Winter Park Trails ??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Winter Park Trails ???

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 01-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #16
JimWilliamson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Again, these depend upon which way you're driving to/from Winter Park...

You can search for these at the above mentioned TrailDamage.com : Rock Creek, Bunce School Road (and Ironclads). Bunce is gated at the southern end'ish but the northern end is open. Rock Creek is about 10 minutes up the highway from Bunce. These are on the front range - west of Longmont you might say. Lefthand Canyon I think is open. Many of the "gulches" might be open.

JimWilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #17
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I'll be coming across i70 from Moab. From what I saw on Trails.com it looked like Silverthorne would be a good place to stay for a couple days and run some trails. I was looking a Webster. Although I'd enjoy the scenic, my son would like to do some crawling. Was looking at being there about 8/6 - 8/7.
Rrw600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #18
Perkalater79
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrw600
Yeah, I'll be coming across i70 from Moab. From what I saw on Trails.com it looked like Silverthorne would be a good place to stay for a couple days and run some trails. I was looking a Webster. Although I'd enjoy the scenic, my son would like to do some crawling. Was looking at being there about 8/6 - 8/7.
Hey. That's my birthday!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Perkalater79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #19
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkalater79 View Post
Hey. That's my birthday!

What better way to spend your birthday, go wheeling. I could even arrange a celebratory beverage.
Unread 01-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #20
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Grand junction has some sweet trails that will most likely be drive able year 'round (Bangs canyon system, Rattlesnake). Montrose may be use able too(die trying, etc) These trails are not for stock, though... Near Denver there are a few depending on the snow load, Yankee hill, Slaughterhouse gulch... again perhaps not stock jeep trails in the snow.
Don't go alone.
But mostly in winter it is snow, and closures. Snow bashing is hard. Kicks, but work.
(some trails open late July due to snow load, July to September is it on some.)
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #21
Jeepin72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrw600 View Post
The Silverthorne area and I70 corridor trails are mostly "scenic" trails. There are some like SOB Hill or Spring Creek that MAY be able to be done in an open diff vehicle. Spring Creek may make for a long day of winching.

Wheeler Lakes just south of Breckenridge can be done in an open diff vehicle. That trail all depends on line choice. It has some great obstacles. I did all but bowling ball hill on 31's with open diffs, granted a dragged a ton on my undercarriage.
Unread 01-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #22
Perkalater79
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrw600

What better way to spend your birthday, go wheeling. I could even arrange a celebratory beverage.
That would certainly be a great!

Perkalater79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #23
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I need to update my profile. My son built it up. We're on 35's, D44's front and back, with lockers front and back.
img-20121110-00096.jpg   imgp3882-1-.jpg  
Unread 01-24-2013, 05:41 AM   #24
Jeepin72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well that changes everything! Spring Creek, SOB Hill, Wheeler Lake, and all for sure. Holy Cross isn't all that far from Silverthorne. That trail gets write up in the magazines.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.