2012 Wheelers for the Wounded - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Oklahoma Jeep Forum > 2012 Wheelers for the Wounded

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 07-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
fatty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

2012 Wheelers for the Wounded

Just wanted to invite the everyone out for our 4th annual event at Disney on 9-22-12. It is a great opportunity to wheel in Disney and raise awareness and money for some wonderful charities. We will have guided runs from novice to extreme. Please see the link below to sign up or go to our club page for more information.
This event is held each year in Disney, Ok. We are moving the events and entertainment to the Disney community center right on the highway with offraod access permitted on the grass to and from the wheeling areas. If you have never been to Disney this would be a great way to get started. We had over 90 jeeps sign up for last years event and raised $6,000 for charity. This year's charities will include 1 - Fisher House 2- Blue Star Mothers (local) 3- The Hugs Project (local)

http://www.okjeepthing.com/

http://www.okwftw.org/

fatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
fatty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

For the 405, we will be at 4 Wheel parts 1 day sale on 8-11-12. You can stop by and meet some of the members and sign up for WFTW at that time. Hope to see you there. We will be cooking, have an RTI ramp and a 25$ gift card drawing for all new members signed up to our club.

For the 918, we have a few hardcore members going to Disney that weekend.
Unread 08-23-2012, 04:53 AM   #3
fatty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cut off date for pre registration is 9-8-12 in order to have your t-shirt available at the event. There will be a few shirts available at the event but can't guarantee one unless pre ordered. Looks like we have 2-3 winches in the raffle as well as a bunch more goodies.
Unread 08-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
BA-XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

sounds like a good time. Thanks for the info!!
BA-XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Subscribed...internets a hassle from my phone. Will check links tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure I'm in either way.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey fatty, I sent a couple questions to the website:

1) Is there an itinerary and/or time of start, and times of other parts, i.e. guided trails, lunch, dinner, raffle, anything else.

2) I’m mostly stock, but should have a 2” suspension lift by that time…I’m sure my wife might prefer the novice trails, but I wonder about the moderate, and whether my small lift might still be able to handle everything….I’m not afraid of dings, but certainly don’t want to be a hold up either. Do you have advice for me?
Unread 08-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
fatty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sat start time is 8-9am for sign up and coordinating groups - stock, moderate, extreme. 9-12 is wheeling with lunch from 12-1. Back on the trails after that until approx 5-5:30. Raffle at 6 I believe.
I would suggest that stock form (no lockers/31" and under) stay in the stock section. If you have never been to Disney before, then the stock group will show you a lot of the different areas with some fun trails that won't tear you up. I think they set moderate for at least 33" tires and at least 1 locker this year. I will have more info later this week and will psot up then.
Unread 08-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #8
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Perfect dude, that's exactly the advice I was looking for, im 31s w/ no lockers, hope i can qualify for moderate next year Thanks a ton. Will register very soon!
Unread 09-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #9
fatty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

to da top.
Need a little rain to lift the burn ban in the NE. If so, should be a great bonfire friday and sat night.
Unread 09-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #10
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for reminder fatty, going to register now. Trying to get my step dad out with his JK as well...
Unread 09-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #11
fatty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

To the top
Unread 09-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #12
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Can't wait. Do they call you fatty in real life?
Unread 09-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #13
fatty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
Can't wait. Do they call you fatty in real life?
In real "jeep life". Otherwise I go by Greg

Looks like we have city hall in Disney as our place for Saturday. Just across the damn with easy access for all rigs to the trails. See you all there.
Unread 09-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man, nice event. Wife and kid had a blast. That lady guide for the stock class was cool as **** and really nice to give the kids rides. Met some other nice folk out there, saw some mindblowing rigs and a monster flop, glad dude was not hurt, didn't win any prizes can't wait til next year, hope to camp and get to know you all better.
Unread 09-25-2012, 05:37 AM   #15
fatty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Still waiting on the official total raised but early numbers put it around 5k. This will be split between 3 charities with 2 of them being here in Ok. Weather was perfect this year. Hoping next year to have more donations for the raffle. Sorry you didn't win. Camping was great except for the burn ban. Kind of puts a damper on things when you are sitting around a lantern . Next year promises to be bigger and better.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.