Another Houston get together - Page 507 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Another Houston get together

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 05-26-2005, 12:39 PM   #7591
htownjeep
What's that noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandgirl
dont play with the monkeys..they fling poo

jk guys
That's funny!!!

Seriously, wish the big concrete barriers on the tollway were short enough for Jeeps to go over! That'd be nice for instances like this morning.

Unread 05-26-2005, 12:43 PM   #7592
TJRob
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom
yeah but the beltway is ONLY the feeder road on the West side of I-45.
the main highway is Sam Houston Toll Road on the West side of I-45.

when you cross over I-45 to the East side, the main highway becomes Beltway 8, and the Toll Road isn't present on the East side of Houston. =]

thats why i said get an ez-tag, so you dont have to sit on the beltway, and you can get on the toll road.... that thing is never backed up, its like Houston's own NASCAR track.
OK know it all.... When most people refer to the Beltway 8 they are talking about the freakin Toll Road. There was a wreck right after the toll booth and they shut down all the lanes of the TOLL ROAD so it was completely STOPPED. Even if you had a EZ tag you would have been sitting there. Unless you truck grows wings and flys.....
[url=http://www.ceoffroad.com] Creative Engineering Offroad[/url][URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32021&page=1&pp=15][COLOR=blue]Blue Jeep Club Member #47[/COLOR][/URL]
[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=4][FONT=Impact][URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53556&highlight=flip+roll]Flip & Roll Club Member #3[/URL] [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]
[URL=http://www.dajc.org][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen] [SIZE=4] [FONT=Impact]Dumb *** Jeep Club Member #4[/URL] [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]
86 Bronco, 02 TJ (RE 3.5" Superflex, 37x12.5 Swamper SSRs on Cragar Soft 8s), 58 Willys 4x4
TJRob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2005, 03:00 PM   #7593
Axiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRob
OK know it all.... When most people refer to the Beltway 8 they are talking about the freakin Toll Road. There was a wreck right after the toll booth and they shut down all the lanes of the TOLL ROAD so it was completely STOPPED. Even if you had a EZ tag you would have been sitting there. Unless you truck grows wings and flys.....
ok now i see.. u were on the toll rd not the beltway =D
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2005, 03:06 PM   #7594
grandgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom
ok now i see.. u were on the toll rd not the beltway =D
there's not a smiley on here to represent the way i feel
grandgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2005, 03:15 PM   #7595
Jeepin_Al
DAJC.......Get stuck!!!!

Quote:
and how is it that you feel?
Unread 05-26-2005, 03:42 PM   #7596
Axiom

Quote:
and that is implying what? how do you feel?
Unread 05-26-2005, 04:31 PM   #7597
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I am off to Tree's Ranch in the morning, hopefully some of the houston crew will make it out to the ranch.

I will post up some pics when I get back into town on Sunday night
tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2005, 05:07 PM   #7598
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Lol!
SlinkyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2005, 05:08 PM   #7599
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tube yj
I am off to Tree's Ranch in the morning, hopefully some of the houston crew will make it out to the ranch.

I will post up some pics when I get back into town on Sunday night
Have fun man... and take some pics.
SlinkyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2005, 10:23 PM   #7600
grandgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_wldcat_TJ
and how is it that you feel?
Unread 05-26-2005, 11:43 PM   #7601
kenn

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, would your belief that the above image is funny change in any way if you had a special needs child yourself or in your direct family? Roughly 1 out of every 100 children are born with some kind of issue. It's likely that you have a friend or two that might have just such a child.... It can assure you it isn't funny to them.
kenn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2005, 11:45 PM   #7602
kenn

On another note, I am going up to Bryan this weekend. The guy that owns Brazos Valley Offroad Ranch said he will probably open the park on sunday at 12 unless there is heavy rain. Anyone interested in checking it out?
kenn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2005, 12:07 AM   #7603
grandgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn
Just out of curiosity, would your belief that the above image is funny change in any way if you had a special needs child yourself or in your direct family? Roughly 1 out of every 100 children are born with some kind of issue. It's likely that you have a friend or two that might have just such a child.... It can assure you it isn't funny to them.
It isn't funny to me either. Just as Nick aruing all the time on here about anything he can isn't funny. That was part of why I posted it. Also out of stupidity because I honestly didn't thikn about how it would affect someone with a special ed child that saw it. If it did affect you, I am truly sorry.
Unread 05-27-2005, 10:05 AM   #7604
Axiom

Quote:
It isn't funny to me either. Just as Nick aruing all the time on here about anything he can isn't funny. That was part of why I posted it. Also out of stupidity because I honestly didn't thikn about how it would affect someone with a special ed child that saw it. If it did affect you, I am truly sorry.
how was i arguing?? .... we were talking about the toll road.
Unread 05-27-2005, 11:52 AM   #7605
Jeepin_Al
DAJC.......Get stuck!!!!

This thread is getting WAY too sensitive. What happened to the friendly banter? I don't remember a single argument or complaint in the first 9 months. It was about getting together and having fun together. I can remember showing up to places and being the only one, Tim showing up and not catching up with anyone else, and a couple of others to. I like how the thread developed into something with no direction and encompassing almost anything. Heck, I haven't lived in Houston in 14 months but still keep up with friends by watching this thread. Makes me smile even but in the last month or so I had almost quit keeping up because of the harshness associated. I have even posted a couple of times about it to no avail. I am not going to keep on it, I just think that what made this thread cool to keep going is slowly being lost and that SUCKS. go ahead, read the first 200 or so pages and you will see what I am talking about. It was all about having fun, more recently it is about clicks and getting bounced by others not showing up, etc. I am not a club guy, never will be, I thought this Houston thing was pretty cool because it was all about being there or not being there, sometimes 20 people would show up, sometimes 2, didn't matter and everyone smiled. I guess I just liked things the way they where. Peace out, Hope to see at least some of you soon. Remember, no harm, no foul.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.