anybody in kansas? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Kansas Jeep Forum > anybody in kansas?

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 03-30-2010, 08:09 PM   #31
kstom
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I don't really remember if I "punched" it at the 40 sign but, I do generally accelerate fairly rapidly when I hit the 40 zone. I'm guessing that was me. If I remember correctly, I think I saw a big white truck in front of the theater when I passed. Where were you parked?

kstom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #32
lateralus3
1994 ZJ 

yeah that was you. i was parked like five feet in front of the building. you would have had to look back to see me because that truck was in the way
lateralus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #33
kstom
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRenegade View Post
We played you guys in football but they went by Central Burden back then. Small world

I played football there "way" back then (early/mid '80's). I ended up going to Winfield and then Sarasota, Florida. And you're right. It was Central Burden.
Unread 03-30-2010, 09:15 PM   #34
kstom
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralus3 View Post
yeah that was you. i was parked like five feet in front of the building. you would have had to look back to see me because that truck was in the way
Are you originally from El Dorado or did you get stuck here after you realized it really wasn't the city of gold?
Unread 03-30-2010, 09:19 PM   #35
lateralus3
1994 ZJ 

hey if you want to go wheeling or need help with your xj just send me a pm im usually bored as hell on the weekends
Unread 03-30-2010, 09:25 PM   #36
lateralus3
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstom View Post
Are you originally from El Dorado or did you get stuck here after you realized it really wasn't the city of gold?
no ive ony lived here for 3 years. i was born and raised in New Hampshire
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:53 PM   #37
kstom
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
hey if you want to go wheeling or need help with your xj just send me a pm im usually bored as hell on the weekends
Sounds good. I'm going to try and hit either ks rocks or tuttle sometime in April. I know Dirk from DPG Offroad wants to hit Tuttle pretty soon. Maybe we can get a group together with RustyRenegade and a few others.

Quote:
no ive ony lived here for 3 years. i was born and raised in New Hampshire
Not trying to pry but, how did you end up in El Dorado, Kansas?
Unread 03-31-2010, 09:07 PM   #38
lateralus3
1994 ZJ 

my fiances dad has problems with his health and she wanted to be here. id love to go wheeling i havent gone in my zj yet. i have to get new shocks before the trip or else i cant go. the previous owner made some horrible coilovers on some dead shocks
Unread 03-31-2010, 09:10 PM   #39
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstom View Post
Sounds good. I'm going to try and hit either ks rocks or tuttle sometime in April. I know Dirk from DPG Offroad wants to hit Tuttle pretty soon. Maybe we can get a group together with RustyRenegade and a few others.
i'm always down for a wheeling trip. i've wanted to try kansas rocks but tuttle is alot closer. myself, onlyinaTJ, and sheadrick usually wheel together so if yal make a trip hit us up we're always down for a fun time wheelin
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 09:24 PM   #40
kstom
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
my fiances dad has problems with his health and she wanted to be here. id love to go wheeling i havent gone in my zj yet. i have to get new shocks before the trip or else i cant go. the previous owner made some horrible coilovers on some dead shocks
I hope your future father-in-law regains his health. Any idea what shocks you're going to run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
i'm always down for a wheeling trip. i've wanted to try kansas rocks but tuttle is alot closer. myself, onlyinaTJ, and sheadrick usually wheel together so if yal make a trip hit us up we're always down for a fun time wheelin
ksrocks is only about 2 hours from us so it is actually closer to our location but, I've heard nothing but good stuff about tuttle. I'll keep you all updated on trip info.
Unread 03-31-2010, 09:29 PM   #41
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

ok yeah i love love love tuttle its super legit. during the summer i live with my parents in kc so i'm always down for a trip then
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 09:31 PM   #42
lateralus3
1994 ZJ 

im going to runsome rubicon express twin tubes until i can order my iron rock offroad 5.5 critical path long arm kit then ill run bilsteins
Unread 04-01-2010, 08:33 AM   #43
RustyRenegade
1980 CJ5 

[QUOTE=kstom;9199619]Sounds good. I'm going to try and hit either ks rocks or tuttle sometime in April. I know Dirk from DPG Offroad wants to hit Tuttle pretty soon. Maybe we can get a group together with RustyRenegade and a few others.

I would be all for a wheeling trip. I have a group of friends that I'm sure would be interested as well. I was planning on a trip this wednesday to Arkansas that I had to cancel thanks to Randys ring and pinion. Don't believe them when they say your part that is on back order will be there on time!
RustyRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #44
kstom
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I would be all for a wheeling trip. I have a group of friends that I'm sure would be interested as well. I was planning on a trip this wednesday to Arkansas that I had to cancel thanks to Randys ring and pinion. Don't believe them when they say your part that is on back order will be there on time![/QUOTE]

That sucks about your Randy's order. They used to be a standard for gears and such. I been hearing about quite a few issues with that company lately. Hopefully they will get thier act together soon and get you your parts.

Where were you going in Arkansas?
Unread 04-01-2010, 12:22 PM   #45
RustyRenegade
1980 CJ5 

We go to a state park called Devils Den. We have a friend that lives near there. Not serious wheeling, just trail riding and such.

I ordered 4.88s, a spool for the rear, and spartan locker for the front, and moly shafts front and back. The right front shaft was on back order until the fifth of march and I still haven't got it. So I'm sitting here with everything but thatI want to be pissed off at them but since I work for a Chrysler dealer I understand the problems with backorders. To make it worse I sold my 33s and bought 35's when my gears were too high to begin with. Called off the trip since I doubt I'd have a clutch left when I got back. Really dissappointed...
RustyRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.