Another Houston get together - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Another Houston get together

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 12-19-2003, 04:37 PM   #151
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, here's a better quality one. The file is just under a meg. I still have to find my adapter for the sound though. I'll fix it soon.
www.pccare-inc.com/tim/video/tim3.wmv

Unread 12-19-2003, 08:33 PM   #152
rgwjeep

I was wanting to meet up with y'all Saturday. Are the plans to meet at Kroger at 1:30?
33" BFG
rgwjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2003, 08:44 PM   #153
rgwjeep

I have a question? It has been a month since I went out to spring creek, but a buddy of mine said that a fence was put up around the creek to keep out people the other day. Is their any truth to that?
33" BFG
Unread 12-19-2003, 10:57 PM   #154
Laila
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I think the plan is to meet some time around 1 at the krogers near exxon.

The problem I was having with my Jeep happened again tonight. I was driving to the other side of town and abour 25 - 30 mins into my trip the gear started jerking like it wouldn't go anymore. Something is wrong with the fuel injection system for sure. I am still coming down there tomorrow but now I know there is something wrong with my jeep. I am taking it to a jeep dealership on Monday to have it looked at. This sucks.
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Laila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2003, 02:06 AM   #155
Jeepin_Al
DAJC.......Get stuck!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffy
I think the plan is to meet some time around 1 at the krogers near exxon.

The problem I was having with my Jeep happened again tonight. I was driving to the other side of town and abour 25 - 30 mins into my trip the gear started jerking like it wouldn't go anymore. Something is wrong with the fuel injection system for sure. I am still coming down there tomorrow but now I know there is something wrong with my jeep. I am taking it to a jeep dealership on Monday to have it looked at. This sucks.
sorry, no more word on the tires, I haven't gotten an answer on the phone. Laila, that sucks, have you run the cleaner through it yet? have you changed your fuel filter? before you start assuming it is the injection you might want to make sure the injectors are getting fuel, just a K.I.S.S. idea, I had a problem like that with my grand am and it was the fuel filter, GL and see you in a few hours, AL
Unread 12-20-2003, 06:34 AM   #156
Laila
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_wldcat_TJ
sorry, no more word on the tires, I haven't gotten an answer on the phone. Laila, that sucks, have you run the cleaner through it yet? have you changed your fuel filter? before you start assuming it is the injection you might want to make sure the injectors are getting fuel, just a K.I.S.S. idea, I had a problem like that with my grand am and it was the fuel filter, GL and see you in a few hours, AL

I ran the cleaner stuff through it. I haven't checked the fuel filter though. As soon as I figure out where the filter is I can do that. If I haven't figured it out by the time I see u , please show me.
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Unread 12-20-2003, 06:45 AM   #157
Laila
1999 TJ Wrangler 

As I have been reading lots of different old posts on the board I see that the fuel filter isn't easy to get to. I am taking it to the dealership on Monday, even though I hate to. And I will tell them to check that out. Hopefully they will figure it out this time. I've taken it in 3 times and they never find anything wrong with it.

See ya'll later. If anyone is late and wants to meet up later call me on my cell phone and we'll tell you where we are. The number is posted a few messages back from last weekend.
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Unread 12-20-2003, 07:01 AM   #158
rgwjeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffy
As I have been reading lots of different old posts on the board I see that the fuel filter isn't easy to get to. I am taking it to the dealership on Monday, even though I hate to. And I will tell them to check that out. Hopefully they will figure it out this time. I've taken it in 3 times and they never find anything wrong with it.

See ya'll later. If anyone is late and wants to meet up later call me on my cell phone and we'll tell you where we are. The number is posted a few messages back from last weekend.
I am having the same problem with my jeep. I took it to the dealership in Tomball and they were not able to duplicate the problem and the computers did not show anything wrong with my Jeep. IT is frustrating! My jeep is still acting up. I just punch the gas a few times and everything is fine until the next time I get into my jeep.
33" BFG
Unread 12-20-2003, 10:10 AM   #159
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

It could also be a clogged catalytic converter (sp?). I've seen them do similar things. Dusty's jeep does the same thing, but most likely his is a cracked fuel pickup. There's a tube that runs down from the fuel pump into the tank and when the gas gets below the crack it sucks air and the jeep runs like crap. Unfortunately the fuel filter is a lifetime filter built into the pump which is on top of the tank. You have to drop everything to get to it. Of course it got cold last night so if you didn't have too much gas in your tank it could be condensation still. I had that problem one winter with my YJ and I kept running additives through it all winter. I never had the problem once the weather got warmer. Anyways, I'll see you guys in a bit. I'm heading that way as soon as I get all my stuff together. I've got a grill, too.
Unread 12-20-2003, 07:40 PM   #160
Laila
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm home now. Thanks guys for all your help. I hope your girlfriends didn't get too bored.

I didn't get many good pictures but the video we have isn't half bad. That first climb that took me a really long time was really boring on the video. Thanks for everyone's patience.

I washed the car and parked it in the garage. I'm worried though. It drove pretty normal home. I still think I smell some kind of burning smell. Don't like that smell. If it smells like that tomorrow I know I'm really in trouble. Let's hope not.
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Unread 12-20-2003, 07:59 PM   #161
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Cool, lemme know when you can send some video and I'll post it. Also keep us updated about that clutch. I don't think it'll be too hard to swap it if we have to. You might want to get a heavier one if you buy a new one.
Unread 12-21-2003, 08:56 AM   #162
Laila
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I was trying to put my swaybars back this morning. But I can't seem to get the sway bar down to where it is supposed to go. It doesn't seem to want to reach that far. I must be doing something wrong since it is not working but I can't figure out what.
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Unread 12-21-2003, 10:01 AM   #163
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

You have to do both sides at once, so did you cut both zip ties? Also you might have to twist them around the other way. If that doesn't work, get someone to stand on that end of the bumper while you try to connect it. The easiest way to do mine involves 3 people: one trying to connect it, one standing on the bumper, and one lifting the other side of the bumper. Now you know why mine's always dico'd.
Unread 12-21-2003, 03:48 PM   #164
Laila
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
You have to do both sides at once, so did you cut both zip ties? Also you might have to twist them around the other way. If that doesn't work, get someone to stand on that end of the bumper while you try to connect it. The easiest way to do mine involves 3 people: one trying to connect it, one standing on the bumper, and one lifting the other side of the bumper. Now you know why mine's always dico'd.

Does the dealership get mad or notice if they get the car with the sway bars disconnected?
Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Unread 12-21-2003, 03:56 PM   #165
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

They might notice, but I doubt they'd say anything. It shouldn't really matter to them. If they do give you some crap about unbolting it for offroading just tell to bite you, that's what a jeep is for anyway.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.