Looking to get some gears - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Oklahoma Jeep Forum > Looking to get some gears

The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Check out our NEW Steering Stuff!

Unread 02-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #46
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNamesPITT
AHHHHHHHHHH I need new control arms!!!!!!! Looks like its time to either buy a long arm upgrade kit or some JJ's and DOM and get welding!
Long arm would be awesome!

stockerokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #47
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNamesPITT View Post
Wait on the 44, it sucks doing things twice!
+1, unless you got other serious issues.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #48
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I just picked up me jeep. The difference is amazing. Can't wheel for a while, but when I can its on!
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #49
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockerokie View Post
I just picked up me jeep. The difference is amazing. Can't wheel for a while, but when I can its on!
How did it do this weekend? everything still holding together?
willis36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #50
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Everything is great! I have about 120 miles on them this weekend. I had some leaks in the compressor side of things, but they where easy to take care of. I can hit 70 at around 2500 rpm.

I hope you guys had a great weekend, and nobody broke anything.
Unread 03-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #51
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Everything is great! I have about 120 miles on them this weekend. I had some leaks in the compressor side of things, but they where easy to take care of. I can hit 70 at around 2500 rpm.

I hope you guys had a great weekend, and nobody broke anything.
We had a great time, wish it didnt have to end. Curtis trashed his motor and broke a lower control arm mount of his front axle. Todd broke a spider gear in his d35. I think the next stop for curtis's jeep will be the salvage yard, its done....
Unread 03-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #52
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willis36 View Post
I think the next stop for curtis's jeep will be the salvage yard, its done....
I am here to vouch for that I think he burned through 5 quarts of oil in 1/2 day's wheeling.
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #53
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

5 quarts! Well at least he was changing the oil regularly. At least Todd didn't break an axle, but I guess it's not a c clip anyway. SJ how were the new tires?
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #54
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
5 quarts! Well at least he was changing the oil regularly. At least Todd didn't break an axle, but I guess it's not a c clip anyway. SJ how were the new tires?
well I'm assuming he burned it all up...he said it was clattering by the time he parked it. I'm pretty sure I breathed in 2 or 3 quarts worth just riding behind him...

dude the procomp extreme MT2s performed really well, I was kind of surprised. Very pleased with them.
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #55
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So I've been trying to put the miles on the regear and have notice a in the seat of your pants drone above 60. I have removed the front drive shaft and its as smooth as glass up to 75. Thats as fast as I felt like going. So I hope all is need is to balance the shaft. haha. I have replace the u-joint and centering ball. I hope thats all. Regear is perfect though.
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #56
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So I've been trying to put the miles on the regear and have notice a in the seat of your pants drone above 60. I have removed the front drive shaft and its as smooth as glass up to 75. Thats as fast as I felt like going. So I hope all is need is to balance the shaft. haha. I have replace the u-joint and centering ball. I hope thats all. Regear is perfect though.
You might just need to fine tune your pinion angle a bit to get rid of the vibes. With your double adjustable upper arms, should be easy. You might just need to give them a turn or two in or out and for them to be fine. I recently had my front shaft balanced and it actually vivbrates worse than before.....argh!!!
Unread 03-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #57
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well I guess that would require me putting the front UCA on. I need to get a couple more bolts from savvy. I guess you just drill out the bushing in the axle side.? I'm taking the driveshaft in today. Ill see what they say. I bet a new shaft would be better than that old stocker, but ill see if the old one will balance.
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #58
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I picked up the driveshaft. It was out .040 on the axle side and .025 on the TC side. I will install it tonight and see how it goes.
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #59
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

No more vibes. I can run 75 no prob. I bet it smoother than when I bought it. Good day!
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #60
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Your a lucky man, wish i could go that fast without vibes Now do a tummy tuck and raise that driveline about three inches and report back....hehe Which shop balanced your shaft? I had Drive Shafts Inc on 11th do mine and i dont know what the hell they did to it, but its going back to them for sure.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.