JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Oklahoma Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f347/)
-   -   favorite trails? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f347/favorite-trails-1517042/)

Cantrell1 04-30-2013 08:35 PM

favorite trails?

Where's everyone trails at?

Muddy97Cherokee 05-03-2013 09:52 AM

Not to much around OKC but there is Big Red that's about an hour away in Macomb. It's a nice little park for a days worth of offroading. I want to check out Disney, Clayton, Buzzard Canyon, Freilings, and a few others I can't think if off the top of my head. Those will require staying an extra day though, maybe two. All of them are 3 hours from OKC and the only time I get that far is if I'm going hunting for the weekend.

Cantrell1 05-03-2013 10:09 AM

Not to much around tulsa either, I've heard good things about Disney though hoping to check it out when the weather stops being fickle

Muddy97Cherokee 05-03-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantrell1 (Post 15383706)
Not to much around tulsa either, I've heard good things about Disney though hoping to check it out when the weather stops being fickle

Disney is probably the most talked about place. There's also Gruber ORV in Muskogee, which I plan to go to this summer.

SlackJaw 05-03-2013 10:46 AM

Disney is really good. I need to check out Clayton. There are a few small spots in Tulsa, but most are illegal. There is one really awesome larger spot in Tulsa but is the highest likelyhood of all the spots for a trespassing fine. :o

Cantrell1 05-03-2013 10:55 AM

There were some trails on the back side of rolling oaks near Chandler park not sure if its still there might check it out this weekend

willis36 05-03-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantrell1 (Post 15383900)
There were some trails on the back side of rolling oaks near Chandler park not sure if its still there might check it out this weekend

Those are the trails Slackjaw is talking about....be careful out there

SlackJaw 05-03-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willis36 (Post 15386779)
Those are the trails Slackjaw is talking about....be careful out there

:D yup :o

That place would rival Disney if they would open it up though...

...and make a **** ton of money if they would businessify it.

I would pay to go twice a month. :o

willis36 05-04-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlackJaw (Post 15386811)
:D yup :o

That place would rival Disney if they would open it up though...

...and make a **** ton of money if they would businessify it.

I would pay to go twice a month. :o

I would pay and go out there and clean/pick up trash/perform trail maintanance. Land is owned by the guy who owns the caravan, from what i understand he is a complete asshat:(

Seeyal8r 05-30-2013 10:51 AM

Dry river runs in the summer make for a decent excursion. You can easily get on/off at Coyle, Perkins, and Ripley easy enough. I prefer night trips since the river needs to be dry which usually means summer. It takes 4-6 hours to go 12 river miles usually. Longer with more stock vehicles and even longer if nobody has scouted the trail. I like South East Oklahoma but its a trip to get there.

I'll open my land up again sometime in Stillwater. Its good for a weekend of fun.

RIPNBST 06-15-2013 01:19 PM

Only place I've been wheeling worthy of mentioning is Disney and it is an awesome place. For sure worth the drive from Tulsa and I'd make the drive from OKC too after having been there.

sillygoose 06-17-2013 08:12 PM

Are there any legal spots you can get on the South Canadian, or is it all illegal?

Muddy97Cherokee 06-17-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillygoose (Post 15574611)
Are there any legal spots you can get on the South Canadian, or is it all illegal?

Sun dog in Lexington/Purcell. Pay to get on the river and its your decision to either keep going and get out somewhere or turn around and get out at sun dog. Unless you have permission on private land it is illegal to get on anywhere else. The water is public but the sand and banks are private. You can get a ticket for multiple things. Watched many people from RDJ get tickets right outside my house from getting out of the river. I will not give you locations to get on the river since it is illegal and I frown upon doing that.

The time now is 01:25 AM.