Moving to Broken Arrow - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Oklahoma Jeep Forum > Moving to Broken Arrow

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Reply
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #16
TexanTJ
Uncensored & Honest
 
TexanTJ's Avatar
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , Fema Region 6
Posts: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
gimme holler if you ever want to chance it out at Chandler...although word is they've actually been ticketing out there more, recently.

I met another BA jeeper on here, but we haven't met up yet - hoping to this week if you're interested in a get together.
A few months back I spent a few hours searching for the entrance out at chandler and never found it. I'd be down for cruising out there to check it out, and also for a little get together with some other members. Since moving here in August I've been deprived of my Jeepin buddies from back home.

On a side note, I picked up this little beauty tonight for $600 ...


1988 Comanche, 4.0, AX15, 2wd, runs like a top. Im going to swap the axles/tcase/ tires/ lift from the Cherokee over to the manche. Cherokee hasn't ran right since I bought it last month. If anyone ever gets bored and wants to lend a hand/drink some beers, feel free to pm me.

After the swap I will be getting rid of the XJ, so if anyone in the area wants a straight roller with a clean title let me know.

__________________
2014 JKU Sport - Wife's Mall Crawler on 35s
1999 F250 7.3 - KT Performance Tuned TS 5-Pos - 1/4 Million Miles and Counting
"I am not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance."
TexanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #17
SlackJaw
baby jeep
 
SlackJaw's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 5,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanTJ View Post
A few months back I spent a few hours searching for the entrance out at chandler and never found it. I'd be down for cruising out there to check it out, and also for a little get together with some other members. Since moving here in August I've been deprived of my Jeepin buddies from back home.

On a side note, I picked up this little beauty tonight for $600 ...


1988 Comanche, 4.0, AX15, 2wd, runs like a top. Im going to swap the axles/tcase/ tires/ lift from the Cherokee over to the manche. Cherokee hasn't ran right since I bought it last month. If anyone ever gets bored and wants to lend a hand/drink some beers, feel free to pm me.

After the swap I will be getting rid of the XJ, so if anyone in the area wants a straight roller with a clean title let me know.
hey dude, sent you a PM a few days back. There are 4 or 5 of us on for some wheeling out there tomorrow. gimme holler if you get this in time.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #18
ChessHess
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Coweta, OK
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbentley2 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I will be moving to Broken Arrow in mid July. Looking to link up with some folks out there.

-Justin
Hey, I'm a few miles over in Coweta and new to Jeepin'. email me if you ever wanna go somewhere and ride. We are also going to Hogan's in Disney next Friday. Posting the ride on another thread.
ChessHess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #19
ChessHess
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Coweta, OK
Posts: 4
Coweta, OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
shoot me a PM

I grew up here, then moved around a bit, including CA for 3 years or so...

back in B.A. since 2005, but a newb to Jeep only this month.

I'm new to this thing too and looking ot make some contacts. I'm over in Coweta. let me know if you ever plan a ride. We're heading to Hogan's next Friday if u wanna join
ChessHess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #20
ChessHess
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Coweta, OK
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
Disney isn't too far from there .
headed there next Fri 6/29 if u wanna join
ChessHess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #21
SlackJaw
baby jeep
 
SlackJaw's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 5,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessHess View Post
I'm new to this thing too and looking ot make some contacts. I'm over in Coweta. let me know if you ever plan a ride. We're heading to Hogan's next Friday if u wanna join
seriously, I might be up for that.

Just went last weekend for a quick up-and-back trip, and still feeling a little unsatisfied. Had a total blast though. I'll shoot my number on PM here in a bit.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #22
TJRHD
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,617
dang, i will be back to work by then. Thanks for the invite.
__________________
NOT A HATER
TJRHD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #23
catmechanic
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oil Capitol, USA
Posts: 304
I've been wheeling at Chandler park for 10 years now and never had anything more than a few residents look at you cross eyed when you drive to the entrance. Disney is a pretty nice spot but small for anything more than a day trip. Super lift Offroad Park in Arkansas is a good place too. Lots of organized events and not too far to drive. Oh yeah, welcome to T-town.
catmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #24
SlackJaw
baby jeep
 
SlackJaw's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 5,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by catmechanic View Post
I've been wheeling at Chandler park for 10 years now and never had anything more than a few residents look at you cross eyed when you drive to the entrance. Disney is a pretty nice spot but small for anything more than a day trip. Super lift Offroad Park in Arkansas is a good place too. Lots of organized events and not too far to drive. Oh yeah, welcome to T-town.
couple of questions for you:

That place in Arkansas sounds cool - do they do safety check and require CBs and all that?

When the last time you were out at Chandler? We were out a saturday afternoon about 2 months ago and found it odd that we didn't run into anyone else. Also saw some fresh horse droppings. After the fact, we had a report from one of the residents there that the cops were out on horseback that morning. A week or two after that, another report that they had some jeeps stopped at the entrance.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #25
catmechanic
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oil Capitol, USA
Posts: 304
Last time I went to the Superlift ORP they did require a safety check, but it was for an organized event. I'm not sure if they do on a daily use basis. You might check their website: http://www.orvpark.com/

As for chandler, we were there this past Saturday. We saw some people hiking and a few mountain bikers and all were friendly, as were we. Guess we won't know for certain until we encounter the law. It'd suck if they get really nasty about it. It's a great place to wheel nice and close to town. Only about 15 minutes for me.
catmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #26
SlackJaw
baby jeep
 
SlackJaw's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 5,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by catmechanic
Last time I went to the Superlift ORP they did require a safety check, but it was for an organized event. I'm not sure if they do on a daily use basis. You might check their website: http://www.orvpark.com/

As for chandler, we were there this past Saturday. We saw some people hiking and a few mountain bikers and all were friendly, as were we. Guess we won't know for certain until we encounter the law. It'd suck if they get really nasty about it. It's a great place to wheel nice and close to town. Only about 15 minutes for me.
Agreed on all points. May have to get out there again then Thanks for the info.
__________________
Can you afford the car? Have I provided you all the information you need on the car? Do you like the car? Then buy the car.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #27
catmechanic
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oil Capitol, USA
Posts: 304
Saturday we had one hiker walk by while we were airing down just inside the entrance and was very friendly. then had a noob roll both passenger tires off the bead on his yj near the big open area north of the power lines. We were there for about an hour and a half undoing that mess and two seperate groups of mountain bikers came by. both waved and made friendly remarks about his misfortune. My guess is it's a relative few busy bodies making complaints and most people don't really care if we are there or not. The police get complaints from the few and are obligated to come out. After all, that's the way government works... Policy for the masses based on the complainings and feelings of a few.
catmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #28
SlackJaw
baby jeep
 
SlackJaw's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 5,232
Yeh...it's a shame the owner doesn't open it up to public, I hear Tulsa Off-Road has approached them in the past about maintaining the area.
__________________
Can you afford the car? Have I provided you all the information you need on the car? Do you like the car? Then buy the car.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #29
jmb6420
Engr. & Mechanic
 
jmb6420's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Posts: 559
I was told by a Deputy Sheriff about a month ago ...... "No motorized vehicles of any kind at any time in Chandler Park" No ticket, but I took the warning.
__________________
Mike
08 Rubicon Red Jeep Club #629

"You can't fix stupid" Ron White

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
jmb6420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #30
catmechanic
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oil Capitol, USA
Posts: 304
I know it's short notice, but there is a group of us wheeling chandler park tomorrow. Meet at 7:00 AM at the 33rd W. ave Quicktrip (diagonal across the intersection from Sam's Offroad) if you are interested. 4 jeeps so far, would love to see some new faces there.
catmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.