Any wheeling spots around Tomball? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Any wheeling spots around Tomball?

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinLedlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 02-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #16
tjdave214
1999 TJ Wrangler 

There's some good trails in there Haha I just got back from hidden falls now everything here is going to be boring

tjdave214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #17
Usmcmach1
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wish I could have... But currently I am a Honda accord, ( 4wd spinning only my front, waiting on a fix for my rear ds)
Usmcmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #18
motocrossno2
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ya, some spots were really hard to do in that old 4 banger. I need to fix my 4 lo
motocrossno2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #19
tjdave214
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Any one want to meet me out there at 3ish today?
Unread 02-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #20
motocrossno2
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Can't, but I'm going out Saturday for sure...
motocrossno2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
ID10Tpig
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ive wheeled at the Gosling place numerous times, if you look hard enough, that trail goes for a couple miles, crossing the creek a few times. Theres two entrances from Gosling itself, the first (going North on Gosling) is just after the first bridge after crossing the RR tracks, its on the right, you can see it as you drive over the bridge.
The second (still going North) is about a half mile after the first, on the right, directly across the road from a little shopping center, and after the trailer park.

Any questions? Hit me up, and I havent been out there in a while as I dont have my front driveshaft.
Zombie Outbreak Response Vehicle #73
'95 YJ (first vehicle, sold)
'99 XJ (current vehicle and loving it)
ID10Tpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 03:56 AM   #22
bigjim350
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Just so you know, that gosling trail isnt legal. Ive heard a few cops talk about busting folks there....fyi.
bigjim350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #23
ID10Tpig
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hmmm, unless thats new, i have to disagree. I was back there once and cops actually drove down the trail to us and asked what we were doing, we just had our go cart and the jeep and just driving around, but the cops didnt say a thing about us leaving and nothing illegal. They were looking for people starting forest fires and using fireworks, we were clean and they left and told us to have a good day.
Zombie Outbreak Response Vehicle #73
'95 YJ (first vehicle, sold)
'99 XJ (current vehicle and loving it)
ID10Tpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #24
Usmcmach1
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It is kinda hard to imagine that all that property is owned by someone that is knowingly allowing people to use it. More likely a firm or property management co owns it and just doesn't know what's going on back there. Way too prime of real-estate to just let it get used for our purposes. Not trying to say it's legal or not.

But FYI for the police to press charges against you, the property owner must press the charges themselves either in person or by phone. Been in that spot before... 16 years old in handcuffs while the cops tried in vain to get a hold of the owners, thank god. But it was the "Dallas version" of gosling. I just happened to be the first. Sucks to be the first.
Unread 02-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #25
txlawz

Wrong

Let me assure you it IS illegal, and the nice group there today can attest to it. Mr USMC, carefull the advice you give doesnt land someone in handcuffs. The owners of the land has a local representative that did come out, and as for Harris County Flood control....well those representatives were there as well.
txlawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #26
Five0
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I will add that you guys today were a class group and seem to do it the right way. It's a shame that a couple of putz have to make things hard for everyone else.
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 05:23 AM   #27
Usmcmach1
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry that my post wasn't clear, I was trying to paint the picture that I have been in this spot before. Off roading in an area that everyone for years and years has used and never had any problems, but it can all change quickly. And the argument; everyone else comes here for x plus years doesn't fly. If it's not legal then it is not worth the risk. Sorry for seeming to be on the other side. Happy legal wheeling everyone.
Unread 02-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #28
-ShockWave-
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I use to offroad all the time in the woodlands years ago when there wasnt as many houses.
Unread 03-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #29
tjdave214
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be out there today. If anyone wants to join pm me.
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #30
4wheelrampage

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have no Idea how I found this thread, but seeing as how it is fairly recent and the gosling trail used to be my go to trail I just couldn't resist posting.

I used to go to Gosling nearly every weekend with my friends. Recently though I have been hearing tales of cops patrolling and impounding trucks. I have not seen it for myself, but that is the word on the street, and that is enough for me not to go back. Which is too bad because I have ridden that creek from the bridge all the way to I-45.

On another note, creekside is good for maybe a couple days. It is the only park I have been to and I've gone a couple times, but I am already pretty bored with it. It isn't not all mud, but close to 80% of it is.
And what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.
Therefore, tasting a drop of antifreeze actually makes you stronger :)
Mac users : control+option+command+8
4wheelrampage is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.