Trip Report Pics & Videos - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Trip Report Pics & Videos

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #121
BKGarrison
2002 WJ 

Haven't Posted on here much, but I have been a lurker for awhile.

Took a trip to Moab last weekend and got to stretch the jeep out a little

It's amazing what a jeep will do with very little mods. I was out there with the inlaws, they were riding ATV's

2" spacer lift and some Nitto Terra Grappler Tires open diffs

Pictures Taken on the first part of Poison Spider Mesa, we ran Dome Plateau trail earlier in the day, but it was mostly too easy. We had to return one of the ATV's by 6:30, so we only got to play on poison spider for about 2 hours.

I had ran Poison Spider back in 2000 in a stock Nissan pickup, but the jeep handled it much better. Came out with just a small scratch on the tow hook

Very beautiful country, and very fun offroading

BKGarrison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2009, 11:47 AM   #122
rballman
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANKiE View Post
Wow, give the Coloradoians a compliment and they shut you down...
you just have to make it run for it over the border like I did

Colorado Jeep Club member #2007

My JK Build Thread
rballman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #123
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Fun day at Indy!

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 12:08 AM   #124
pryde551
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just a quick report on Medano Pass. The web site shows it as open:

http://www.nps.gov/grsa/medano-pass-road.htm

However it is temporarily closed on the north end, about 6 miles from HWY 69.

We were out there on Sunday, May 31st. We came in the south way via the sand dunes. Almost to the end of the trail (Going from south to north) near the summit of the pass there was a huge wash out area in the road where the forest service was blocking it out with cones, so we had to turn around and head out south again. There is no way around it unless you go off the trail, which of course is a big no, no.

So anyone heading out that way may want to call ahead and see when it re-opens. The forest ranger was saying they were going to try and get a tractor up there to fill in the hole.

Maybe it is fixed by now, but it is going to take alot of dirt to fill that in. My friend has pictures of the hole, but I don't have them yet and I wanted to post on here quick to give people a heads up in case they were planning a trip down there soon.

Anyway, here are some pics.

My son's first trail in his stock XJ.

My buddy going through the same crossing. The creek crossing's were a little deep, but not moving fast.

[CENTER][COLOR="Silver"]Colorado Jeep Member #155[/COLOR][/CENTER]
pryde551 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #125
MeloYelo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Moab in May

I havent posted here in a while so here is a video of my recent moab trip and Hells revenge.

2002 TJ Sport, Locked in rear. Armor dents and character.

05 WK 5.7L Limited. Stock...... for now.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #79
MeloYelo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #126
rballman
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloYelo View Post
I havent posted here in a while so here is a video of my recent moab trip and Hells revenge.

nice video! glad you didnt roll backwards down that last trail.

Colorado Jeep Club member #2007

My JK Build Thread
rballman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #127
schebs05tj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Cool 654321
Unread 06-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #128
schebs05tj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Way Cool 321
Unread 06-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #129
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Here are some oi the better picts from Moab.

Rest are here
http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/c...r/Moab%202009/
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #130
aspecialdad
2001 WJ 

Wj TJ rescue vehicle

We were up at slaughter house and had a rough day, tranny went out on the TJ and as my kids call it "Our lil RED Jeepy" saved the day and pulled him up and out of the bottom of slaughter house.

Also my first flex shot with my KOR 2.5" BB and city tires!

Was a good day a bit dusty for the most part
slaughter-20house-20035.jpg   slaughter-20house-20068.jpg   slaughter-20house-20104.jpg   slaughter-20house-20133.jpg   slaughter-20house-20183.jpg  

Unread 07-20-2009, 12:31 AM   #131
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ran Spring Creek today

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/c...20July%202009/
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #132
Be-O-Be
2000 WJ 

just an FYI as well, if you keep an eye out on the colorado jeep club myspace page in my sig i am trying to get and keep all pics and vids that i can find from trail rides on there.. if you see any i miss you can shoot me an email on myspace with the link and ill get it added.

Your Local Sheriffs Dept... Here to "Protect" your butt... Not kiss it!

http://www.myspace.com/coloradojeepclub
Be-O-Be is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #133
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 09-20-2010, 01:51 PM   #134
Ezalycasaid

Battlement mesa Trip 9/17/10

Went on Battlement mesa trail, last thursday. It was good and dry except for in the huge puddles. Wich Id like to name the unknown puddles of doom. There about 2 1/2 feet deep with rocks and holes just under the water so u cant see it untill u slam into or slip off of it. Kinda fun if your into bitting your tounge as your trying to talk because u dont know the bumps coming. Not a fan personally. Everything else was fine. The trail was a little more warn down then I last remembered it in 08. I actually broke down on the very first rock 20secs into the trail. (took off my quick releases and forgot that I still had my stock shocks on) So I snapped my shock on the first rock. So no shocks, and no sway bar in the front. We got motion sickness. Little ways down I needed to get some articulation to get my coils to stretch enough for me to put my rubber bump stop back in because I forgot to do it when I did my spacers. Articulated a little too much and overextended my steering damper wich caused it to break as well. I finally got to try out the skids this guy made for me. Its 3/16" steel slidders, and oil/trans skid plates this guy made for me for about 200 bucks total. Worth every penny cause I hit those things HARD. Didnt even put a dent in it, just scratched the paint. Finally made it to the top about 3 hours into the trail.
flexin.jpg   lil-stuck.jpg   bouta-flip.jpg   fixing-my-shock.jpg   resivior.jpg  

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...eilla-1121886/
I void warranties.
Ezalycasaid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #135
Bubbie
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Kingston Peak: 10/2/2010

I know this is "driving Miss Daisy" for many of you on here, but we had a hell of a time, and a few scares.

Was a beautiful weekend in the front range/foot hills. Left Boulder at 9am. Headed west up Flagstaff mountain. I was in my 1989 YJ (Stock aside from: 255/75/R15 Mud Terrains and an M8000). My buddy was on his Suzuki cross sport bike.

Gross Revoir Trail: A fun ~2 mile run which connects Baseline Road/Flagstaff to the Magnolia trail network/Peak to Peak highway. From Boulder this is the fastest way to the Peak to Peak and is pretty fun. From either side, the trail starts with a climb and ends with a decent. Forest Roads 359.1 to 97.1. Could be cleared in a high-clearance stock SUV (base Wrangler).

Magnolia Trails: A good network of trails. Aside from one climb, could easily be cleared in a low clearance SUV. Very popular with mountain bikers and campers. ~5 miles from the trailhead to Moffat Road (16).

YouTube - Josh's Jeep

Kingston Peak: A very fun ~18 mile run up to the Kingston Peak summit (12,000) and back down into the small town of Alice. Pretty smooth trail until you get above tree line. Loose rocks above tree line with two pretty steep and hairy climbs.

James Peak

Kingston Peak Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.