n00b from Broken Arrow - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Oklahoma Jeep Forum > n00b from Broken Arrow

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 12-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #166
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looking good Ronny! Im itching to get out as well, butg there was a problem with my transfer case and it wont be here till next week Guess i should tell those of you who know Rik (slackjaw) about his situation. Last saturday night behind Lowes, somehow..we dont know because nobody saw it, Riks jeep rolled over the side of his face and his left knee. He has been in the hospital since saturday night. His wife has been texting me updates on his situation. His head is ok (other than the giant tire tread mark accross his face), but his knee is bad. They operated on it yesterday, and from what his wife says, had to put alot of metal in it. A second surgury will be needed as well. So anyway, he is going to be out of comission for awhile. Anyway, have good thoughts for him

willis36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #167
Deadhead88
2010 JK Wrangler 

Best wishes to him. And a speedy recovery
Deadhead88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #168
BA-XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Oh Crap! He posted he was out there just didn't know about this. Tell him were all pulling for his speedy recovery!
BA-XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #169
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Man that sucks. I hope he is back in action soon. I thought it had been rather quiet on here lately. I know its too early, but if he wants or can have visitors I would go.
stockerokie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #170
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

He is out of the hospital and back home, but has to have his second surgery
wednesday. Im going over there saturday afternoon to put the top and doors on his jeep so his wife can drive it. Also the brake lights are staying on, so i have to get that figured out. If anyone wants to come with me they are more than welcome, just let me know.
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #171
BA-XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

what time saturday? The boys have basketball games between 4:00 - 5:00
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #172
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm helping a buddy with his truck. He apparently has oil spewing out the back of the block somewhere. Yikes! I hope its just the oil pressure sending unit is cracked. I will give you guys a call if we get it taken care of.
Unread 12-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #173
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey thanks fellers - the leg was pretty gruesome. Thankfully the head was superficial, although it looked pretty gruesome as well.

Man...of course it would have been much better if alcohol had not been in the equation, but what a freak ****ing accident...one minute you're standing there, the next minute you can't get up

Was pulling a 3 point u-turn on the trail, and hit a rut as I was making the reverse section...threw me out of jeep, except that my left ankle was caught up in the pedal assembly.

Jeep was still in reverse gear and drug my body (bending leg in all kinds of "not correct" manners) far enough that the front tire finally got some purchase on something...my face

After that, it was just a tug-of-war and it seems the tibia, just below the kneecap, was the weakest link in the chain.

Thankfully once that came loose, the jeep let go and back-idled off into the sunset...lol.

Willis and other thought I had up and left them in the lurch. Took them a while to find jeep in weeds, and then backtrack to find me.., and really perhaps fortunate that they didn't run me over some more as I was laying in some weeds and couldn't move.

Preciate the kind words and offers for help - I think the wife was worried about the jeep sitting for extended time, but I think babyjeep will be okay until I can have a closer look at the brake light switch. Doors and top are still kind of screwed from the rollover anyway, so I don't mind it sitting if it will give me a little time to get the new stuff in anyway.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #174
BA-XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
Hey thanks fellers - the leg was pretty gruesome. Thankfully the head was superficial, although it looked pretty gruesome as well.

Man...of course it would have been much better if alcohol had not been in the equation, but what a freak ****ing accident...one minute you're standing there, the next minute you can't get up

Was pulling a 3 point u-turn on the trail, and hit a rut as I was making the reverse section...threw me out of jeep, except that my left ankle was caught up in the pedal assembly.

Jeep was still in reverse gear and drug my body (bending leg in all kinds of "not correct" manners) far enough that the front tire finally got some purchase on something...my face

After that, it was just a tug-of-war and it seems the tibia, just below the kneecap, was the weakest link in the chain.

Thankfully once that came loose, the jeep let go and back-idled off into the sunset...lol.

Willis and other thought I had up and left them in the lurch. Took them a while to find jeep in weeds, and then backtrack to find me.., and really perhaps fortunate that they didn't run me over some more as I was laying in some weeds and couldn't move.

Preciate the kind words and offers for help - I think the wife was worried about the jeep sitting for extended time, but I think babyjeep will be okay until I can have a closer look at the brake light switch. Doors and top are still kind of screwed from the rollover anyway, so I don't mind it sitting if it will give me a little time to get the new stuff in anyway.
Dang that is crazy! Just glad your ok!!

here is a pic for you to drool over...
imagescaggtzz2.jpg  
Unread 12-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #175
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Glad your still alive! It's sounds like one crazy trip. I hope you get back in action soon.
Unread 12-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #176
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks again for the kind words...probably get released tomorrow, then they want no weight on the left leg for 6 weeks . Give me time to get repairs done I guess.
Unread 12-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #177
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Its alive!!! Glad everything came out ok! I might roll by sometime this weekend to see what your up to and to make fun of you! But seriously, if you need anything just let me know and i will be glad to help. But i will still make fun of you...
Unread 12-14-2012, 05:42 AM   #178
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Is Mrs SlackJaw getting a hot nurse uniform for Christmas? Lol
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #179
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Lolz

I just got home today for good,
yeh you fellers feel free to call or come by anytime.
Unread 12-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #180
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Good to hear your back home, i will try and come by saturday, if not sunday. Was supposed to be off sat, but i screwed something up today and have to go in tommorow to deal with it Anyway, im sure LORi is treating you fanTABoulous!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.