Coming to OKC... Have a Scrambler.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Oklahoma Jeep Forum > Coming to OKC... Have a Scrambler..

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 11-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
DaJeeper

Coming to OKC... Have a Scrambler..

Hi all.. we will be moving to the OKC area soon. I have an 83 Scrambler which I'm trying to decide if I should bring or sell.

Questions:
I normally ride without a top and with the windshield down.. In Oklahoma, are there downsides to that?

I'm not a rock climber kinda person.. just like to putt around in the woods and enjoy nature... Areas for that in the OKC vicinity?

My engine/ignition system is a mish-mash of different things. Are there smog laws in OK which will cause me headaches?

Any good jeep mechanics in the area that really know and love jeeps and won't try to soak you every time you need something? I can work on mine but I think my job will take up a lot of my time.

Anything else anyone can add would be great. I'm coming from Florida where we ride in sand, mud, and water.

Thanks!!

DaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

No state inspection in Oklahoma, so I think you are good to go. Not sure about the OKC area, but check out Disney Ok, lots of good woodsy trail riding out there. Something for everyone from mild to wild, very fun place to wheel.
willis36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #3
boduke5051
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm new to Jeeps myself, I haven't checked yet to find out if there are any laws against running with the windshield down. I live in Tulsa, about 110 miles northeast of OKC, but I've heard there are some places to go wheeling down that way. Such as the above mentioned Disney. I think I've heard something about another one south of OKC somewhere but not sure where. I know up this way, there's a trail out by Keystone Lake Dam, and there are also trails out at Camp Gruber.

Oklahoma did away with state inspection/smog testing years ago, so you should be good there.

Mechanics, I'd say just shop around and try to find one that seems to know what he's talking about, and doesn't come across like a used car salesman. Good luck on that point, lol!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.