Any suggestions for a trustworthy Jeep mechanic in Austin area? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Any suggestions for a trustworthy Jeep mechanic in Austin area?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 08-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #1
rarmstrong0125
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Any suggestions for a trustworthy Jeep mechanic in Austin area?

I have plans for my old gal, but there are somethings I am sure I will need help with. I'd like to identify and start a relationship with a local shop that I can trust and will give me the 'time of day'. Any suggestions in the Austin, Round Rock, or Georgetown area would be appreciated.

I already know about Just Jeeps and Jeep Masters. I'm hoping that there may be others in addition to them that I can consider. Just Jeeps seems so busy that they may not be right for me. I just left my car there on Monday for some specific diagnostics and here it is late Wed morning and still nothing back from them. Jeep Masters is WAY down south and I'm in Round Rock so hoping perhaps that here is a closer shop to me (north). I'll drive down there if I have to as long as I feel I'm getting honesty, attention and competence.

Unread 08-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #2
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I moved this thread to the Texas Jeep Forum section where I think you'll find a lot better target audience for your question. If I hit the wrong state here let me know and I'll get it to the right place. Good luck with the jeep!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
Vote for the August Cherokee Of The Month here - Yes YOU!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
StanF
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarmstrong0125 View Post
I have plans for my old gal, but there are somethings I am sure I will need help with. I'd like to identify and start a relationship with a local shop that I can trust and will give me the 'time of day'. Any suggestions in the Austin, Round Rock, or Georgetown area would be appreciated.

I already know about Just Jeeps and Jeep Masters. I'm hoping that there may be others in addition to them that I can consider. Just Jeeps seems so busy that they may not be right for me. I just left my car there on Monday for some specific diagnostics and here it is late Wed morning and still nothing back from them. Jeep Masters is WAY down south and I'm in Round Rock so hoping perhaps that here is a closer shop to me (north). I'll drive down there if I have to as long as I feel I'm getting honesty, attention and competence.
I'm also in Round Rock. I do all my own wrenching, so I can't offer any good advice about local shops. I will say that I hear various complaints from my friends about almost all the local shops. I honestly wouldn't trust any of them with my Jeep.

You didn't mention 4 Wheel Parts - they are up north at Anderson and Lamar. I buy parts there, but haven't ever used their service.
Unread 08-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #4
rarmstrong0125
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks StanF. I appreciate the note.
Ya, I try to do most of my own wrenching as well but man it would be good to have some deeper skills than my own to run things by :-). Also, I've never really dealt much with doing lifts or suspension mods (other than basic stuff like new shocks, brakes, and hubs).

Let me know if you are around next week, perhaps we can get together for lunch, on me.
Unread 08-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
gregstudeny
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The only trust worthy mechanic is yourself. Unless you are me .
gregstudeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2014, 01:36 PM   #6
StanF
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarmstrong0125 View Post
Thanks StanF. I appreciate the note.
Ya, I try to do most of my own wrenching as well but man it would be good to have some deeper skills than my own to run things by :-). Also, I've never really dealt much with doing lifts or suspension mods (other than basic stuff like new shocks, brakes, and hubs).

Let me know if you are around next week, perhaps we can get together for lunch, on me.
I sent you a PM. Some of us in the north Austin area get together at Opal Divines in front of Fry's every once in a while. I'll try to set one up, so you can meet a few other people too.

I'm good with most Jeep systems, but since I have a YJ, I wouldn't be able to give you much advice on your front suspension. The TJ folks will be much better.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.