Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

n00b from Broken Arrow

27K views 299 replies 11 participants last post by  XJkid01 
#1 ·
How's it going guys? Just bought a 99 XJ with a lot of future plans. Googled to see if there were any guys local that go out wheeling, and this site popped up. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and maybe hitting some trails!

#173 ·
Hey thanks fellers - the leg was pretty gruesome. Thankfully the head was superficial, although it looked pretty gruesome as well.

Man...of course it would have been much better if alcohol had not been in the equation, but what a freak ****ing accident...one minute you're standing there, the next minute you can't get up :D

Was pulling a 3 point u-turn on the trail, and hit a rut as I was making the reverse section...threw me out of jeep, except that my left ankle was caught up in the pedal assembly.

Jeep was still in reverse gear and drug my body (bending leg in all kinds of "not correct" manners) far enough that the front tire finally got some purchase on something...my face :D

After that, it was just a tug-of-war and it seems the tibia, just below the kneecap, was the weakest link in the chain.

Thankfully once that came loose, the jeep let go and back-idled off into the sunset...lol.

Willis and other thought I had up and left them in the lurch. Took them a while to find jeep in weeds, and then backtrack to find me.., and really perhaps fortunate that they didn't run me over some more as I was laying in some weeds and couldn't move.

Preciate the kind words and offers for help - I think the wife was worried about the jeep sitting for extended time, but I think babyjeep will be okay until I can have a closer look at the brake light switch. Doors and top are still kind of screwed from the rollover anyway, so I don't mind it sitting if it will give me a little time to get the new stuff in anyway.

#174 ·
Hey thanks fellers - the leg was pretty gruesome. Thankfully the head was superficial, although it looked pretty gruesome as well.

Man...of course it would have been much better if alcohol had not been in the equation, but what a freak ****ing accident...one minute you're standing there, the next minute you can't get up :D

Was pulling a 3 point u-turn on the trail, and hit a rut as I was making the reverse section...threw me out of jeep, except that my left ankle was caught up in the pedal assembly.

Jeep was still in reverse gear and drug my body (bending leg in all kinds of "not correct" manners) far enough that the front tire finally got some purchase on something...my face :D

After that, it was just a tug-of-war and it seems the tibia, just below the kneecap, was the weakest link in the chain.

Thankfully once that came loose, the jeep let go and back-idled off into the sunset...lol.

Willis and other thought I had up and left them in the lurch. Took them a while to find jeep in weeds, and then backtrack to find me.., and really perhaps fortunate that they didn't run me over some more as I was laying in some weeds and couldn't move.

Preciate the kind words and offers for help - I think the wife was worried about the jeep sitting for extended time, but I think babyjeep will be okay until I can have a closer look at the brake light switch. Doors and top are still kind of screwed from the rollover anyway, so I don't mind it sitting if it will give me a little time to get the new stuff in anyway.
Dang that is crazy! Just glad your ok!! :2thumbsup:

here is a pic for you to drool over...:cool:

Attachments

#176 ·
Thanks again for the kind words...probably get released tomorrow, then they want no weight on the left leg for 6 weeks :eek:. Give me time to get repairs done I guess. :D

#184 ·
Hey thanks fellers, but I got a lot to do today (PT, bathe, etc) and between all that I'm going to try to rest up for work tomorrow.

I might try and do a little work on the Heep next weekend though, holiday plans permitting, if you guys want to try to get together sometime then. :)

#189 ·
Jealous :D.

I can hope we'll get some more later in the season when I'm driving again....if any you fellers get out for some good samaritan recovery runs, give me a holler, would love to do a ride-along. :thumbsup:

#198 ·
I'm dying to get back out there but I bet Feb might be a stretch for me unless I do a ride-along...probably later in the spring otherwise. Is there another event out there in Feb?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.