Wheelin near Norman? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Oklahoma Jeep Forum > Wheelin near Norman?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
aslack99
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Wheelin near Norman?

Well, two posts in OK. Apparently we have very few spots to wheel in OK. Does anywhere know any places near Norman to go wheelin?

aslack99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
wheelin
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I dont know of any LEGAL places to wheel around norman, except maybe the canadian river.
Unread 07-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
rlpetty43
2001 WJ 

59th and douglas near tinker
rlpetty43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
patrick66
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Draper has some trails that are open to 4x4s and ATVs.
patrick66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #5
Darkmoon

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Sundog Trails in Purcell/Lexington...just a short drive from Norman.

1999 TJ "Diablo Rojo"

RC 4" Suspension Lift, JKS 1.25" Body Lift, G2 Rear Dana 44 with4.88 gears and Auburn ECTED Max Locker and Disc Brake Conversion, Front Auburn ECTED MAX Locker, MORE 1" Motor Mount Lift, Off Road Only U-Turn Crossover Steering, Pro Comp Front Track Bar, Terraflex Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms, Blumenthals Custom Rear Driveshaft, JKS Extended Brake Lines, JKS Bar Pin Eliminator - Front & Rear, JKS Shock Conversion, MORE Steering Brace, TeraFlex Sway Bar System, ARB Snorkel, Purple Cranium Differential Spyder Skid, 35x12.50x15 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2's on 15 X 8 Black Pro Comp Street Beads Wheels, Rancho Shocks and Steering Stabilizer, Smittybilt Front & Rear Bumpers, Smittybilt XRC 8 Comp Winch, Skid Row Offroad Radiator Guard, Skid Row Lower Control Arm Skids, Warn Steering Box Skid, Poison Spyder Custom Crusher Corners, Front Fenders & Ricochet Rockers,12 Volt Guy Incab Winch Control, and much more...
Darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2011, 12:30 AM   #6
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

There are a few access points to the river in norman, or up and down the river. The place in Lexington is a pay to play but you are free to roam the river as you wish. A friend of mine has access in Norman, we have made a few runs to south to Purcell and North past the turnpike bridge this year. I am probably going to be out there Saturday too. This time of year the river crossings are very low (less than a 1ft deep) maybe one or two a little deeper than that (watch out for holes though). It should not be a problem even when stock. Biggest problem would probably be the deep blow sands, they can bog down low horsepower, little tire, or open diff vehicles.

Speaking of holes here is a youtube vid of a friend of mine, they did not follow all the other tracks and tried to take a short cut through the water. This was about a month ago. About 20ft to the right of the blazer the crossing was about 1.5ft deep.

Been awile since I have been to Draper, but it used to be pretty cool with a lot of trails and even a few rock ledges, I dont know if all the old stuff is still open.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
aslack99
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I went to the river via Lexington with some friends on atv's and had a good time: Needed to air down!

aslack99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.