Another Houston get together - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Another Houston get together

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side View

Unread 11-11-2003, 06:56 AM   #31
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogHouse
TX4WD Lake Houston Chapter is heading out there the weekend of the 22nd. It looks like there will be around 10-15 rigs going including a Unimog.
What day/time are you guys heading out?

Unread 11-11-2003, 08:21 AM   #32
DogHouse
2002 TJ Wrangler 

There will be some heading out Friday after lunch and some heading out Early Saturday morning. Nothing is set in stone just in the past there are usually two groups heading out on both days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
What day/time are you guys heading out?
A "Veteran" -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to, and including his life."
That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
DogHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2003, 03:11 PM   #33
dzp

Cool, I'm gonna be out there on Sat 22nd with my ramp. Everyone can try it out no charge or anything. It will probably be sitting by the pavilion.
[URL=http://www.dzpdrafting.com]DZP Drafting & Fabrication[/URL]
[URL=http://www.jeepet.com]Jeeps of East Texas Club[/URL]
[URL=http://www.tkff.com]Tyler Kung Fu & Fitness[/URL]
dzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2003, 08:56 PM   #34
weallwentmental

Angry

well, wish i could make the trip next weekend, but the guy i was goin to get my jeep from disappeared on me and i dunno what the hell is going on. Always wanted to see a unimog muddin, y'all gotta post some pics on here when ya get back.
weallwentmental is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2003, 10:26 PM   #35
Jeepin_Al
DAJC.......Get stuck!!!!

who is leaving when and where are they planning on staying? Is anyone planning on camping out? I figure to roll out right behind JR myself. plans people, plans, I have to knw these things, LOL, see ya, AL
Unread 11-13-2003, 11:08 PM   #36
mking7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_wldcat_TJ
who is leaving when and where are they planning on staying? Is anyone planning on camping out? I figure to roll out right behind JR myself. plans people, plans, I have to knw these things, LOL, see ya, AL
Can somebody tell me about Spring Creek? Is it mostly mud? Are there trails? I have my jeep lifted and am ready to go hit it but I never seem to be able to meet y'all's schedules. I have a buddy with a pretty stock CJ7, will he be able to go out there?

How do you get there? Do you have to pay? Will there be tons of people out there? Oh ya, is it legal and all?
Unread 11-14-2003, 07:37 AM   #37
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking7
Can somebody tell me about Spring Creek? Is it mostly mud? Are there trails? I have my jeep lifted and am ready to go hit it but I never seem to be able to meet y'all's schedules. I have a buddy with a pretty stock CJ7, will he be able to go out there?

How do you get there? Do you have to pay? Will there be tons of people out there? Oh ya, is it legal and all?
When do you guys wanna head out there? I could prolly make it some time this weekend.

As for Gilmer, I'm supposed to be in a parade that saturday night. It's the festival of lights down here (big deal around here).
Unread 11-14-2003, 08:20 AM   #38
mking7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
When do you guys wanna head out there? I could prolly make it some time this weekend.

As for Gilmer, I'm supposed to be in a parade that saturday night. It's the festival of lights down here (big deal around here).
As usual my schedule is tight for this weekend. I could go Saturday at 2 or later and that's about it. I am booked most of the rest of the weekend.
Unread 11-14-2003, 09:21 AM   #39
rgwjeep

Quote:
As usual my schedule is tight for this weekend. I could go Saturday at 2 or later and that's about it. I am booked most of the rest of the weekend.

I am headed out to Sring Creek Sunday, noonish time. I will be out their in my jeep and another guy in his 67' diesal land rover.
33" BFG
rgwjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2003, 10:04 AM   #40
Jeepin_Al
DAJC.......Get stuck!!!!

Quote:
I am not doing anything this weekend, I am going out tonight to wheel around but it will be a late run from 10 till I finish, probably late. If anyone is looking to go out or gets stuck out there give me a call. 281-580-2866, I am always up for a quick jaunt around the neighborhood, later, AL
Unread 11-14-2003, 10:10 AM   #41
mking7

Quote:
I am not doing anything this weekend, I am going out tonight to wheel around but it will be a late run from 10 till I finish, probably late. If anyone is looking to go out or gets stuck out there give me a call. 281-580-2866, I am always up for a quick jaunt around the neighborhood, later, AL
Where do you go to get there? I know exactly where that Exxon you guys usually meet at is but where do you go from there?
Unread 11-14-2003, 10:47 AM   #42
Jeepin_Al
DAJC.......Get stuck!!!!

Quote:
Where do you go to get there? I know exactly where that Exxon you guys usually meet at is but where do you go from there?
from the exxon go through old town spring till you cross the railroad tracks, turn left with the road (you will be going between the railroad tracks) till the road turns right, go across the second setr of traqcks and make an immediate left (the road say's "no outlet"), go down under Hardy toll road and after you have passed the toll road you canb turn right at any time to get to the spring (Jake's Mud hole has a sign parking 10 bucks, if you don't park a truck there they have no problem with you driving through, and that is where the fun trails are, at least for me) if you ask, the locals will tell you where some cool stuff is and this is where you can judge the coolness of your rig, if they offer to show you around then you have a cool set up, if not......... well it's still cool, you just have to prove it. AL
Unread 11-14-2003, 12:26 PM   #43
mking7

Quote:
from the exxon go through old town spring till you cross the railroad tracks, turn left with the road (you will be going between the railroad tracks) till the road turns right, go across the second setr of traqcks and make an immediate left (the road say's "no outlet"), go down under Hardy toll road and after you have passed the toll road you canb turn right at any time to get to the spring (Jake's Mud hole has a sign parking 10 bucks, if you don't park a truck there they have no problem with you driving through, and that is where the fun trails are, at least for me) if you ask, the locals will tell you where some cool stuff is and this is where you can judge the coolness of your rig, if they offer to show you around then you have a cool set up, if not......... well it's still cool, you just have to prove it. AL
Cool, thanks. What's the area like? Mostly mud and dirt trails or ??????
Unread 11-14-2003, 04:49 PM   #44
Jeepin_Al
DAJC.......Get stuck!!!!

Quote:
Cool, thanks. What's the area like? Mostly mud and dirt trails or ??????
sorry, the system wouldn't let me post this (60 seconds or something like that) but here is a brief description of spring creek.

http://www.millertek.com/evilwrangle...ingcreek.shtml
Unread 11-14-2003, 06:12 PM   #45
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I might head up there tomorrow depending on what I've got going on. If I don't make it out tomorrow though, I'll for sure make it on Sunday. I've gotta do something, my jeep has been sad lately... It hasn't run anything over in a while. Btw, Dusty got some 33's on his jeep now, but he's still having that fuel pump problem, so he won't be out there just yet.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.