Another Houston get together - Page 1007 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Another Houston get together

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-21-2006, 08:01 PM   #15091
Laila
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92blazn
So did you figure out the e brake I guess?
Yep, just needed to tighten it more.

Hell-Bent Fabrication
DAJC member # 3
Laila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2006, 08:02 PM   #15092
Nickb1907
2000 TJ Wrangler 

really tested it this weekend and going up a 45 degree hill that was sandy i was slipping for about 1/2 a sec. then all of a sudden you feel it kick it(so cool)
Nickb1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2006, 08:13 PM   #15093
92blazn
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickb1907
really tested it this weekend and going up a 45 degree hill that was sandy i was slipping for about 1/2 a sec. then all of a sudden you feel it kick it(so cool)

I just gun it
I'm not actually going for the wheeling, I just want to watch Ed drive his Jeep. :o
92blazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2006, 09:12 PM   #15094
Fool Injected
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well I am out for the beach run, just reserved a hotel in Marble Falls and will be rock crawling at the Long Ranch in Kingsland this weekend. The SHR club is having the monthly club run there, the first time they have been to that location. Seeing how it will be my last outing for a while it was hard to pass on.

Stacy, are you making this run? Is Clint?
Fool Injected is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 08:48 AM   #15095
aaronp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvm
Well, I guess I need to stay out of the For Sale section.

Just bought a Super 35 kit with a a detroit locker and a 4.11 r&p for $350.

Now to find a lunchbox & gears for the front and get them installed.

Then I will be ready to follow Ed and Aaron on the bigger trails.

Jeez, I can barely keep up with you already!

2003 [COLOR="Lime"]Sahara[/COLOR]
THE COMPENSATOR!
aaronp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 08:50 AM   #15096
ImCooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Injected
Stacy, are you making this run? Is Clint?
Nope, and nope.

New baby at the house doesn't let me get too far for too long. Once he gets a little older (and I rebuild my jeep a little differently), then it'll be on like donkey kong!!

Clint just took a new job a couple of weeks ago. I don't think he has the time to take off right now.

Don't worry, though. Mike W. (run leader) is a very good friend of ours. Clint & I actually introduced him to SHR. Todd N. is a pretty good guy, and you'll really enjoy Jay A. You should have a blast, especially around the campfire at night. I know you got a motel room, but try to stick around the campfire for as long as possible. It'll be worth it.

Stacy

2000 TJ Sahara - Lifted, Locked, and sucking the life out of my bank account!
ImCooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 08:51 AM   #15097
kingvm
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronp
Jeez, I can barely keep up with you already!
Yea, but you have a garage full of toys to fix that.

I can't let you get too far ahead.
Unread 03-22-2006, 08:55 AM   #15098
aaronp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvm
Yea, but you have a garage full of toys to fix that.

I can't let you get too far ahead.

Yeah, it'll probably only be another 10 years or so before I get everything I need.

THE COMPENSATOR!
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:11 AM   #15099
92blazn
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCooter
Nope, and nope.

New baby at the house doesn't let me get too far for too long. Once he gets a little older (and I rebuild my jeep a little differently), then it'll be on like donkey kong!!

Clint just took a new job a couple of weeks ago. I don't think he has the time to take off right now.

Don't worry, though. Mike W. (run leader) is a very good friend of ours. Clint & I actually introduced him to SHR. Todd N. is a pretty good guy, and you'll really enjoy Jay A. You should have a blast, especially around the campfire at night. I know you got a motel room, but try to stick around the campfire for as long as possible. It'll be worth it.

Stacy

Stacy, I will get with you next week say Thursday? let me know if that ok, Or if your on this side of town this weekend? I can meet you some were for that linkage?

Also any one got a Adj rear track bar laying around they dont need?
I'm not actually going for the wheeling, I just want to watch Ed drive his Jeep. :o
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:28 AM   #15100
AirEvac1
2004 TJ Wrangler 

DANG!!

I missed two days and I'm all caught up - SO -

1. what's this other forum that was briefly mentioned?

2. I WILL be at Gilmer!! (My mom is coming in town and I eventold her - too bad - you got akey to my house...just make yourself comfy!)

3. Saturday sounds fun - that is a possibility - I suggest the place Tim is talking about - we had fun out there and building a fire on the beach is cool (But Brad has another dang softball tourny - so I'll have to see how bad he wants me to sit and watch him!) Hee hee - he just tried to make me feel a little guilty about GIlmer weekend - I said - Hmmmmmm wheeling weekend or a day of watching YOU play softball for 10 hours - Think I'll take the wheeling option!

OH! and hello everybody!
[COLOR=Blue]Texas[/COLOR] [COLOR=White]Jeep[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Owners[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Club[/COLOR] [COLOR=White]Member[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]#19[/COLOR]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Blue]Air Force Jeep Club Member #20[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=Yellow]Yellow Jeep Club Member #21[/COLOR]
04 Sport, Danna 44 Heavy Rear, 31" BFG AT's, Pioneer stereo, Rockford Fosgates overhead and of course a cheap CB to chat with folks on the trail.
[COLOR=DarkRed]Some people are like Slinkies...
Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs. [/COLOR]
AirEvac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:50 AM   #15101
Fool Injected
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ok guys, need some help here. Im new to all this bead lock stuff but I apparently drunkenly told my tire guy I wanted some Nitto Mud Grapplers and he just called me and said they were in!!! It was my understanding that they were unavailable because Nitto/Toyo have been relocating their manufacturing plant from overseas to Georgia (yay for them getting away from the cheap overseas labor). Anyway, he located 5 tires from various states and so here I sit with a new set of tires in Houston.

My dilemma is this: I initially was going to put them on a set of American Racing's teflon coated wheels but after Gilmer and the like I have pretty much decided on beadlocks.

What beadlocks are viable options - I want good wheels. The tires are 35x12.50-18's. I know that is a big wheel, hopefully they make beadlocks in that size.

I would prefer black wheels but if I have to I will just get them raw and have them powder coated along with my roll cage. I know Walker Evans sells raw ones.

Thanks guys.
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:56 AM   #15102
Fool Injected
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well crap, it does not look as if they make 18" bead locks. Im never drinkin again!!! Oh well, guess I will just wait on the bead locks for when I do new axles and a stretch.
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:57 AM   #15103
92blazn
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirEvac1
DANG!!

2. I WILL be at Gilmer!! (My mom is coming in town and I eventold her - too bad - you got akey to my house...just make yourself comfy!)

3. Saturday sounds fun - that is a possibility - I suggest the place Tim is talking about - we had fun out there and building a fire on the beach is cool (But Brad has another dang softball tourny - so I'll have to see how bad he wants me to sit and watch him!) Hee hee - he just tried to make me feel a little guilty about GIlmer weekend - I said - Hmmmmmm wheeling weekend or a day of watching YOU play softball for 10 hours - Think I'll take the wheeling option!

OH! and hello everybody!
U take the heep to the dealer?
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:57 AM   #15104
aaronp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirEvac1
DANG!!

OH! and hello everybody!
Denise is already whipped!

THE COMPENSATOR!
Unread 03-22-2006, 10:01 AM   #15105
92blazn
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Injected
Well crap, it does not look as if they make 18" bead locks. Im never drinkin again!!! Oh well, guess I will just wait on the bead locks for when I do new axles and a stretch.

I think they make 18" beadlocks just poke around on tire rack or just give nick a call real fast and see whats out there, but my guess is they are not going to be CHEAP

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.