaay!"

Might want to check your bead - my passenger front is slow leaking too, but I packed about 4" of the bead with clay and the air's just seeping out. Dropped the tire off to get it broken down and cleaned out since I don't have the equipment to do it myself
X2 on checking the bead. I had the same issue after my previous trip before running with you guys. Took my tire guy about 20 minutes with the wire wheel to get all the mud off the inside lip of my rim. You can put some soapy water around the bead and you will know for sure if that's the issue.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.