Another Houston get together - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #166 of 40060 Old 12-22-2003, 10:14 AM
nxsTJ28
Registered User
 
nxsTJ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwjeep
I am having the same problem with my jeep. I took it to the dealership in Tomball and they were not able to duplicate the problem and the computers did not show anything wrong with my Jeep. IT is frustrating! My jeep is still acting up. I just punch the gas a few times and everything is fine until the next time I get into my jeep.
Fellas, I've been saying I would come out and meet with you all for some time now but something always comes up. I have a feeling I know what's up with your jeeps....after a lot of research and money not well spent I found the problem to be the crankshaft positioning sensor (CPS). My jeep and many others have hsd the same problem and there is really no way to tell until it happens. When the dealership test out your vehicle no problems will show up because nothing is wrong when they go to check it. Acording to the Technical Service Bullentin, after a long drive (30mins-1hour) the CPS will heat up and start to fail or send mixed signals to the CPM which overcompensates by dumping excess fuel into the engine creating the stalling effect. The part at the dealership is $67 and can be easily installed by someone with a wrench and a screwdriver.

If I ever make it out one day I'll promise to give it the once over and check it out for ya.

Regards.


FOLLOW ME TO CERTAIN DEATH JEEP CLUB MEMBER #8
BIG GUNS AND JEEP OWNERS OF AMERICA CLUB MEMBER #2
nxsTJ28 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #167 of 40060 Old 12-22-2003, 03:13 PM
Laila
Registered User
 
Laila's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 5,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxsTJ28
Fellas, I've been saying I would come out and meet with you all for some time now but something always comes up. I have a feeling I know what's up with your jeeps....after a lot of research and money not well spent I found the problem to be the crankshaft positioning sensor (CPS). My jeep and many others have hsd the same problem and there is really no way to tell until it happens. When the dealership test out your vehicle no problems will show up because nothing is wrong when they go to check it. Acording to the Technical Service Bullentin, after a long drive (30mins-1hour) the CPS will heat up and start to fail or send mixed signals to the CPM which overcompensates by dumping excess fuel into the engine creating the stalling effect. The part at the dealership is $67 and can be easily installed by someone with a wrench and a screwdriver.

If I ever make it out one day I'll promise to give it the once over and check it out for ya.

Regards.
So if I tell them to check the crankshaft positioning sensor then they should be able to find the problem and fix it? I am sending the jeep to the dealership first thing in the morning. I want to minimize its time there as much as possible by leading them in the right direction so they can fix the problem.

That's perfect though. Thanks for the info. That sounds like exactly what my problem might be.

99 TJ 4Banger
RE 3.5 SuperFlex
33in BFG Mud Terrains
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Laila is offline  
post #168 of 40060 Old 12-23-2003, 10:04 AM
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.
 
SlinkyTJ's Avatar
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lake Jackson
Posts: 6,102
So any plans for this weekend? I know I have to work at least part of the day on Friday, but I'm still thinking about driving to Shiloh on Friday night and coming back Sat. That's assuming I don't fall of the water tower in the morning. I have to put up some more radio equipment. Also, any luck with the tire guy Al? I think the wheels I bought on ebay are finally on the way.

'09 JK
Lockers and stuff
SlinkyTJ is offline  
post #169 of 40060 Old 12-23-2003, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Jeepin_Al
Just taking it easy!
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
So any plans for this weekend? I know I have to work at least part of the day on Friday, but I'm still thinking about driving to Shiloh on Friday night and coming back Sat. That's assuming I don't fall of the water tower in the morning. I have to put up some more radio equipment. Also, any luck with the tire guy Al? I think the wheels I bought on ebay are finally on the way.
I might be able to make a trip this weekend, anymore information available? I will be working in Cleveland on Friday so I could leave from there and meet up, let me know, AL

"rejected by the signature police"
Jeepin_Al is offline  
post #170 of 40060 Old 12-23-2003, 11:05 PM
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.
 
SlinkyTJ's Avatar
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lake Jackson
Posts: 6,102
Dunno about any more info. I'm hoping to be off work by 2. I have to climb a water tower and put some equipment on the top, but after that I think I'm done and could leave town. That would give me plenty of time for a nice slow drive to Shiloh. I"d rather pull my jeep up there, but I don't have a truck available. Camping might be a bit chilly, but I'm not scared. Is anyone else interested? I could just as easily ride around Spring some more. Or maybe we could all just hang out someplace, drink some beer and eat some food. I swear I've got a real grill down here.

'09 JK
Lockers and stuff
SlinkyTJ is offline  
post #171 of 40060 Old 12-24-2003, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Jeepin_Al
Just taking it easy!
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
Dunno about any more info. I'm hoping to be off work by 2. I have to climb a water tower and put some equipment on the top, but after that I think I'm done and could leave town. That would give me plenty of time for a nice slow drive to Shiloh. I"d rather pull my jeep up there, but I don't have a truck available. Camping might be a bit chilly, but I'm not scared. Is anyone else interested? I could just as easily ride around Spring some more. Or maybe we could all just hang out someplace, drink some beer and eat some food. I swear I've got a real grill down here.
I'm up for whatever, get a plan and count me in, cold doesn't bother me till after I get out from under the blankets

"rejected by the signature police"
Jeepin_Al is offline  
post #172 of 40060 Old 12-24-2003, 12:48 PM
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.
 
SlinkyTJ's Avatar
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lake Jackson
Posts: 6,102
Anyone else interested? Come on, you know you want to.

'09 JK
Lockers and stuff
SlinkyTJ is offline  
post #173 of 40060 Old 12-24-2003, 01:12 PM
Laila
Registered User
 
Laila's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 5,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
Anyone else interested? Come on, you know you want to.

I really want to but I can't go far until I know my Jeep is fixed. I will be getting it back friday after they replace the fuel pump. That's what they think the problem is. I am going to ask them to look over the clutch too while they have it.

I finally got the swaybars reconncected too. I'm so stupid, I didn't cut them both down, I just tried to connect one while the other one was still zip tied. I think I've finally got the process down.

I have a cool video from last weekend. As soon as Tim figures out how I can upload it to the website you can see it. It's a really big file. Too big for email.

Happy Holidays everyone !!!

99 TJ 4Banger
RE 3.5 SuperFlex
33in BFG Mud Terrains
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Laila is offline  
post #174 of 40060 Old 12-24-2003, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Jeepin_Al
Just taking it easy!
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,485
Lets see some video, I can't wait to see. Hope the Jeep is all good, wishin you the best, AL

"rejected by the signature police"
Jeepin_Al is offline  
post #175 of 40060 Old 12-24-2003, 08:16 PM
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.
 
SlinkyTJ's Avatar
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lake Jackson
Posts: 6,102
I think Shiloh might have to wait until the weekend after the first, but I'm up for cruising around the creek on Sat.

'09 JK
Lockers and stuff
SlinkyTJ is offline  
post #176 of 40060 Old 12-25-2003, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Jeepin_Al
Just taking it easy!
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
I think Shiloh might have to wait until the weekend after the first, but I'm up for cruising around the creek on Sat.
ok, spring it is, give me a call, anyone else going? Laila, how is the Jeep?

"rejected by the signature police"
Jeepin_Al is offline  
post #177 of 40060 Old 12-25-2003, 10:41 AM
Laila
Registered User
 
Laila's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 5,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_wldcat_TJ
ok, spring it is, give me a call, anyone else going? Laila, how is the Jeep?

The Jeep is in good hands right now. I really won't know much until Friday. I plan on going Saturday, as long as I get my Jeep back Friday. They said I should get it by noon on Friday. If I have to I'll ride along some of the time so as not to over work my clutch. Want me to bring anything?

99 TJ 4Banger
RE 3.5 SuperFlex
33in BFG Mud Terrains
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Laila is offline  
post #178 of 40060 Old 12-25-2003, 03:51 PM
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.
 
SlinkyTJ's Avatar
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lake Jackson
Posts: 6,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffy
The Jeep is in good hands right now. I really won't know much until Friday. I plan on going Saturday, as long as I get my Jeep back Friday. They said I should get it by noon on Friday. If I have to I'll ride along some of the time so as not to over work my clutch. Want me to bring anything?

Beer!

(the 20 character rule is stupid)

'09 JK
Lockers and stuff
SlinkyTJ is offline  
post #179 of 40060 Old 12-26-2003, 06:19 AM
Laila
Registered User
 
Laila's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 5,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
Beer!

(the 20 character rule is stupid)

No problem

(That is a stupid rule)

99 TJ 4Banger
RE 3.5 SuperFlex
33in BFG Mud Terrains
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Laila is offline  
post #180 of 40060 Old 12-26-2003, 01:08 PM
rcrupper
Registered User
 
rcrupper's Avatar
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montgomery, TX
Posts: 529
ok, as of right now i plan on being there. where and when are we meeting? let me know whats up.

see ya
rob
rcrupper is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Texas 4WD - Houston? or another area club? paTJinTX Texas Jeep Forum 6 02-08-2014 08:21 PM
Jeep-Nation in San Antonio & Houston yellow08jk Texas Jeep Forum 4 03-16-2009 07:36 AM
Please help me Houston area Jeepers! BIGNUTT Texas Jeep Forum 0 03-19-2008 11:41 AM
Another Houston Newb 05redlj Texas Jeep Forum 18 02-24-2008 08:12 PM
fab shop in houston? trw Texas Jeep Forum 11 01-02-2008 12:05 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome