Any Jeep Mechanics in the Flint Hills? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Kansas Jeep Forum > Any Jeep Mechanics in the Flint Hills?

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieCustom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 02-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Gal_Vet
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Any Jeep Mechanics in the Flint Hills?

Stationed at Fort Riley and looking for a reliable mechanic to do work on my 1987 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer. Motor mounts are broken, and Firestone on post can't find the right parts. Need someone who loves Jeeps and knows where to look for parts.

Gal_Vet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal_Vet
Stationed at Fort Riley and looking for a reliable mechanic to do work on my 1987 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer. Motor mounts are broken, and Firestone on post can't find the right parts. Need someone who loves Jeeps and knows where to look for parts.
There used to be a guy over in wamego that rebuilt jeeps out of his garage.

He helped me out with a busted axle a few years back. Might want to ask around at the Manhattan parts stores. That's how I tracked him down last time.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
shane22185

What exactly is wrong with them
I have tools and love wrenching
shane22185 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #4
92yj1978
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i have a 92 yj and im stationed on ft riley as well .... air cav!! hope you got it fixed
92yj1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
Big_Baird

I've got a 93 YJ, on ft Riley also. In the CAB
Big_Baird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 01:20 AM   #6
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Do your motor mounts just need replaced or did the motor mount bolts shear off in the block?
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #7
Gal_Vet
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Finally did get the motor mounts replaced. And the fuel pump, and muffler... Jeep found a reason to stop running reliably anyway; believe it's a compression issue. Sadly, I bought a truck, in lieu of my Cherokee, and am now selling the Jeep as a fixer-upper or for parts. Off road tires are still like new; and I figure the right person, with mechanic skills, can do more with the Jeep than I can.
Gal_Vet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.