Another Houston get together - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Another Houston get together

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-22-2003, 11:14 AM   #166
nxsTJ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwjeep
I am having the same problem with my jeep. I took it to the dealership in Tomball and they were not able to duplicate the problem and the computers did not show anything wrong with my Jeep. IT is frustrating! My jeep is still acting up. I just punch the gas a few times and everything is fine until the next time I get into my jeep.
Fellas, I've been saying I would come out and meet with you all for some time now but something always comes up. I have a feeling I know what's up with your jeeps....after a lot of research and money not well spent I found the problem to be the crankshaft positioning sensor (CPS). My jeep and many others have hsd the same problem and there is really no way to tell until it happens. When the dealership test out your vehicle no problems will show up because nothing is wrong when they go to check it. Acording to the Technical Service Bullentin, after a long drive (30mins-1hour) the CPS will heat up and start to fail or send mixed signals to the CPM which overcompensates by dumping excess fuel into the engine creating the stalling effect. The part at the dealership is $67 and can be easily installed by someone with a wrench and a screwdriver.

If I ever make it out one day I'll promise to give it the once over and check it out for ya.

Regards.

[COLOR=darkred][FONT=palatino linotype][SIZE=2]FOLLOW ME TO CERTAIN DEATH JEEP CLUB MEMBER #8[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[SIZE=2][B][COLOR=red]BIG GUNS[/COLOR] [COLOR=white]AND[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]JEEP [/COLOR]OWNERS OF AMERICA CLUB MEMBER #2[/SIZE][/B]
nxsTJ28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2003, 04:13 PM   #167
Laila
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxsTJ28
Fellas, I've been saying I would come out and meet with you all for some time now but something always comes up. I have a feeling I know what's up with your jeeps....after a lot of research and money not well spent I found the problem to be the crankshaft positioning sensor (CPS). My jeep and many others have hsd the same problem and there is really no way to tell until it happens. When the dealership test out your vehicle no problems will show up because nothing is wrong when they go to check it. Acording to the Technical Service Bullentin, after a long drive (30mins-1hour) the CPS will heat up and start to fail or send mixed signals to the CPM which overcompensates by dumping excess fuel into the engine creating the stalling effect. The part at the dealership is $67 and can be easily installed by someone with a wrench and a screwdriver.

If I ever make it out one day I'll promise to give it the once over and check it out for ya.

Regards.
So if I tell them to check the crankshaft positioning sensor then they should be able to find the problem and fix it? I am sending the jeep to the dealership first thing in the morning. I want to minimize its time there as much as possible by leading them in the right direction so they can fix the problem.

That's perfect though. Thanks for the info. That sounds like exactly what my problem might be.
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Laila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2003, 11:04 AM   #168
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

So any plans for this weekend? I know I have to work at least part of the day on Friday, but I'm still thinking about driving to Shiloh on Friday night and coming back Sat. That's assuming I don't fall of the water tower in the morning. I have to put up some more radio equipment. Also, any luck with the tire guy Al? I think the wheels I bought on ebay are finally on the way.
Unread 12-23-2003, 03:06 PM   #169
Jeepin_Al
DAJC.......Get stuck!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
So any plans for this weekend? I know I have to work at least part of the day on Friday, but I'm still thinking about driving to Shiloh on Friday night and coming back Sat. That's assuming I don't fall of the water tower in the morning. I have to put up some more radio equipment. Also, any luck with the tire guy Al? I think the wheels I bought on ebay are finally on the way.
I might be able to make a trip this weekend, anymore information available? I will be working in Cleveland on Friday so I could leave from there and meet up, let me know, AL
Unread 12-24-2003, 12:05 AM   #170
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Dunno about any more info. I'm hoping to be off work by 2. I have to climb a water tower and put some equipment on the top, but after that I think I'm done and could leave town. That would give me plenty of time for a nice slow drive to Shiloh. I"d rather pull my jeep up there, but I don't have a truck available. Camping might be a bit chilly, but I'm not scared. Is anyone else interested? I could just as easily ride around Spring some more. Or maybe we could all just hang out someplace, drink some beer and eat some food. I swear I've got a real grill down here.
Unread 12-24-2003, 07:55 AM   #171
Jeepin_Al
DAJC.......Get stuck!!!!

Quote:
Dunno about any more info. I'm hoping to be off work by 2. I have to climb a water tower and put some equipment on the top, but after that I think I'm done and could leave town. That would give me plenty of time for a nice slow drive to Shiloh. I"d rather pull my jeep up there, but I don't have a truck available. Camping might be a bit chilly, but I'm not scared. Is anyone else interested? I could just as easily ride around Spring some more. Or maybe we could all just hang out someplace, drink some beer and eat some food. I swear I've got a real grill down here.
I'm up for whatever, get a plan and count me in, cold doesn't bother me till after I get out from under the blankets
Unread 12-24-2003, 01:48 PM   #172
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone else interested? Come on, you know you want to.
Unread 12-24-2003, 02:12 PM   #173
Laila
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Anyone else interested? Come on, you know you want to.

I really want to but I can't go far until I know my Jeep is fixed. I will be getting it back friday after they replace the fuel pump. That's what they think the problem is. I am going to ask them to look over the clutch too while they have it.

I finally got the swaybars reconncected too. I'm so stupid, I didn't cut them both down, I just tried to connect one while the other one was still zip tied. I think I've finally got the process down.

I have a cool video from last weekend. As soon as Tim figures out how I can upload it to the website you can see it. It's a really big file. Too big for email.

Happy Holidays everyone !!!
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Unread 12-24-2003, 04:29 PM   #174
Jeepin_Al
DAJC.......Get stuck!!!!

Lets see some video, I can't wait to see. Hope the Jeep is all good, wishin you the best, AL
Unread 12-24-2003, 09:16 PM   #175
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I think Shiloh might have to wait until the weekend after the first, but I'm up for cruising around the creek on Sat.
Unread 12-25-2003, 11:23 AM   #176
Jeepin_Al
DAJC.......Get stuck!!!!

Quote:
I think Shiloh might have to wait until the weekend after the first, but I'm up for cruising around the creek on Sat.
ok, spring it is, give me a call, anyone else going? Laila, how is the Jeep?
Unread 12-25-2003, 11:41 AM   #177
Laila
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_wldcat_TJ
ok, spring it is, give me a call, anyone else going? Laila, how is the Jeep?

The Jeep is in good hands right now. I really won't know much until Friday. I plan on going Saturday, as long as I get my Jeep back Friday. They said I should get it by noon on Friday. If I have to I'll ride along some of the time so as not to over work my clutch. Want me to bring anything?
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Unread 12-25-2003, 04:51 PM   #178
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffy
The Jeep is in good hands right now. I really won't know much until Friday. I plan on going Saturday, as long as I get my Jeep back Friday. They said I should get it by noon on Friday. If I have to I'll ride along some of the time so as not to over work my clutch. Want me to bring anything?

Beer!

(the 20 character rule is stupid)
Unread 12-26-2003, 07:19 AM   #179
Laila
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Beer!

(the 20 character rule is stupid)

No problem

(That is a stupid rule)
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Unread 12-26-2003, 02:08 PM   #180
rcrupper
2007 JK Wrangler 

ok, as of right now i plan on being there. where and when are we meeting? let me know whats up.

see ya
rob
rcrupper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.