Another Houston get together - Page 52 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Another Houston get together

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Reply
Unread 02-26-2004, 08:52 PM   #766
DogHouse
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
Posts: 1,756
O h hell yeah! Those things look pretty awesome! I'm assuming you will be running in the unlimited class? We'll be getting there right around when the park opens up to register and set up camp. Then we'll wheel the rest of the night!
Quote:
Originally Posted by big yj
some of the people from texas trailriders will be there competeing my self included. We will be getting in late friday night so if you guys see us make sure to say hello.
be on the look out for these two jeeps


DogHouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2004, 09:01 PM   #767
tube yj
Web Wheeler
 
tube yj's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogHouse
O h hell yeah! Those things look pretty awesome! I'm assuming you will be running in the unlimited class? We'll be getting there right around when the park opens up to register and set up camp. Then we'll wheel the rest of the night!
yep unlimited. I am not sure how they broke up the classes but it really does not make to much sense to through a YJ on 36s in with trucks on 53s. Oh well.

If I have enough energy by the time we get out there I may be up for a night run. What area are you guys planning on camping in?
tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2004, 09:24 PM   #768
Laila
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 5,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by big yj
some of the people from texas trailriders will be there competeing my self included. We will be getting in late friday night so if you guys see us make sure to say hello.
be on the look out for these two jeeps
Haha that's just beautiful! We'll be sure to say HI
__________________
99 TJ 4Banger
RE 3.5 SuperFlex
33in BFG Mud Terrains
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Laila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2004, 06:17 AM   #769
DogHouse
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
Posts: 1,756
We usually camp near the electrical but this time we're going to camp towards the back somewhere. I think everyone going is going to have Jeeps this time so just look for the Lake Houston TX 4WD bunch. I know I won't miss your rig when it rolls on by.

I don't really understand the point system either. They put me in with my buddies who are running over 5inches of lift and on 35's and all i have is 33' and a BB with a 1"BL????
Quote:
Originally Posted by big yj
yep unlimited. I am not sure how they broke up the classes but it really does not make to much sense to through a YJ on 36s in with trucks on 53s. Oh well.

If I have enough energy by the time we get out there I may be up for a night run. What area are you guys planning on camping in?
DogHouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2004, 12:55 PM   #770
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.
 
SlinkyTJ's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Posts: 6,080
I'm trying to order some axles right now. I might just straighten the drag link and weld some reinforcements on there to run the trails. I might just make it yet.
__________________
'97 SE
Lockers and stuff
SlinkyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2004, 02:00 PM   #771
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.
 
SlinkyTJ's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Posts: 6,080
Dammit, no one has parts for my front axle yet. It's too new. I'm gonna have to go to the dealership.
__________________
'97 SE
Lockers and stuff
SlinkyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2004, 02:07 PM   #772
Laila
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 5,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
Dammit, no one has parts for my front axle yet. It's too new. I'm gonna have to go to the dealership.
You still have time, don't worry.
Btw I need to compare trackbars with Al on sunday because I want to make sure mine isn't bent too. I'm a little paranoid now.
__________________
99 TJ 4Banger
RE 3.5 SuperFlex
33in BFG Mud Terrains
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Laila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2004, 02:07 PM   #773
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.
 
SlinkyTJ's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Posts: 6,080
And Sat is supposed to be much nicer than Sun weather wise.
__________________
'97 SE
Lockers and stuff
SlinkyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2004, 02:09 PM   #774
Laila
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 5,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
And Sat is supposed to be much nicer than Sun weather wise.
I can go either day. If it's raining Al will be pulling me out all day on sunday but what else is new.
__________________
99 TJ 4Banger
RE 3.5 SuperFlex
33in BFG Mud Terrains
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Laila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2004, 05:47 PM   #775
Laila
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 5,424
We should probably just go sunday since we haven't heard from Al today.
__________________
99 TJ 4Banger
RE 3.5 SuperFlex
33in BFG Mud Terrains
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Laila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2004, 05:58 PM   #776
Jeepin_Al
DAJC.......Get stuck!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,483
sorry, I don't have much to say, I am not really sure I can make it either day totally, I will try either, as for comparing to mine, I wouldn't, I have to get some help fixing my steering before I go out to the trails, I can barely turn left, my left turn radius is about 4 or 5 ft bigger then my right turn radius. that big hit I took on Saturday knocked the suspension fierce, I am thinking that I can take the bolt out from the steering box for the pitman arm and relocate the center of the steering box to wheels straight.
__________________
"rejected by the signature police"
Jeepin_Al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2004, 06:28 PM   #777
Laila
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 5,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_wldcat_TJ
sorry, I don't have much to say, I am not really sure I can make it either day totally, I will try either, as for comparing to mine, I wouldn't, I have to get some help fixing my steering before I go out to the trails, I can barely turn left, my left turn radius is about 4 or 5 ft bigger then my right turn radius. that big hit I took on Saturday knocked the suspension fierce, I am thinking that I can take the bolt out from the steering box for the pitman arm and relocate the center of the steering box to wheels straight.
Well let us know if you can still make it this weekend. If you can go we'll go sunday. I don't think anyone else was going besides us and Tim was going to ride with you since the rubicon is out of commission right now.
__________________
99 TJ 4Banger
RE 3.5 SuperFlex
33in BFG Mud Terrains
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Laila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2004, 06:53 PM   #778
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.
 
SlinkyTJ's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Posts: 6,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_wldcat_TJ
sorry, I don't have much to say, I am not really sure I can make it either day totally, I will try either, as for comparing to mine, I wouldn't, I have to get some help fixing my steering before I go out to the trails, I can barely turn left, my left turn radius is about 4 or 5 ft bigger then my right turn radius. that big hit I took on Saturday knocked the suspension fierce, I am thinking that I can take the bolt out from the steering box for the pitman arm and relocate the center of the steering box to wheels straight.
You don't need to take the pitman arm off. You can just loosen the sleeve on the drag link and turn it to adjust the wheel. I've done it a few times, it's really easy.
__________________
'97 SE
Lockers and stuff
SlinkyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2004, 07:08 PM   #779
DogHouse
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
Posts: 1,756
Tim go to the www.rubiconownersforum.com and ask in there just to be sure. I believe they are just 30 spline inners and 27 spline outers. as for the U-joint I'm pretty sure they sell those but not sure what type they are. I would definitely check with that forum because I know the dealer is gonna rip ya. Hope you find out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
Dammit, no one has parts for my front axle yet. It's too new. I'm gonna have to go to the dealership.
DogHouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2004, 07:12 PM   #780
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.
 
SlinkyTJ's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Posts: 6,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogHouse
Tim go to the www.rubiconownersforum.com and ask in there just to be sure. I believe they are just 30 spline inners and 27 spline outers. as for the U-joint I'm pretty sure they sell those but not sure what type they are. I would definitely check with that forum because I know the dealer is gonna rip ya. Hope you find out.
I'm pretty sure that's what they are, too, but Randy's Ring and Pinion didn't have a listing for it and neither did Spicer. I'll check on that forum though.
__________________
'97 SE
Lockers and stuff
SlinkyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.