JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Texas Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/)
-   -   Another Houston get together (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/another-houston-get-together-56825/)

Jeepin_Al 10-27-2003 03:58 PM

Another Houston get together
 
Last time I was out at spring I got so much mud on the inside of my Jeep I actually washed the whole thing and got it waxed even and now no one believes I go wheelin, when is the next get together and who is coming? I am pretty excited about hitting up the area's that the locals showed us, even if they aren't really "competition" trails in the most literal sense of the word. Who is in and when? AL

BTW, why don't any of the XJ's or ZJ's join up?

SlinkyTJ 10-27-2003 05:20 PM

I'm up for it. I still think that since the weather is cooler we should take a weekend trip up to Shiloh or someplace like that. They have a lot of trails like the one the guy in the ranger showed us. There's a lot bigger hills, too, and a couple little rock gardens to stretch out in.

Jeepin_Al 10-27-2003 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
I'm up for it. I still think that since the weather is cooler we should take a weekend trip up to Shiloh or someplace like that. They have a lot of trails like the one the guy in the ranger showed us. There's a lot bigger hills, too, and a couple little rock gardens to stretch out in.

sounds great to me, when are you up to it? anyone else?

SlinkyTJ 10-28-2003 05:17 PM

14 veiws and I don't think it's been all me an Al. Come on you guys, I know someone else wants to try some new stuff... or at least just hang out with us again since we're so cool and all. :D

weallwentmental 10-29-2003 01:45 PM

new guy
 
yeah, i have been tryin to post a message on here, but it keeps on givin me errors. so i keep comin back and tryin again, but cant get this to work right...anyways, i live in seabrook (down by kemah and stuff) and i am buyin a 78 cj5 next week. i would love to go wheelin with yall some time. Ya gotta lemme know a little bit in advance before we go though. I usually work weekends, but i can get out of that with a few days notice.

weallwentmental 10-29-2003 01:52 PM

oh, and i have no clue where shiloh or this spring creek place is, and the cj i am buying is just stock, but i wanna see what it will do, and try to tear some stuff up (it is a rustbucket). As long as i can tow it back home, i am up for whatever.

Jeepin_Al 10-29-2003 03:04 PM

Sounds cool, there are lots of beat up old CJ's out there in spring and I am trying to figure out if we can tow a couple of Jeeps up there for a trip to shiloh. send a PM and I will send my phone number, hopefully we can catch up soon, AL

BTW, when are we trying to get this shin dig together? North Texas in December might be a little chilly.

SlinkyTJ 10-29-2003 10:13 PM

I'm ready whenever. I just got some new lights on windshield mounts and a new raingler net. Although I no longer have a spare. The *** end of my jeep rides real rough right now without that extra weight. Hopefully I'll have a winch on there pretty soon and I finally settled on a front bumper. I just gotta wait a bit to pick it up.

Jeepin_Al 10-30-2003 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
I'm ready whenever. I just got some new lights on windshield mounts and a new raingler net. Although I no longer have a spare. The *** end of my jeep rides real rough right now without that extra weight. Hopefully I'll have a winch on there pretty soon and I finally settled on a front bumper. I just gotta wait a bit to pick it up.

sounds cool, I am getting some work done on my Jeep this weekend myself by my favorite mechanic (me) and hopefully will be done with it by saturday, a buddy of mine told me about a place out at the end of 1960, anyone interested? I don't know what the deal is or if it is alot of just mud but it might be worth a check out. If anyone has been out that way chime in. How about a Sunday run? It looks like it is just me and Tim so far, anyone else?

edit: Why in the world are you going to have a raingler net, you never take the roof off.........that just came to me

SlinkyTJ 10-30-2003 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ_wldcat_TJ
sounds cool, I am getting some work done on my Jeep this weekend myself by my favorite mechanic (me) and hopefully will be done with it by saturday, a buddy of mine told me about a place out at the end of 1960, anyone interested? I don't know what the deal is or if it is alot of just mud but it might be worth a check out. If anyone has been out that way chime in. How about a Sunday run? It looks like it is just me and Tim so far, anyone else?

edit: Why in the world are you going to have a raingler net, you never take the roof off.........that just came to me

Sunday is cool with me. And I take the top off all the time, just not when I might get dirty. :D Actually, I had the top off the time before the last time I went up there and it was a long loud drive to get there. :D

Jeepin_Al 10-30-2003 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
Sunday is cool with me. And I take the top off all the time, just not when I might get dirty. :D Actually, I had the top off the time before the last time I went up there and it was a long loud drive to get there. :D

you know you might be better off getting a hard top vehicle.ford maybe?

SlinkyTJ 10-30-2003 04:16 PM

How about I just get myself a monster truck and squash that little jeep of yours. :D

Jeepin_Al 10-30-2003 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
How about I just get myself a monster truck and squash that little jeep of yours. :D

little? my jeep aint little, who you callin little.............lol, back to the subject, who wants to go sunday?

Jeepin_Al 10-31-2003 11:24 AM

seeing as no one seems to really want to get with us, how about heading out to Shiloh? I have been looking at their site all day and just have the urge to go somewhere new. anyone interested?

SlinkyTJ 10-31-2003 11:39 AM

I could maybe head out on Sat, camp overnight and head back sometime Sunday. I'll have to see what I've got going on. I'm gonna take my daughter trick-or-treating tonight. :D


The time now is 05:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.