Another Houston get together - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Another Houston get together

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 12-03-2003, 12:56 PM   #76
pkp190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
I could probably head out there on Sunday. I don't think I have anything going on. Anyone else up for it?

I am up for it. I am putting tow hooks on this week just in case. Any time on sunday would work for me. Just post a time when we want to go.

Help Fight MS
pkp190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2003, 01:14 PM   #77
rcrupper
2007 JK Wrangler 

sunday looks like it might work for me. not sure what time i can get there but if its not early enough for everyone i can just meet out there.

let me know
rob
rcrupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2003, 05:57 AM   #78
Laila
1999 TJ Wrangler 

What time does everyone want to meet Sunday? Do we meet at Korgers?
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Laila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2003, 07:48 AM   #79
nxsTJ28

Greetings all, I'd like to tag along. I've never been there before so I'd need someone to point me in the right direction.

What time and where do you guys usually meet?
[COLOR=darkred][FONT=palatino linotype][SIZE=2]FOLLOW ME TO CERTAIN DEATH JEEP CLUB MEMBER #8[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[SIZE=2][B][COLOR=red]BIG GUNS[/COLOR] [COLOR=white]AND[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]JEEP [/COLOR]OWNERS OF AMERICA CLUB MEMBER #2[/SIZE][/B]
nxsTJ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2003, 04:14 PM   #80
Laila
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I have some tow hooks I need on before sunday. What's the absolute easiest way to put them on the front? I have the tow hooks you buy from 4wheel parts and bolts but I don't know the best way to put them on.
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Unread 12-04-2003, 04:36 PM   #81
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffy
I have some tow hooks I need on before sunday. What's the absolute easiest way to put them on the front? I have the tow hooks you buy from 4wheel parts and bolts but I don't know the best way to put them on.
Bring them with you and we'll do it there. Otherwise I think you just unbolt the top bolts on the bumper and put the tow hooks on there with the new, longer bolts. I'm not sure which hooks you have, but it's prolly pretty simple like that. What time are we all meeting? Any ideas? I'd like to say 10 or 11 but I'm lazy and I like to sleep in and it still takes me an hour to get there.
Unread 12-04-2003, 05:52 PM   #82
Laila
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
Bring them with you and we'll do it there. Otherwise I think you just unbolt the top bolts on the bumper and put the tow hooks on there with the new, longer bolts. I'm not sure which hooks you have, but it's prolly pretty simple like that. What time are we all meeting? Any ideas? I'd like to say 10 or 11 but I'm lazy and I like to sleep in and it still takes me an hour to get there.
I'll bring them with me. Do you have the tool? What tool do you use anyway? It looks really easy but it always looks easy until I start taking things apart.

It takes me about 40 mins to get down there. 11 or 12 sounds good to me. I always try to sleep in but somehow end up getting up early anyway. Come on ppl what time should meet?

I'll bring my digital camera so we can get some pics.

Slinky if you have a cell phone email or message me the number.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/transmission-problem-60592/
I'm having some kind of problem with my Jeep. Do you know anything about it?
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Unread 12-04-2003, 06:02 PM   #83
rgwjeep

Spring Creek Sunday

I might be able to make it Sunday afternoon. But I won't know until Saturday afternoon.
33" BFG
rgwjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2003, 07:35 AM   #84
pkp190

Quote:
I'll bring them with me. Do you have the tool? What tool do you use anyway? It looks really easy but it always looks easy until I start taking things apart.

It takes me about 40 mins to get down there. 11 or 12 sounds good to me. I always try to sleep in but somehow end up getting up early anyway. Come on ppl what time should meet?

I'll bring my digital camera so we can get some pics.

Slinky if you have a cell phone email or message me the number.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60592
I'm having some kind of problem with my Jeep. Do you know anything about it?
Do you still have the tor-x bolt on the from bumper if so I have that tool and we can do it when we get there. I say we just meet at 11 at the Exxon at 2920 and 45.
Help Fight MS
Unread 12-05-2003, 07:42 AM   #85
Laila
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkp190
Do you still have the tor-x bolt on the from bumper if so I have that tool and we can do it when we get there. I say we just meet at 11 at the Exxon at 2920 and 45.
I saw something about a T55 socket. Is that what kind of tool that you need to take the bumper off?
I don't have the tool. I was going to see if it was expensive at Loews otherwise would you pls bring it with you. Did you take the bumperettes off or drill new holes?
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Unread 12-05-2003, 07:43 AM   #86
Laila
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I hope somebody has a recovery strap.
Bring those too.
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Unread 12-05-2003, 08:03 AM   #87
nxsTJ28

I'll try to be there, I have some work to do on my jeep. I hopefully will be done by then.

11am Sunday; Exxon at 2920 and 45.

Hope to see you all there, I'll be in a green TJ with a tan hard top.

Billy.
[COLOR=darkred][FONT=palatino linotype][SIZE=2]FOLLOW ME TO CERTAIN DEATH JEEP CLUB MEMBER #8[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[SIZE=2][B][COLOR=red]BIG GUNS[/COLOR] [COLOR=white]AND[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]JEEP [/COLOR]OWNERS OF AMERICA CLUB MEMBER #2[/SIZE][/B]
nxsTJ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2003, 08:07 AM   #88
pkp190

Quote:
I saw something about a T55 socket. Is that what kind of tool that you need to take the bumper off?
I don't have the tool. I was going to see if it was expensive at Loews otherwise would you pls bring it with you. Did you take the bumperettes off or drill new holes?
Yeah it is a T55 tor-x and I have on bought it the other day, not that expensive. You should not have to do anything to the bumperettes to mount the hooks. At most you night have to trip them a bit in the front. I will bring it with me and we can do yours on sunday.

I do not have a tow strap, if any one does please bring it.
Help Fight MS
Unread 12-05-2003, 08:23 AM   #89
rcrupper
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkp190
Yeah it is a T55 tor-x and I have on bought it the other day, not that expensive. You should not have to do anything to the bumperettes to mount the hooks. At most you night have to trip them a bit in the front. I will bring it with me and we can do yours on sunday.

I do not have a tow strap, if any one does please bring it.
ok, i do plan on being there sunday at 11am. i have a t55 torx bit i can bring if i need to. How close are you to humble/kingwood area? we could do it at the house with airtools if time permits this weekend.

let me know
rob
rcrupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2003, 02:32 PM   #90
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, I will aim for 11 on Sunday... and I've got a couple tow straps. I'll probably also have a couple empty seats if anyone is lurking and wants to ride along.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.