JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Kansas Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f346/)
-   -   Kansas Jeepin'? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f346/kansas-jeepin-527622/)

Jayhawk077 03-02-2008 08:57 PM

Kansas Jeepin'?

Anybody on the board from kansas? i just started going to The university of kansas and have been itching to hit the trails. Is anyone interested in showing a kansas newbie were all the good spots are? :cheers2:

cherokeeman90 03-02-2008 09:31 PM

hey dude
i'm in wichita
=]

i can show you around
wud u think of that game lastnight!! :)

rock chalk

coyote_94yj 03-02-2008 11:57 PM

I'm in wichita too....but only till august.

Chris

Jayhawk077 03-03-2008 03:22 PM

rock chalk baby. gotta love some revenge. i know of a few guys just itching to go out all we have found are some mud puddles. How far are these places from lawrence?

RUnnInJeep 05-30-2011 10:48 AM

For anyone that wants to go muddin. Theres a place right outside of eudora. I always go there when i want to mud. Its the Eudora bottoms. Go straight out 15th street in lawrence and youll hit a dirt road. keep followin the dirt road until you hit county road 1 and take a left. Its off the side of the road to the left about 20ft from the stop sign u take a left of right before you get to the trees on the left.

Orey22 07-31-2011 03:31 PM

Are you in a jeep club, anyone know of a jeep club in Lawrence KS? I've got a stock TJ I'm going to mod, and a 2012 Rubicon coming.

dylanhaiduk 01-09-2012 03:54 PM

Thanks dude

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUnnInJeep (Post 11625666)
For anyone that wants to go muddin. Theres a place right outside of eudora. I always go there when i want to mud. Its the Eudora bottoms. Go straight out 15th street in lawrence and youll hit a dirt road. keep followin the dirt road until you hit county road 1 and take a left. Its off the side of the road to the left about 20ft from the stop sign u take a left of right before you get to the trees on the left.

Thanks! Im from OP and love taking my TJ offroad. There are no close spots except for tuttle creek in manhattan and kansas rocks down by fort scott. This place was pretty easy to find, with a little help from eudora locals. Tore that **** up!

lrsmithwhaley 01-20-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orey22 (Post 11945822)
Are you in a jeep club, anyone know of a jeep club in Lawrence KS? I've got a stock TJ I'm going to mod, and a 2012 Rubicon coming.

The KCJeepclub is close. There are some other clubs, but I have no experience with them.

scifone 02-06-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUnnInJeep (Post 11625666)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dylanhaiduk (Post 12824764)
Thanks! Im from OP and love taking my TJ offroad. There are no close spots except for tuttle creek in manhattan and kansas rocks down by fort scott. This place was pretty easy to find, with a little help from eudora locals. Tore that **** up!

Guys that land is private property. I went out there today to check it out and there are posted no trespassing signs everywhere.

straightsixjeep 02-12-2012 12:55 AM

Any of you guys going to frostbite 2012 at kansas rocks? From KC, just picked up a yj looking for other local jeepers. keep your fingers crossed for some snow :)

73wag 03-04-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUnnInJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanhaiduk

Guys that land is private property. I went out there today to check it out and there are posted no trespassing signs everywhere.
I just went out there today to see how it was. I didn't see any no trespassing signs, but it definitely looked like a place you could get in trouble for having some fun in (and County Road 1 isn't what I would call a lightly-travelled road). I did see several tire tracks in the mud, but does anybody have an official word on whether mudding is "allowed" on that land? Maybe the land owner is a really nice guy; who knows?

lrsmithwhaley 03-04-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73wag (Post 13176551)
I just went out there today to see how it was. I didn't see any no trespassing signs, but it definitely looked like a place you could get in trouble for having some fun in (and County Road 1 isn't what I would call a lightly-travelled road). I did see several tire tracks in the mud, but does anybody have an official word on whether mudding is "allowed" on that land? Maybe the land owner is a really nice guy; who knows?

It is NOT allowed. Assuming it's the same person, I've been informed that signs have been stolen more than once, and the guy is to the point that him and LEO will be meeting you if he catches you. He does have game cameras up watching to. Personally I wouldn't be a nice guy if someone was trespassing on my property. I can't believe the mods have let discussion of this land to continue to be honest. Don't give us offroaders a continued bad name by going there.

jhay80 03-04-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lrsmithwhaley (Post 13176607)
It is NOT allowed. Assuming it's the same person, I've been informed that signs have been stolen more than once, and the guy is to the point that him and LEO will be meeting you if he catches you. He does have game cameras up watching to. Personally I wouldn't be a nice guy if someone was trespassing on my property. I can't believe the mods have let discussion of this land to continue to be honest. Don't give us offroaders a continued bad name by going there.

Well said. Gotta respect other peoples property.

The time now is 10:06 AM.