Flareless laws? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Oklahoma Jeep Forum > Flareless laws?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
edmonddantes
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Flareless laws?

I have a 04 tj with 33x12.50 tires, a week or two ago I took off my front and rear flares, and I like the way it looks.
I've seen what looks like a lot of jeeps around Oklahoma running flareless.
Are their any laws that I'd be breaking by leaving them off?

Thanks, Andrew.

edmonddantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #2
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

I think most of the LEO's are going to be pretty relaxed about this law. I know of a couple times people got stopped for it and one of them was in the rain because he was throwing rooster tails up behind him. You never know if you are going to find the guy that is willing to throw the book at you or just let it go with maybe a warning or something.

Oklahoma Statutes Citationized
Title 47. Motor Vehicles
Chapter 12 - Equipment of Vehicles
Article Article 4 - Other Equipment
Section 12-405.3 - Vehicles Without Fenders Over Rearmost Wheels - Rubber Or Fabric Apron Required

All vehicles or combination of vehicles operating on the highways, except animal-drawn vehicles, not equipped with fenders over the rearmost wheels shall have attached thereto a rubber or fabric apron directly behind the rearmost wheels, and hanging perpendicular from the body of the vehicle. The apron shall be of such a size as to prevent the bulk of the water or any other substance picked up from the roadway from being thrown from the rear wheels of the vehicle or combination of vehicles at tangents exceeding twenty-two and one half (22 1/2) degrees measured from the road surface. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to a farm tractor moving over the state highway system at a speed less than twenty (20) miles per hour.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 06:01 AM   #3
fatty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I hope law enforcement is spending their time on more serious infractions of the law. I have never had any trouble in Oklahoma.
fatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.