59th and Douglas closed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Oklahoma Jeep Forum > 59th and Douglas closed

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 01-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
LUFY
1981 CJ7 

59th and Douglas closed

The City Council has officially closed off 59th and Douglas, so I just thought I might save y'all the trouble of having to talk to cops and turn home. I am in the process of chasing/exorcising gremlins in my heep and would prefer to stay out of trouble, so if anyone is going out or even knows a place in a reasonable radius of OKC (30-60 min), please give me a shout. Thank you.

Matt

LUFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
like2lean
2004 TJ Wrangler 

+1, looking for somewhere less than 3 hrs to play around, what was out there that closed? I thought there was a motocross track out there somewhere...
like2lean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
LUFY
1981 CJ7 

it was just a large area of city land that was pretty much open for use by anyone, but those daggone murderers ruined it for the rest of us...they have
no imagination at all
LUFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
like2lean
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So true, find somewhere new to dump your bodies!! Over there and Draper are sooo done!
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
STEELHORSE6
2005 TJ Wrangler 

one dead hooker ruins everyone's fun..
STEELHORSE6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
like2lean
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Psssst, we found a way in on the south border. We tried to go Sunday and the cop was posted at the main (north) entrance. We went on around the east side and about half way back west on the south road, there's a steep but jeepable access.
Unread 02-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
kirok
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Been looking too

There is like no where to go near the OKC area. Someone told me out near Lake Eufala there was a place to go. I'll have to talk to the guy who told me again.
kirok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
Seeyal8r
1982 CJ5 

We hit the Cimarron river near coyle ok. North east side of the bridge. Once you get on you can go miles in every direction. Swimming holes, mud, sand, water crossings, and even rocks. Always a group out there.
Seeyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #9
like2lean
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeyal8r View Post
We hit the Cimarron river near coyle ok. North east side of the bridge. Once you get on you can go miles in every direction. Swimming holes, mud, sand, water crossings, and even rocks. Always a group out there.
Cool, I'll try that. Which way do you like best, east or west?
Unread 03-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #10
buns_1
2004 WJ 

A few weeks ago me and a buddy got on the Oklahoma River off of 10th street going East out of town. Cross the bridge over the river and there is a trail on the North side of the river.
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #11
jasonswelding
1999 TJ Wrangler 

In the summer we get on the South Canadian. We take 4wheelers but there are always trucks too. We get on at Lexington, but there are a lot of accesses. I've gotten on at Minco, and I-44 and 149th before. You can go as far as half a tank of gas takes you. Mostly just sand with some water holes and hill climbs. Take someone with you and never, never, never stop in running water.
jasonswelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
like2lean
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I-44 and 149th, that's 2 minutes from my house! I didn't know you could get on there, that's awesome! Which side? BTW, 59th and Douglas is back open, found a couple pretty fun trails in there too.
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #13
jasonswelding
1999 TJ Wrangler 

There was a guy behind that race track that was charging for river access. Been several years since I was there and only a couple of times. He even dug a mud bog one time and put on a river poker run. He had bike ralleys down there.
jasonswelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #14
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by like2lean View Post
I-44 and 149th, that's 2 minutes from my house! I didn't know you could get on there, that's awesome! Which side? BTW, 59th and Douglas is back open, found a couple pretty fun trails in there too.
Curiously, by open do you mean there's not a cop at the entrance? Or you've been told it's okay to wheel there by some authorized figure? I ask because the latter is naturally far more desirable. Then again, as long as there's nobody patrolling it/no posted signs, there's no legality breach.

I also ask because from the 26th-28th I'll be in town visiting a buddy of mine and I'd quite like to hit up the old spot. Last time I was there my TJ was bone stock and I ended up with this memory...

I imagine she'll do a bit better now that she looks more like....

[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #15
like2lean
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! And both actually, no cop, no patroling, and a lot of vehicles playing unbounded. Pm me when you arrive, and maybe we can meet out there for a little fun.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.