Selling the Jeep to start the next project - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Oklahoma Jeep Forum > Selling the Jeep to start the next project

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 11-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
Seeyal8r
1982 CJ5 

Cj Selling the Jeep to start the next project

CL Ad
$12,000
Jeep runs great. Cruises 50 mph on the highway no problem will run 65-70 but lets face it thats not what its intended for. I usually backroad.

I have a 1982 Jeep CJ5 Laredo
Started as a stock black laredo from New Mexico before being bought by a guy in Colorado who built most of what it is today.
4" Rough Country lift
New Shocks
mickey thompson faux beadlocks 33 12.5 15" TSL Boggers that have roughly 3,000 miles on them and are probably 70% left with matching spare.
All fluids changed 100 miles ago.
Rear Axle is stock with a detroit locker
front axle is stock
All U-joints recently replaced
All front bearings replaced
Hella Ralleye Driving lights and fog lights
has 28 Puck Style LED rock lights underneath
18 gallon RCI fuel Cell
Nice stereo with everything mounted in console
has best top soft top, rag top, back window, and taneau cover.
custom half doors
Has a weber carburetor that keeps it from flooding.
underside and inside tub coated with bedliner
outside painted with Pearl and then Overcoated with house of colors Tangerine.
Exo bars, roll cage, bumpers all painted black and touched up occasionally with rattle can.
Smittybuilt XRC 8 Winch
HiLift Jack
Fire Extinguisher
5 point race seats
Custom Roll Cage
Lockable Console
4-Speed with Lo-Lo Range

Plenty of stuff I'm leaving off i'm sure.
Specs 1982 Jeep CJ-5 Laredo 4.2L specs, performance and photo (since middle 1981 for North America U.S.

The pics were last year at a oklahoma state university car show featuring black and orange vehicles so I had detailed it pretty well. I've put a couple hundred dusty dirt road miles on it since so it needs a washing but it is still identical to the pics.

As far as damage goes the bars are scratched from brush, trees, and the occasional rock. There is a small rust spot under the windshield (typical for these) and without some major body work (taking glass out, fixing with bondo, repainting, reinstalling glass) its not worth messing with to me until it gets a lot worse. And I keep it in the garage out of the rain.

I've broken a few U-Joints and finally figured out that it was caused by some loose u-bolts between the rear axle and spring which was allowing some axle twist under load and pinching the needle bearings. Once I tightened the bolts it hasn't had issue. Also broke a factory motor mount so I replaced all the motor, tranny, and body mounts with polyeurethane ones. When the motor mount broke the fan went into the radiator so it has a small pin hole that was repaired. I wore out the front driver side outer bearings and I think they were original so I replaced them.

Let's see.... I can't think of anything else at the moment that's been broken but I'm sure there has been something.

This jeep is very well maintained and has 4,000 miles on the odometer since the full professional engine rebuild. Ready to go today.
Email with any Questions.

dscn04331.jpg

Seeyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
DaJeeper

Nice Jeep.. !!
DaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.