Kansas Jeepin'? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Kansas Jeep Forum > Kansas Jeepin'?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
Jayhawk077
1999 WJ 

Kansas Jeepin'?

Anybody on the board from kansas? i just started going to The university of kansas and have been itching to hit the trails. Is anyone interested in showing a kansas newbie were all the good spots are?

[B]my cardomain website[/B]---[URL="http://http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2323251/1"]http://http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2323251/1[/URL]
Jayhawk077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
cherokeeman90
1998 XJ Cherokee 

hey dude
i'm in wichita
=]

i can show you around
wud u think of that game lastnight!!

rock chalk
cherokeeman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #3
coyote_94yj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in wichita too....but only till august.

Chris
coyote_94yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
Jayhawk077
1999 WJ 

rock chalk baby. gotta love some revenge. i know of a few guys just itching to go out all we have found are some mud puddles. How far are these places from lawrence?

[B]my cardomain website[/B]---[URL="http://http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2323251/1"]http://http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2323251/1[/URL]
Jayhawk077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #5
RUnnInJeep

For anyone that wants to go muddin. Theres a place right outside of eudora. I always go there when i want to mud. Its the Eudora bottoms. Go straight out 15th street in lawrence and youll hit a dirt road. keep followin the dirt road until you hit county road 1 and take a left. Its off the side of the road to the left about 20ft from the stop sign u take a left of right before you get to the trees on the left.
RUnnInJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 02:31 PM   #6
Orey22

Are you in a jeep club, anyone know of a jeep club in Lawrence KS? I've got a stock TJ I'm going to mod, and a 2012 Rubicon coming.
Orey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
dylanhaiduk
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tj Thanks dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUnnInJeep View Post
For anyone that wants to go muddin. Theres a place right outside of eudora. I always go there when i want to mud. Its the Eudora bottoms. Go straight out 15th street in lawrence and youll hit a dirt road. keep followin the dirt road until you hit county road 1 and take a left. Its off the side of the road to the left about 20ft from the stop sign u take a left of right before you get to the trees on the left.
Thanks! Im from OP and love taking my TJ offroad. There are no close spots except for tuttle creek in manhattan and kansas rocks down by fort scott. This place was pretty easy to find, with a little help from eudora locals. Tore that **** up!
dylanhaiduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
lrsmithwhaley
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orey22 View Post
Are you in a jeep club, anyone know of a jeep club in Lawrence KS? I've got a stock TJ I'm going to mod, and a 2012 Rubicon coming.
The KCJeepclub is close. There are some other clubs, but I have no experience with them.
Original Rust Jeep Club Member #2
Green Jeep Club Member #183
Air Force Jeep Club #76
lrsmithwhaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
scifone
Learns the hard way

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUnnInJeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanhaiduk View Post
Thanks! Im from OP and love taking my TJ offroad. There are no close spots except for tuttle creek in manhattan and kansas rocks down by fort scott. This place was pretty easy to find, with a little help from eudora locals. Tore that **** up!
Guys that land is private property. I went out there today to check it out and there are posted no trespassing signs everywhere.
scifone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #10
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Any of you guys going to frostbite 2012 at kansas rocks? From KC, just picked up a yj looking for other local jeepers. keep your fingers crossed for some snow
straightsixjeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #11
73wag
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUnnInJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanhaiduk

Guys that land is private property. I went out there today to check it out and there are posted no trespassing signs everywhere.
I just went out there today to see how it was. I didn't see any no trespassing signs, but it definitely looked like a place you could get in trouble for having some fun in (and County Road 1 isn't what I would call a lightly-travelled road). I did see several tire tracks in the mud, but does anybody have an official word on whether mudding is "allowed" on that land? Maybe the land owner is a really nice guy; who knows?
73wag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #12
lrsmithwhaley
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73wag View Post
I just went out there today to see how it was. I didn't see any no trespassing signs, but it definitely looked like a place you could get in trouble for having some fun in (and County Road 1 isn't what I would call a lightly-travelled road). I did see several tire tracks in the mud, but does anybody have an official word on whether mudding is "allowed" on that land? Maybe the land owner is a really nice guy; who knows?
It is NOT allowed. Assuming it's the same person, I've been informed that signs have been stolen more than once, and the guy is to the point that him and LEO will be meeting you if he catches you. He does have game cameras up watching to. Personally I wouldn't be a nice guy if someone was trespassing on my property. I can't believe the mods have let discussion of this land to continue to be honest. Don't give us offroaders a continued bad name by going there.
Original Rust Jeep Club Member #2
Green Jeep Club Member #183
Air Force Jeep Club #76
lrsmithwhaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #13
jhay80
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsmithwhaley View Post
It is NOT allowed. Assuming it's the same person, I've been informed that signs have been stolen more than once, and the guy is to the point that him and LEO will be meeting you if he catches you. He does have game cameras up watching to. Personally I wouldn't be a nice guy if someone was trespassing on my property. I can't believe the mods have let discussion of this land to continue to be honest. Don't give us offroaders a continued bad name by going there.

Well said. Gotta respect other peoples property.
jhay80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.