what do you guys think, go or no go? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > what do you guys think, go or no go?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
spankiee

what do you guys think, go or no go?

I have a stock 08 jk x 2 door soft top. I did install Rubicon springs, shocks wheels and bfg m/t tires which gave me about an inch 1/2 lift. I ran caribou and eldrado mount and they were both super easy, this Thursday I get to go up again and was thinking about coney flats and st. Vrain mid. So the question is do you think my stocker can handle it? And what trails would you say my jeep will not be able to do.

spankiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
gonwhln
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankiee
I have a stock 08 jk x 2 door soft top. I did install Rubicon springs, shocks wheels and bfg m/t tires which gave me about an inch 1/2 lift. I ran caribou and eldrado mount and they were both super easy, this Thursday I get to go up again and was thinking about coney flats and st. Vrain mid. So the question is do you think my stocker can handle it? And what trails would you say my jeep will not be able to do.
Yes it can handle it if you don't mind scraping your Skids and diffs

Sent from my Eris using JeepForum
Evo rear King Coilovers, Recon front King Coilovers, Rock Krawler all 8 control arms & links, CV driveshafts, removed rear sway bar, Custom skids, Viair OBA with dual compressors mounted behind tailights & 2gal tank, Warn M8000, Body Armor rear bumper and carrier w/custom rotopax, front Poison Spyder Brawler lite bumper, Herculined tub, Cobra 75wx cb, daystar switch panel, Hella lights, custom cut fenders, 17" black alloys w/ 35" treadwright Guard dogs, Gusseted and regeared to 5.13's, Teraflex drag link flip, cut and dieted, Benchmark HD oil pan, RK deep sump HD tranny pan.
gonwhln is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
jeep-newbie
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have a totally stock 2008 Rubicon Wrangler 2dr with dual tops. (However, my hard-top was only used for one season so far) and have managed Caribou, MSV and many others with ease. I have also done many more trails which would be rated a lot more difficult out in Moab. Your Jeep can do a lot more than you think it can do...

Don't feel bad. I feel like a failure as a driver because a more experienced driver would actually be able to put it to the test. Take your time and learn your vehicle. You own a beast!

You lost me on the tires tho .... The Rubicons came with BFG M/T's. Did you buy it used? Why would you have to replace them?

Get out there and and have fun!
jeep-newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
spankiee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep-newbie View Post

You lost me on the tires tho .... The Rubicons came with BFG M/T's. Did you buy it used? Why would you have to replace them?
I bought the wheels and got the bfg m/t's that rubicons come stock with
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
spankiee

Going to build myself some rock slides tomorrow for my trip Thursday I have a real good idea of what I want so I'll take some pics after I'm done. Tomorrow is gonna be fun!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.